Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 125

post #1241 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emospence View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepejovi View Post

Yeah just found the only retailer that still sells G400's in Finland sells them for 50 euro, while G400s goes for 62. G400s worth it?

God damn, that's expensive.

That's Finland for you.
Computah
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @4.5 Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI 770GTX Twin Frozr Gaming 2x4Gb Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x HyperX Fury 240gb Raid0 WD Red 3TB NH-D14 Windows 10 Pro 64b 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer X233H 23" BenQ G2420HDB 24" Ducky Shine 3 TKL Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 912 PLUS Logitech G400s Roccat Taito Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
Computah
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k @4.5 Asus P8Z68-V GEN3 MSI 770GTX Twin Frozr Gaming 2x4Gb Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
2x HyperX Fury 240gb Raid0 WD Red 3TB NH-D14 Windows 10 Pro 64b 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer X233H 23" BenQ G2420HDB 24" Ducky Shine 3 TKL Corsair TX 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 912 PLUS Logitech G400s Roccat Taito Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80ohm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1242 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
Hybridish between claw/palm, though i'm also using finger grip quite abit depending on what i do and what mice(i loved the MiCo)

2. What's your sensitivity?
1600ish dpi

3. What's your maximum budget?
As much as it takes..

4. Do you want additional buttons?
2 side buttons is really all i need

5. What games do you play?
CS:go, LoL/dota2, smite, gw2, APB:r, BF3

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Prefer not, but can deal with a very small amount of it.

7. Other relevant information:
Deathadder, g400 are too big so no go for me..
Kinda liked the zowie ec2 but the side buttons are really really MEH.
Razer Naga Hex had a nice size too it but i prefer the ec2 since it feels better in my hand, Hex had awesome buttons though.
I got smallish hands, 20 something CM.
I don't mind ambidextrous mices.
I prefer non braided cables but really i can live with a braided..
I Mainly move my mouse with wrist, though in some shooters i use quite low sensitivty and use my whole arm.
I love quality.

Help !
Edited by Riedeas - 8/24/13 at 12:30pm
post #1243 of 6214
Hello everybody, 1st post here so be gentle please smile.gif

Currently using Microsoft Optical Basic V2.0 , it's a small and light mouse but my fingers are very long and thin, I like it but when I get sweaty I dont feel conforable with it.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/basic-optical-mouse

1. What's your grip style? I move my mouse mostly with my fingers(fingertip grip) sometimes claw, never had the chance to try palm grip cause my mouse is to small to palm it, while my fingers are very long.

2. What's your sensitivity? I am currently using a 800 DPI mouse with prediction and lot of acceleration, so I think my native DPI will be around 1000++(w/o accelaration or prediction). Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't want to move my mouse a lot.

3. What's your maximum budget? Dont care.

4. Do you want additional buttons? I think 2 buttons on the left side of the mouse are enough.

5. What games do you play? Dota 2 mostly. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I want to start playing some FPS soon
.

6. Do you mind about prediction? I would like one of the best sensors in the market since I am willing to spend money, but I dont mind about prediction.

7. Other relevant information: I prefer ambidextrous but never tried ergonomic. I don't want mouse software to have bugs, my hands are sweaty so I would like a nice grip, I would prefer a light mouse.


After a lot of research I like these mice the most:
1-Zowie FK Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the Huano switches
2-Roccat Kone Pure Optical Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the grip.
3-CM storm Xornet Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Cheap and cool
4-CM storm Recon Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the shape and the scroll wheel
5-SteelSeries Sensei [RAW] (Black Rubbirized or Forst Blue) Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried for the build quality and the sensor.
6-SteelSeries Kana v2 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the side buttons and the build quality.
7-Roccat Savu Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the build quality and the scroll wheel.
8-Razer Abyssus Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the build quality.
9-Logitech G400-G400s Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the cable and the grip.
10-Corsair M30-M40 Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I am worried about the grip and the build quality.
11-Logitech G9X Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I think its a bit small and has a bad sensor for the price.
12-Ozone Radon Opto Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Worried about the brand the and build quality.


Sorry for the long post, I hope u are willing to help me to choose a mouse smile.gif.
Edited by DiskaD - 8/27/13 at 9:52am
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #1244 of 6214
Damn double post -.-
Edited by DiskaD - 8/27/13 at 9:54am
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #1245 of 6214
@DiskaD
Zowie FK:

the huano switches in Zowie mice are a bit differnent, but they are not so hard that you can't rapidly click them. For FPS games, I prefer them, since you can slam your mouse harder against the mousepad if you want without accidentally clicking. I doubt you would have a problem with them, unless you have weak fingers or something. You should try out a Zowie FK first, since the grip is a little narrow, and a lot of people complain about it. I like the AM, personally.

Zowie mice also have a low max tracking speed, but that shouldn't be a problem for you since you don't want to move around a lot.

Anything with a LASER sensor:

I doubt you'll have much of a problem unless you're using a low sensitivity. If you're doing maybe 10+ inches for a 360 in an FPS, you could notice it, but if you're doing less than that, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

G400:
good mouse but a really crappy scroll wheel.


As for the shape, you really need to try them out in person before making a decision. For the Zowie AM and FK, you can try out a Microsoft Wheel mouse optical to get a feel for that general shape, but keep in mind that they are both a bit thinner and smaller.
post #1246 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

@DiskaD
Zowie FK:

the huano switches in Zowie mice are a bit differnent, but they are not so hard that you can't rapidly click them. For FPS games, I prefer them, since you can slam your mouse harder against the mousepad if you want without accidentally clicking. I doubt you would have a problem with them, unless you have weak fingers or something. You should try out a Zowie FK first, since the grip is a little narrow, and a lot of people complain about it. I like the AM, personally.

Zowie mice also have a low max tracking speed, but that shouldn't be a problem for you since you don't want to move around a lot.

Anything with a LASER sensor:

I doubt you'll have much of a problem unless you're using a low sensitivity. If you're doing maybe 10+ inches for a 360 in an FPS, you could notice it, but if you're doing less than that, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

G400:
good mouse but a really crappy scroll wheel.


As for the shape, you really need to try them out in person before making a decision. For the Zowie AM and FK, you can try out a Microsoft Wheel mouse optical to get a feel for that general shape, but keep in mind that they are both a bit thinner and smaller.

Zowie FK-AM and Roccat Kone Pure Optical are not available in my country yet, it's worth waiting for the Zowie FK or AM?

All the other mice that I listed are available in my country. CM Storm Xornet costs 20euro , CM Storm Recon costs 40 euro, Sensei RAW costs 60 euro, Roccat Savu costs 50 euros.

So, should I wait for the 70 euro Zowie FK or just buy the Xornet or the Recon?

IDK, whats your opinion about the CM Storm Recon or Xornet? I think its better value for money than zowie FK.
  
Reply
  
Reply
post #1247 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiskaD View Post

Zowie FK-AM and Roccat Kone Pure Optical are not available in my country yet, it's worth waiting for the Zowie FK or AM?

All the other mice that I listed are available in my country. CM Storm Xornet costs 20euro , CM Storm Recon costs 40 euro, Sensei RAW costs 60 euro, Roccat Savu costs 50 euros.

So, should I wait for the 70 euro Zowie FK or just buy the Xornet or the Recon?

IDK, whats your opinion about the CM Storm Recon or Xornet? I think its better value for money than zowie FK.
IMO, get whatever fits your hand, as long as the sensor won't bother you. I'd use my old Intellimouse explorer if it didn't malfunction at 0.5 m/s.

Try out some in person and if you like the shape, get it, as long as the sensor is alright. the ADNS-9500 (most common LASER sensor) is alright if you don't use a low sensitivty.

if you're looking for an optical mouse, only the Savu, G400, Deathadder 3 & 3.5G, Kone pure optical, and Zowie mice are known to have sensors with no major flaws (prediction, jitter, etc.). The CM storm spawn is generally considered to be good, but a few people say that it has some jitter and/or acceleration problems.
Edited by Art Vanelay - 8/27/13 at 12:40pm
post #1248 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?

Pretty much a Palm grip.

2. What's your sensitivity?

I generally use mid to high sensitivity. 2-6inches per 360, and 2000-4000 DPI

3. What's your maximum budget?

$80 US

4. Do you want additional buttons?


I do prefer 2 side buttons but nothing more than that.

5. What games do you play?

Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, Starcraft 2, DOTA 2. Pretty much a good mix of FPS and RTS.

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I do. I would like no prediction if possible, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

7. Other relevant information:


I prefer optical mice, as the only laser mice I have used felt like they tracked weird.(was using Logitech mice if I remember right and hard mats). I need a bigger mouse for my larger hands. I have used a Deathadder for the past 4-5 years, which has literally a perfect form for my hand, and it is finally dieing. I would consider just getting a 2013, but I strongly dislike synapse 2.0, and have been scared away by what appears to be a plethora of problems and RMA's happening with these mice. Razor customer support has also always been a nightmare for me in the past, so all in all I am avoiding it. I looked into the Corsair m40, but was also scared away by a large amount having problems with their scroll wheels, as well as seeming just a tad to short. I have probably spent the last 3 weeks searching through reviews and such of mice, and haven't been able to find something I like. I wish I had a place around here that allowed me to actually test a mouse out, or at least just hold it in my hand, as that might help my choice a lot. I haven't had much of a chance to try many mice other than Logitech's and Razor's products. I really prefer a slight ergonomic approach as seen in the Deathadder, and dislike the mice that can be used as left/right. I also would like to stay away from shiny plastic that get smudges and grips poorly like the sides of my Deathadder. Any help is greatly appreciated.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Gigabyte EP45-UD3L Saphire 6850 4x2 gig G-Skill e8500@1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1 tera@7200rpm and 32mb cache ASUS DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung BX2331 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RAZER Lycosa Corsair CMPSU-650TX NZXT EVO RAZER DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Gigabyte EP45-UD3L Saphire 6850 4x2 gig G-Skill e8500@1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint 1 tera@7200rpm and 32mb cache ASUS DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate Samsung BX2331 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
RAZER Lycosa Corsair CMPSU-650TX NZXT EVO RAZER DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1249 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab00se View Post

1. What's your grip style?

Pretty much a Palm grip.

2. What's your sensitivity?

I generally use mid to high sensitivity. 2-6inches per 360, and 2000-4000 DPI

3. What's your maximum budget?

$80 US

4. Do you want additional buttons?


I do prefer 2 side buttons but nothing more than that.

5. What games do you play?

Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike, Starcraft 2, DOTA 2. Pretty much a good mix of FPS and RTS.

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I do. I would like no prediction if possible, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

7. Other relevant information:


I prefer optical mice, as the only laser mice I have used felt like they tracked weird.(was using Logitech mice if I remember right and hard mats). I need a bigger mouse for my larger hands. I have used a Deathadder for the past 4-5 years, which has literally a perfect form for my hand, and it is finally dieing. I would consider just getting a 2013, but I strongly dislike synapse 2.0, and have been scared away by what appears to be a plethora of problems and RMA's happening with these mice. Razor customer support has also always been a nightmare for me in the past, so all in all I am avoiding it. I looked into the Corsair m40, but was also scared away by a large amount having problems with their scroll wheels, as well as seeming just a tad to short. I have probably spent the last 3 weeks searching through reviews and such of mice, and haven't been able to find something I like. I wish I had a place around here that allowed me to actually test a mouse out, or at least just hold it in my hand, as that might help my choice a lot. I haven't had much of a chance to try many mice other than Logitech's and Razor's products. I really prefer a slight ergonomic approach as seen in the Deathadder, and dislike the mice that can be used as left/right. I also would like to stay away from shiny plastic that get smudges and grips poorly like the sides of my Deathadder. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The deathadder has a pretty unique shaped shell, so if you liked it, then stay with it. I'd shy away from the 2013 version due to the reported smoothing feeling of the mouse's sensor.

You could also look into the Zowie EC Evo if you liked the shape of the deathadder, but it's a little different. The general reputation of the EC Evo doesn't tend to be too great, from what I've seen.
post #1250 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
Palm/Claw hybrid
2. What's your sensitivity?
3000 dpi at mid-high sens in game (~75% up the bar)
3. What's your maximum budget?
none
4. Do you want additional buttons?
I don't really care; the extra buttons on my old G700 went pretty much unused except for the tilt scroll wheel
5. What games do you play?
A mix of everything; LoL, FPS, lots of different MMOs (mainly SWTOR)
6. Do you mind about prediction?
no prediction
7. Other relevant information:
I use a Roccat Hiro. Main reason that I want a new mouse is because my current mouse (G700) is way too heavy and the side button placement interferes with my grip. I also use a Roccat Apuri for my bungee so I don't know if this will ruin braided cords or not. Don't really care about lights, preferably matte finish.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread