Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iphone 4S vs Samsung Galaxy S2 benchmark
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iphone 4S vs Samsung Galaxy S2 benchmark - Page 2

post #11 of 20
I'd probably get the Galaxy S2 over the iPhone 4S, but Verizon doesn't sell it. No other phone looks particularly good to me... so I pre-ordered the 4S.
post #12 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;15266776 
The education level of those that posted on that forum is beyond pathetic.

ARe you talking about the bb forum? It is known to be like that especially in misc.
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7;15266776 
The education level of those that posted on that forum is beyond pathetic.

I expect more from a bodybuilding forum.

Yes the iPhone 4s does seem to be cleaning house against the current phone lineup. Anand research is generally well done. And as people point out, the iPhone is gonna have to ride that performance for a year, while other options come out of the pipleline. Either way, it doesn't mean much for people with a platform preference.
Edited by Otterclock - 10/12/11 at 2:41pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k@4.5ghz 1.21v Gigabyte Sniper M3 Sapphire 6950 Samsung 8g1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Samsung F1 500 Crucial M4 64 (SRC) cpu:Noc NF-F12 / case:4x TY-141/gpu: 2x NB-Multi 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Venomous X, Accelero TT Win 7 64 Acer X213H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Superflower 650 plat Fractal Arc Midi G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k@4.5ghz 1.21v Gigabyte Sniper M3 Sapphire 6950 Samsung 8g1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Samsung F1 500 Crucial M4 64 (SRC) cpu:Noc NF-F12 / case:4x TY-141/gpu: 2x NB-Multi 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Venomous X, Accelero TT Win 7 64 Acer X213H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Superflower 650 plat Fractal Arc Midi G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 20
Funny that when comparing a new phone to a slightly dated Android phone isn't relevant because the phone is "old" but comparing current Android phones to an 18 month old iPhone 4 is acceptable.
The Pwntificator!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9950BE @ 3.1Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3P HD7790 4GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1) 64GB SSD (OS) 2) 320GB, 3) 2TB Memorex DVD(r) 16x Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1) Acer AL2017 20" 2) Acer AL2017 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Stock Corsair 550w XION Solaris Green/Black Wolfking Gamer 
Mouse PadAudio
Spongebob! ASUS Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Pwntificator!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9950BE @ 3.1Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3P HD7790 4GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1) 64GB SSD (OS) 2) 320GB, 3) 2TB Memorex DVD(r) 16x Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1) Acer AL2017 20" 2) Acer AL2017 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Stock Corsair 550w XION Solaris Green/Black Wolfking Gamer 
Mouse PadAudio
Spongebob! ASUS Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowclock;15266778 
Problem is the benchmarks for the GSII have already been debunked because you can get much better ROMS with overclocking as opposed to the i4S which is completely locked down from the get go.

Getting numbers from someone that owns a GSII you will find out that they win in browser benchmarks.

Can you direct me to those benches? I do NOT want to buy an iPhone 4s, but its the fastest browsing phone, i feel inclined to. I'm a hardware guy. I dont care ofg the phone runs iOS or MS-DOS, or Q BASIC! I want speed.

Does it take OCing for the GS 2 to beat the iPhone 4s? Or just optimization and a rom like Cyanogen Mod?

I'm tourn as to which one to buy, and we knoe the Nexus Prime will just be another OMAP device... nowhere near as fast as even the GS 2.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappycoreDJ;15285210 
Funny that when comparing a new phone to a slightly dated Android phone isn't relevant because the phone is "old" but comparing current Android phones to an 18 month old iPhone 4 is acceptable.

The biggest offense here is comparing when the next Gen comes out tomorrow. Its like testing phones in any real manner against the iPhone 4 two and a half weeks ago. If the next big phone was coming out in December,then it would be a different story.

It is also funny how much you like to troll.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom IIx4 955 @3.2ghz 1.285V Asus M4A79XTD EVO 6950 @ 850/1250 4x2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 1Tb + Seagate 1.5Tb Samsung super speed Windows 7 Pro(games)/Linux Mint 10 (not games) LP2065 + 2x 2007FPb in IPS Eyefinity 4800*1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave Corsair HX620 Azza Solano 1000 Logitech MX revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_man;15349731 
The biggest offense here is comparing when the next Gen comes out tomorrow. Its like testing phones in any real manner against the iPhone 4 two and a half weeks ago. If the next big phone was coming out in December,then it would be a different story.

It is also funny how much you like to troll.

Its also funny how the Galaxy Tab, running the same processor as the SGS II, only a newer OS is still faster. We're talking about Javascript and browser benchmarks here. If I run Peacekeeper in Chrome on my laptop then run it on my sig rig using Firefox does it mean my laptop is faster than my sig rig?

The Galaxy S II is fairly new, but its still running a 10 month old OS. The iPhone got a 40% Javascript speedboost in iOS 5. I don't think we'll get a fair comparison until we see Android 4.0 (which just happens to be developed by company responsible for the current fastest browser on the market)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathris;15350689 
Its also funny how the Galaxy Tab, running the same processor as the SGS II, only a newer OS is still faster. We're talking about Javascript and browser benchmarks here. If I run Peacekeeper in Chrome on my laptop then run it on my sig rig using Firefox does it mean my laptop is faster than my sig rig?

The Galaxy S II is fairly new, but its still running a 10 month old OS. The iPhone got a 40% Javascript speedboost in iOS 5. I don't think we'll get a fair comparison until we see Android 4.0 (which just happens to be developed by company responsible for the current fastest browser on the market)
Reference? I knew there was an improvement but nothing that high. There was a substantial improvement a while ago (~4.x) with the introduction of the Nitro 2 engine though, or something like that.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbom;15350797 
Reference? I knew there was an improvement but nothing that high. There was a substantial improvement a while ago (~4.x) with the introduction of the Nitro 2 engine though, or something like that.

Just going by Anand's benchmarks. The iPhone 4 on iOS 5 scores 40% higher than on 4.2 or whatever was before Nitro 2.

Its interesting to note though that to get that speed Apple had to access low-level APIs that aren't available to regular developers, so if Opera or Mozilla wanted to release real web browsers on iOS like they did on Android, they would have a big disadvantage in Javascript performance, assuming Apple wouldn't anti-competitively reject those browsers when they applied for entry to the App Store.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k ASUS Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte GTX 460 1GB Kingston Hyper-X 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 OCZ Vertex 3 WD6401AALS WD5000AAKS 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Noctua NH-D14 elementary OS Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM LG W2442PA-BF 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair HX750W Corsair Graphite 600T Logitech G700 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathris;15356179 
Just going by Anand's benchmarks. The iPhone 4 on iOS 5 scores 40% higher than on 4.2 or whatever was before Nitro 2.

Its interesting to note though that to get that speed Apple had to access low-level APIs that aren't available to regular developers, so if Opera or Mozilla wanted to release real web browsers on iOS like they did on Android, they would have a big disadvantage in Javascript performance, assuming Apple wouldn't anti-competitively reject those browsers when they applied for entry to the App Store.
Can you shoot me the link? I'd like to check it out.

Mmm, yeah I know. There's plenty of third party browsers, Opera Mini included. So, I doubt FireFox or whatnot would be rejected.
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
Kasuf
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 6600K ASRock Z170 Pro4 ASUS Radeon RX 480 ROG Strix Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3000MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
Samsung 850 EVO Noctua NH-D15 LG 34" Ultrawide (LG34UC98) Corsair HX750i 
Case
Silverstone FT05B-W 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › iphone 4S vs Samsung Galaxy S2 benchmark