Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › My Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD First Impressions - Page 3

post #21 of 43
aniumhd1.jpg
Edited by Psykhotic - 10/10/11 at 5:27pm
post #22 of 43
Thank you for posting a review of the card. This looks like a very solid card, and it's a total steal at $47.99.

For anyone who actually owns this card, would you say that it is worth buying at $130?

I'm going to try and grab one at BB, but if they won't give me the clearance pricing I have to decide if I'm going to pay that or not. I do need a new sound card, and I mostly use headphones for both gaming and listening to music.
ColdCut
(14 items)
 
YetiKube
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus Rampage V Extreme  XFX 295x2 Core Hydro Edition CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro  Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Black 3TB  LG Bluray Burner 16x 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H110i GT Windows 8.1 Pro Asus 4k Corsair AX1500i  
CaseAudio
Corsair 900D Stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
(1) 2500K ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 GTX 780 Classified Mushkin 996995 DDR3 1600 (2 Sticks) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro (1) 150GB Western Digital Raptor (1) 1TB Western Digital Black Caviar (1) Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Windows 8.1 LG 21:9 Ultrawide 34" 3440x1440 Filco 114 key (Blue Cherry) / HHKB Pro 2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W - 850W Mountain Mods - U2 UFO Orginal - Gloss Black Logitech G400 / Razer Deathadder BE Razer Goliathus Extended / Artisan Hien VE (Sof... 
AudioOtherOther
Creative Sounds Blaster X-FI Titanium HD Asus USB N-53 Wireless USB adapter  12 Case Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
ColdCut
(14 items)
 
YetiKube
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x Asus Rampage V Extreme  XFX 295x2 Core Hydro Edition CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Pro  Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Black 3TB  LG Bluray Burner 16x 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
H110i GT Windows 8.1 Pro Asus 4k Corsair AX1500i  
CaseAudio
Corsair 900D Stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
(1) 2500K ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 GTX 780 Classified Mushkin 996995 DDR3 1600 (2 Sticks) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Pro (1) 150GB Western Digital Raptor (1) 1TB Western Digital Black Caviar (1) Samsung SATA DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Windows 8.1 LG 21:9 Ultrawide 34" 3440x1440 Filco 114 key (Blue Cherry) / HHKB Pro 2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W - 850W Mountain Mods - U2 UFO Orginal - Gloss Black Logitech G400 / Razer Deathadder BE Razer Goliathus Extended / Artisan Hien VE (Sof... 
AudioOtherOther
Creative Sounds Blaster X-FI Titanium HD Asus USB N-53 Wireless USB adapter  12 Case Fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 43
I've got both the Xonar Essence STX and the X-Fi Titanium HD. Titanium HD, imo, is just as good for music and it's better for gaming. The problem, though, is that you have to manually unplug your headphones if you want to use speakers. Having to constantly go around to the back of the PC is really annoying. It also has a 1/8" headphone out, instead of a 1/4" amp like the STX. The latter isn't a big issue, but it means I need an adapter for my Ultrasone's frown.gif
Not Creative
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.7 GA-Z68XP-UD4 HIS 7950 IceQ Turbo 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 RAID 0 2TB WD Caviar Green 120GB Corsair Force SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24" BenQ White Ducky Shine w/ Cherry MX Browns Corsair TX-850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Steelseries Xai/Logitech G400 Steelseries 9HD/Steelseries QCK+ Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Ultrasone Pro 750 / Beyerdynamic DT880 
  hide details  
Reply
Not Creative
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.7 GA-Z68XP-UD4 HIS 7950 IceQ Turbo 8gb G. Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
2x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 RAID 0 2TB WD Caviar Green 120GB Corsair Force SSD Noctua NH-U12P SE2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 24" BenQ White Ducky Shine w/ Cherry MX Browns Corsair TX-850 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Enforcer Steelseries Xai/Logitech G400 Steelseries 9HD/Steelseries QCK+ Xonar Essence STX 
AudioAudio
Creative Titanium HD Ultrasone Pro 750 / Beyerdynamic DT880 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFrost;15245627 
Thank you for posting a review of the card. This looks like a very solid card, and it's a total steal at $47.99.

For anyone who actually owns this card, would you say that it is worth buying at $130?

I'm going to try and grab one at BB, but if they won't give me the clearance pricing I have to decide if I'm going to pay that or not. I do need a new sound card, and I mostly use headphones for both gaming and listening to music.

I would say it is only worth it if you will be gaming and listening to music on a daily basis. Otherwise the Titanium non-HD would be fine. It's up for $69.99 on Amazon.
post #25 of 43
damn what a price for that. i got mine for about 120 and i still like it a lot. will probably be getting a separate headphone amp to pair with them though, eventually.
Bootleg Fireworks
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k MSI Z77A-G45 Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Corsair Vengeance 4GB @ 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 64GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB Windows 8 x64 Achieva Shiman 27" Das Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-560 Corsair 600T Logitech G700 Denon D7000 
Audio
Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Bootleg Fireworks
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k MSI Z77A-G45 Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Corsair Vengeance 4GB @ 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 64GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB Windows 8 x64 Achieva Shiman 27" Das Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic X-560 Corsair 600T Logitech G700 Denon D7000 
Audio
Creative Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 43
Well you seem to have had positive experience with the card. I grabbed one yesterday and when I went to playing with it and testing it on some of my music it seemed that the bass and/or back ground rhythms where over powering the vocals and such. I didn't experience this with the integrated. I did use the included cd though. Are the online drivers more up to date?
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnotts;15245792 
Having to constantly go around to the back of the PC is really annoying.

If you have front panel audio on your case, you hook that up to the sound card. That's what I did.
post #28 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307;15253649 
Well you seem to have had positive experience with the card. I grabbed one yesterday and when I went to playing with it and testing it on some of my music it seemed that the bass and/or back ground rhythms where over powering the vocals and such. I didn't experience this with the integrated. I did use the included cd though. Are the online drivers more up to date?

The thing with Creative is that you really need to mess with the EQ to make music sound correct. I now have a custom EQ for both Music and Gaming. It's not like other sound cards where you just install the drivers and they sound great.

It took me an hour to get both EQ's to appropriate levels.
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeNF;15253685 
The thing with Creative is that you really need to mess with the EQ to make music sound correct. I now have a custom EQ for both Music and Gaming. It's not like other sound cards where you just install the drivers and they sound great.

It took me an hour to get both EQ's to appropriate levels.

Awesome! I have no idea what I would be doing if I did that. I am a complete newb when it comes to audio. But for $50 for a top of the line sound card I decided to jump on the sound card train to see if it was worth the hype.
Edited by animal0307 - 10/10/11 at 5:31pm
post #30 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307;15253719 
Awesome! I have no idea what I would be doing if I did that. I am a complete newb when it comes to audio. But for $50 for a top pf the line sounds card I decided to jump on the sound card train to see if it was worth the hype.

It is worth the hype for sure if you have the right headphones. Make sure you enable CMSS-3D and turn on Bass Boost (3-4dB) if you are an FPS player. It makes the explosions sound like they are next to you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › My Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD First Impressions