Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Anandtech]iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Anandtech]iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5... - Page 11

post #101 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoviet View Post
The problem with your argument is that Apple releases its products on about a yearly basis, so people who want to upgrade will have to wait for the device to be released. Within that time period of waiting, Android OEMs would have already put out an average 3-5 mid/high-end models per brand, so customers can just pick one right away. And there's no limit to what these devices may carry, so they are generally the first to introduce hardware improvements.

For example, by next year we would have Tegra 3 Kal-El, ushering the era of quad-core mobile computing. Shortly afterwards, Qualcomm's Krait Snapdragon processor will be the first commercially available SoC manufactured using a 28nm process. Also by that time, Samsung would have already outed its Exynos 4212 for its next-gen Galaxy S devices. I mean, there's so much Android hardware can achieve over a span of time one Apple device will be introduced.
If you're due for an upgrade right now, why do you care which device is ushering in the golden age of quad core mobile computing 7 months from now?

You just can't accept the fact that the iPhone is at the top of those graphs, can you?
Edited by Foolsmasher - 10/11/11 at 3:10pm
post #102 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
You could have said the same thing about the Galaxy SII being overshadowed by the iPhone in mere months a few months back too. And likewise, pretty much any phone is going to be overshadowed in a few months by another newly released phone. What's your point?
How is that? So your saying iPhone 4 overshadows the galaxy 2 ?? Im confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallendreams View Post
How is that? So your saying iPhone 4 overshadows the galaxy 2 ?? Im confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
He's referring to the 4S launch.
Edited by Foolsmasher - 10/11/11 at 3:13pm
post #104 of 180
The US versions of the GS2 pull better scores than that, and the newest version (Tmo) pulls a 2500ish in sunstrider...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus VI Formula XFX r9 290 GSkill Ripjawz DDR3 2133Mhz 11-11-11-27 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256GB Corsair H100i Corsair H100i Win 7 Pro 
PowerCase
Cooler Master V550 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k Asus VI Formula XFX r9 290 GSkill Ripjawz DDR3 2133Mhz 11-11-11-27 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial MX100 256GB Corsair H100i Corsair H100i Win 7 Pro 
PowerCase
Cooler Master V550 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsoviet View Post
IMO rapid release cycles by Android OEMs promote innovation through cutthroat competition.
I agree. And it helps keep Apple on their toes too... if they hadn't released the 4S, I'd probably be shopping around more than I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallendreams View Post
How is that? So your saying iPhone 4 overshadows the galaxy 2 ?? Im confused.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
The iPhone 4S does. And whenever the S2 came out, you could have said the same thing: "Don't buy it, it'll be overshadowed by the new iPhone in a few months"

My point is, your argument is worthless, because there will always be something better coming out "in a few months".
post #106 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsmasher View Post
If you're due for an upgrade right now, why do you care which device is ushering in the golden age of quad core mobile computing 7 months from now?

You just can't accept the fact that the iPhone is at the top of those graphs, can you?
I would seriously take these benchmarks with a grain of salt. As stated earlier theyre mostly browser benchmarks. Almost no one on Android uses stock browser.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k [4.7 GHz @ 1.376v] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme [950/1900/2100 1.1v] GSkill Ripjaws 8GB [2133 MHz 9-11-10-28-1T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB / 2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 Asus VN247 24" 1920x1080 Dual Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine DK-9008 Overclock.net Edition Corsair TX750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ [3.8 GHz turbo] ASUS GL753VD Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 [4GB DDR5] 16GB DDR4 2400MHz [17-17-17-39-2T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitatchi 1 TB 7200RPM DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 17.3" LED 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k [4.7 GHz @ 1.376v] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme [950/1900/2100 1.1v] GSkill Ripjaws 8GB [2133 MHz 9-11-10-28-1T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB / 2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 Asus VN247 24" 1920x1080 Dual Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine DK-9008 Overclock.net Edition Corsair TX750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ [3.8 GHz turbo] ASUS GL753VD Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 [4GB DDR5] 16GB DDR4 2400MHz [17-17-17-39-2T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitatchi 1 TB 7200RPM DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 17.3" LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
I agree. And it helps keep Apple on their toes too... if they hadn't released the 4S, I'd probably be shopping around more than I am.


The iPhone 4S does. And whenever the S2 came out, you could have said the same thing: "Don't buy it, it'll be overshadowed by the new iPhone in a few months"

My point is, your argument is worthless, because there will always be something better coming out "in a few months".
The iPhone 4S does not overshadow the SGS2.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k [4.7 GHz @ 1.376v] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme [950/1900/2100 1.1v] GSkill Ripjaws 8GB [2133 MHz 9-11-10-28-1T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB / 2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 Asus VN247 24" 1920x1080 Dual Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine DK-9008 Overclock.net Edition Corsair TX750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ [3.8 GHz turbo] ASUS GL753VD Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 [4GB DDR5] 16GB DDR4 2400MHz [17-17-17-39-2T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitatchi 1 TB 7200RPM DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 17.3" LED 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k [4.7 GHz @ 1.376v] ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.1 MSI GTX 580 Lightning Extreme [950/1900/2100 1.1v] GSkill Ripjaws 8GB [2133 MHz 9-11-10-28-1T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB / 2x Samsung F3 1TB RAID 0 Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 Asus VN247 24" 1920x1080 Dual Monitors 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine DK-9008 Overclock.net Edition Corsair TX750 CoolerMaster HAF 932 Full Tower 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-7700HQ [3.8 GHz turbo] ASUS GL753VD Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 [4GB DDR5] 16GB DDR4 2400MHz [17-17-17-39-2T] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitatchi 1 TB 7200RPM DL DVD+-RW/CD-RW Windows 10 x64 17.3" LED 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
I agree. And it helps keep Apple on their toes too... if they hadn't released the 4S, I'd probably be shopping around more than I am.


The iPhone 4S does. And whenever the S2 came out, you could have said the same thing: "Don't buy it, it'll be overshadowed by the new iPhone in a few months"

My point is, your argument is worthless, because there will always be something better coming out "in a few months".
What argument? Was asking a question lol, if you want the iPhone 4s then go with it. I don't like apple or its products. I mean they do great things. When it comes to a phone. I find it to be personal choice. My gf choose capitivate over the infuse and they where both at the same price. We all told her it was better buy but she said she rather have slower phone because the infuse was to big for her. Kinda of pissed she did that but that's her upgrade, her choice and she plays games and watchs movies when its slow at work. That's why its personal choice. This iPhone vs android can go on forever.

Also another question, I thought gingerbread wasn't optimized for dual core CPUs so we weren't seeing full potential of our hardware. Isn't that why people are waiting for ice cream to come out?


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
Haswell-E
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 5960X ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX TITAN X SLI Corsair Veneance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 400GB Samsung 850 Evo Pro 1TB EK EVO WaterBlock / EK Titan X WaterBlock / XSP... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer x34 GSYNC 100hz ASUS PG278Q 1440p 144hz Corsair Strafe  EVGA 850 WATT 
CaseMouse
Corsair 750D  Razer DeathAdder Chroma  
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 180
Can't we all just agree that both are great phones? The iPhone's strong points are in established user experience with a consistent great OS, encompassing media store and tool, customer service by the manufacturer, and great looks (subjective of course). The Android phones' strong points are a great developing OS (it has gotten much better and should continue to do so), huge OEM selection, customizability, and open source. Both are great and which one you choose is a matter of preference, like what color you want your car in.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolsmasher View Post
If you're due for an upgrade right now, why do you care which device is ushering in the golden age of quad core mobile computing 7 months from now?

You just can't accept the fact that the iPhone is at the top of those graphs, can you?


If you are indeed due for an upgrade now, then the choices will be the SGS II, 4S and Prime. But what if you're due for an upgrade in Q1 2012, when Tegra 3 and Krait are supposed to be out? Would you still opt for the 4S? I doubt it when compatitors would have had superior phones by then. Would you rather wait that long for the iPhone 5 when we're already sporting quads by then?

Again, that's an advantage of unrestricted release schedules. You know there's something better almost every month, compared to waiting for a long period for a device we won't know if it can match to the current crop of phones.
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Anandtech]iPhone 4S Preliminary Benchmarks: ~800MHz A5...