Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 128

post #1271 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

Prediction is an "angle snapping" algorithm that has a threshold for drawing straight lines, so you might not want that.

Of the two you picked, I would get the DeathAdder 2013 because of its tracking being more consistent than the Kone XTD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylit View Post

More like, prediction is a coined term for angle snapping^^

Oh, I see, did not know prediction and angel snapping where the same.
Anyway, the "tracking" you speak about, isnt more towards FPS gamers?
Since I dont play any FPS games.
post #1272 of 6260
Grip Style: Relaxed Fingertip going to semi-claw
Sensitivity: 900dpi, some games requires me to switch to 1800 dpi
Needs: 3-4 Configurable buttons near thumb area.
P.S. I need blue lit mouse, black body as much as possible

Im using deathadder right now. Any suggestions for replacement? Thanks!
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
2016 Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170A Gaming Pro MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X DDR4 Hyper X Fury 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston SSD Now Seagate SSHD Hybrid Seagate HDD Antec Kuhler 620 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Cooler Master TKL Seasonic m12ii evo 850 Phanteks Enthoo Tempered 
Mouse
Logitech G402 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1273 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by ole12 View Post


Oh, I see, did not know prediction and angel snapping where the same.
Anyway, the "tracking" you speak about, isnt more towards FPS gamers?
Since I dont play any FPS games.
Do you need more than 6,400 C.P.I., or do you dislike something regarding the DeathAdder 2013? If so, you might prefer another mouse, but I do not recommend Avago 9500/9800 sensor based mice because of their inconsistent tracking...
post #1274 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4dd View Post

Prediction is an "angle snapping" algorithm that has a threshold for drawing straight lines, so you might not want that.

Of the two you picked, I would get the DeathAdder 2013 because of its tracking being more consistent than the Kone XTD.
Prediction is actually surprisingly detrimental to gameplay in FPS, considering how subtle it is. Comparing my ability to shoot between my MX518 and G400, I am able to kill a lot more easily with the G400.
post #1275 of 6260
1. What's your grip style / mouse ?

I'm comfortable with either full palm (low pace game), or hybrid palm/claw (FPS)

I currently have a G600, but this many button is very hard to use, and it's bad for FPS. Given my hand size, I can use it almost full palm, but I swtich to hybrid claw/palm when I play. I also don't like the DPI switch button, that is quite difficult to reach I think (I use the G7 button)

Before that I had a Razer Mamba

2. What's your sensitivity?
(I play on 27" on QHD)
1800, but I'm still adjusting to this smile.gif / 800 when snipe

3. What's your maximum budget?

100CHF / 95€ / $130

4. Do you want additional buttons?

I would like :
- 2 thumb buttons, easy to reach (essentially for scoping / aiming)
- DPI switch (I usually only use 2 values, so a switch is enough, I probably don't need DPI+ / DPI-

I privilege ease of accessibility of the buttons vs the number

5. What games do you play?

Mainly FPS (BF3 and soon BF4, CS, Farcry), Starcraft 2, and low need games (8Civ 5, Transport tycoon, XCom, etc...)

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I don't know

7. Other relevant information:
Based on reviews, it seems Corsair M65 would be a good choice...
I'm based in Switzerland, and my dealer of choice is digitec.ch ...so I would favour mice available there
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1276 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubijub View Post

1. What's your grip style / mouse ?

I'm comfortable with either full palm (low pace game), or hybrid palm/claw (FPS)

I currently have a G600, but this many button is very hard to use, and it's bad for FPS. Given my hand size, I can use it almost full palm, but I swtich to hybrid claw/palm when I play. I also don't like the DPI switch button, that is quite difficult to reach I think (I use the G7 button)

Before that I had a Razer Mamba

2. What's your sensitivity?
(I play on 27" on QHD)
1800, but I'm still adjusting to this smile.gif / 800 when snipe

3. What's your maximum budget?

100CHF / 95€ / $130

4. Do you want additional buttons?

I would like :
- 2 thumb buttons, easy to reach (essentially for scoping / aiming)
- DPI switch (I usually only use 2 values, so a switch is enough, I probably don't need DPI+ / DPI-

I privilege ease of accessibility of the buttons vs the number

5. What games do you play?

Mainly FPS (BF3 and soon BF4, CS, Farcry), Starcraft 2, and low need games (8Civ 5, Transport tycoon, XCom, etc...)

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I don't know

7. Other relevant information:
Based on reviews, it seems Corsair M65 would be a good choice...
I'm based in Switzerland, and my dealer of choice is digitec.ch ...so I would favour mice available there

First: Congratulations on a very good avatar, it shows good taste in actors as well as in movies. It makes me asume you are just as handsome in real life as the person in the picture, I can tell from experience with such avatars thumb.gif

Recommendations:

G400(s)
Kone Pure Optical
Sensei (I guess you wouldn't mind the accel)
Kana v2 (not availabel yet)
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1277 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

First: Congratulations on a very good avatar, it shows good taste in actors as well as in movies. It makes me asume you are just as handsome in real life as the person in the picture, I can tell from experience with such avatars thumb.gif

Recommendations:

G400(s)
Kone Pure Optical
Sensei (I guess you wouldn't mind the accel)
Kana v2 (not availabel yet)

Well, I can only say the same about yours, and therefore draw the same conclusions tongue.gif

Thanks for your list of recommandations. Two questions :
- why not the M65 ?
- why a roccat ? (I checked the mice, and this easyshift function may cause a problem : I normally use M5 for scope, which means it's pressed quite often...so I would have to disable this feature)
- G400 : while I love Logitech hardware, their drivers are very bad...
- Steelserie Sensei : it does look very good
- Steelserie Kana : I'm not sure I will like the fact btn 4 and 5 are on either side of the mouse.

The Sensei looks good...
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1278 of 6260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubijub View Post

Well, I can only say the same about yours, and therefore draw the same conclusions tongue.gif

Thanks for your list of recommandations. Two questions :
- why not the M65 ?
- why a roccat ? (I checked the mice, and this easyshift function may cause a problem : I normally use M5 for scope, which means it's pressed quite often...so I would have to disable this feature)
- G400 : while I love Logitech hardware, their drivers are very bad...
- Steelserie Sensei : it does look very good
- Steelserie Kana : I'm not sure I will like the fact btn 4 and 5 are on either side of the mouse.

The Sensei looks good...

I have no experience with M65 or any corsair mouse for that matter, so I can't recommend.

The Kone Pure Optical actually has dedicated dpi switch buttons, an you can deactivate "easy-shift".
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1279 of 6260
epicgear cyclops. It has a 400dpi sniper button located near the 2 side buttons as well.
However it only has 1 regular dpi button and no software, so you will have to cycle through all 4 dpi steps with that.
IF you can buy one of those in switzerland, definitely give it a try. And you rly shouldnt limit yourself to some stupid site. Its easy to sign up on amazon etc, and amazon has a great return policy allowing you to return almost anything within 30 days with a printable return paper for free.
Either this or give the g400 a go, preferred over the g400s which costs almost twice as much.
post #1280 of 6260
I'm French originally, and the different with Switzerland is that CH is not part of Europe (well it's part "sort of")

CH is too small to have its own Amazon, so people order either on Amazon.de, or Amazon.fr...but guess what : Amazon doesn't ship hardware to Switzerland. In fact very few EU retailers ship to CH, and if they do, you are likely to pay stupid border taxes, making the purchase abroad irrelevant frown.gif

I could still order to some website in FR and have it shipped at my mum, but I'll have to wait smile.gif
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
Jubi-PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 4770K Asus R.O.G. Maximus VI Formula MSI GTX 980 Ti Kingston HyperX Black 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro Noctua NH-U12P SE2 Noctua NF-A14 PWM Noctua NF-S12B ULN 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Dell U2713HM CoolerMaster NovaTouch TKL Corsair AX860i 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide 540 Air Cube Logitech G502 Roccat Hiro SoundBlaster ZxR 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD800 Shure PG42 XLR + Shure XLR to USB 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread