Originally Posted by NguyenAdam
I'm going to be acquiring a bit of money in the coming months and I'm deciding to go watercooling. I'm trying to get everything together to see how much it will be to get a full loop running. GPU + CPU. All I know what to buy is the kit and the waterblock. I don't know the costs of everything else.
I'll be getting a 6950 soon, so its gonna be the waterblock + rx240. I would like to use AP14/15s for the radiator, but if it gets too pricey, then I'm not too sure.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I cannot have a bay res because of the limitations placed on my case. I will have to put my HDD in my 5.25 bay which leaves no room for a res or dual bay res.
Honestly you can do all this for below 250~400 with the right parts.
1. Get a RASA block or an EK LTX *I got the LTX was cheap and quite an upgrade from my D.tek Fuzion v2.
2. Pump this is gonna be one of the most costly things in the loop,one word "MCP 655" This pump has lasted me a long time and the one I have is still the first one I had when I went wc.
3. Radiators, aahhh this is debatable actually. Go with some Swftech radaiators best bang for you buck and perform with what ever fans you buy.
I suggest these rads because there not finicky with fan choices, like XSPC and EK radiators which have low fpi which would need high pressure fans that cost and arm and a leg. which leads me to number 4.
4. Fans Get yate loons mediums to high fans.. AP14/15's are nice and all but they cost twice as much as yates. I've been thinking about getting some AP fans but my Yate's are still running strong.
5. tubing 7/16 inch tubing WILL be a tight fit, and as someone said above.. you WILL not be able to re-use it. well let me rephrase that you will be able to but the amount you cut off just trying to get if off the barbs will prolly make the length useless. I say get some 1/2 tubing and get some 1/2 barbs and some clamps man.. and trust me you'll save money on tubing.
6. fittings and such. get regular barbs man no need for fancy barbs. Again like someone said above "this is a never ending" hobby of ours, yeah you can get the fancy barbs but I say get the cheaper stuff.. and when you want to upgrade something you can get the fancy stuff later. again it's neverending.
7. PT nuke is all you need.. no need for kill coils or what ever.. pt nuke is cheap and works. and get some distilled water...NO DYES.. get colored tubing of your choice of size..
With all this you WILL spend 250~400+ in you take into account GPU waterblocks which are the most costly thing in any loop even more than a pump. MAKE sure to do your RESEARCH on GPU blocks.