Originally Posted by jjsoviet
The Epic was good when I played with it. Knowing its support, I would have flashed CM7 on that thing day one.
And Samsung of today is better than the Samsung of yesterday. The guy behind CyanogenMod is now working for the company, and has since made great strides - like releasing kernel source code weeks before release. My new AT&T Galaxy S II is now enjoying overclocks and custom ROMs as soon as it was made available.
It is good that you are enjoying your Samsung. My friend absolutely despises his. Then again, he has had nothing but poor experiences with Samsung after buying his Galaxy (old one with physical keyboard). Since he purchased the phone, he has:
- Found out initially that he could not update to Froyo (took Samsung forever to release the update)
- This was his first smartphone so learning how to use it sucked for him
- Had his Samsung LCD monitor fail after 3.5 years
- Had his Samsung TV fail after 5 years
- Samsung battery shorted out and he had to argue to get it replaced
Other than severe battery issues with my Incredible, my experience was OK. Never used Flash despite having it. I also thought that their app store was very clunky. I really liked not having to use iTunes though and simply dragging and dropping stuff through Windows Explorer was awesome.