Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 138

post #1371 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Well, the G700 and G500 have the nonlinear acceleration issue.

The MMO-7 and all the RAT mice have the Z-axis bug as well as just general bad reliability. It's a different sensor than the G700 and G500, though.

Whoops my bad, I thought that MMO was with the A9500/A9800 too.

@ADHDadditiv: it's not a feature, just something they couldn't get rid of apparently. The main problem here is that it's random meaning inconsistency. As I said it's not a problem for everyone.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1372 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

Whoops my bad, I thought that MMO was with the A9500/A9800 too.
Yeah, the MMO has a PTE sensor in it, but you're still better off not recommending it regardless, considering how many people have reported unreliability.
post #1373 of 6207
I need a new mouse. For Starcraft Broodwar and general use. Want to get a 800 - 1000 DPI sensor. Most important features are a very light / soft clicking action and no sensor drama (acceleration). A basic light nonergonomic mouse will be fine if it has the above two characteristics.

Tried the Logitech RX250 - had crazy acceleration but perfect in any other way (very nice clicking action). Tried the Razer Abyssus - buttons are way to hard to "click".

Does all the cheap logitech mice like the b100 and m90 have hardware acceleration? What about MS mice?


1. What's your grip style?

Fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity?

800 - 1000 DPI

3. What's your maximum budget?

-

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Two buttons and a wheel is fine.

5. What games do you play?

Starcraft broodwar and some oldies.

6. Do you mind about prediction?

Don`t want it.

7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.
some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc

Thanks!
post #1374 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by USBPS2 View Post

I need a new mouse. For Starcraft Broodwar and general use. Want to get a 800 - 1000 DPI sensor. Most important features are a very light / soft clicking action and no sensor drama (acceleration). A basic light nonergonomic mouse will be fine if it has the above two characteristics.

Tried the Logitech RX250 - had crazy acceleration but perfect in any other way (very nice clicking action). Tried the Razer Abyssus - buttons are way to hard to "click".

Does all the cheap logitech mice like the b100 and m90 have hardware acceleration? What about MS mice?


1. What's your grip style?

Fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity?

800 - 1000 DPI

3. What's your maximum budget?

-

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Two buttons and a wheel is fine.

5. What games do you play?

Starcraft broodwar and some oldies.

6. Do you mind about prediction?

Don`t want it.

7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.
some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc

Thanks!

G100s should be what you're looking for. Same shape as Rx250 but no accel and no prediction. I use it at my office.
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Fast enough
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS Z170 Pro Palit GeForce GTX 980 Ti 16 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung SSD 750 EVO Alpenföhn Groß Clock'ner 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Windows 7 x64 BenQ XL2411 Lioncast LK20 Sharkoon Rebel9 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G Pro Zowie G-SR Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1375 of 6207
1. What's your grip style?

Fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity?

400-800dpi

3. What's your maximum budget?


$70

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Not really. Want good mouse wheel & middle mouse button; few side buttons okay, nothing more

5. What games do you play?

First Person RPGs and Shooters (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Far Cry, Mass Effect, etc.)

6. Do you mind about prediction?

Looking at optical sensors without prediction, jitter, acceleration

7. Other relevant information:

Prefer relatively low LOD
Driverless or no-fuss drivers
post #1376 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ino. View Post

G100s should be what you're looking for. Same shape as Rx250 but no accel and no prediction. I use it at my office.

The G100s seems nice, just about what I was looking for. Only thing holding back an order right now is some complaints about the clicking action. On Amazon, several reviewers complaints about the click feeling "less crispy" and "Clicking doesn't feel as good as other mice. A bit stiff and mushy."

But the "click" on the Rx250 is definetely a lot better than both my current old Microsoft mouse, and the Abyssus.

By the way how does it compare to the G100? And can someone confirm that all the basic Logitech mice like the B100 and m90 all have hardware acceleration? Because these mice have the "click" I´m looking for biggrin.gif.

Edit: By the way, can I trust that the G100s listings on ebay are genuine Logitech mice?
Edited by USBPS2 - 10/14/13 at 6:43am
post #1377 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by philologos View Post

1. What's your grip style?

Fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity?

400-800dpi

3. What's your maximum budget?


$70

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Not really. Want good mouse wheel & middle mouse button; few side buttons okay, nothing more

5. What games do you play?

First Person RPGs and Shooters (Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Far Cry, Mass Effect, etc.)

6. Do you mind about prediction?

Looking at optical sensors without prediction, jitter, acceleration

7. Other relevant information:

Prefer relatively low LOD
Driverless or no-fuss drivers

I would suggest looking at the Steelseries Kana V2 or Zowie AM/FK. smile.gif
Peripherals!
(21 items)
  
Reply
Peripherals!
(21 items)
  
Reply
post #1378 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manspider View Post

I would suggest looking at the Steelseries Kana V2 or Zowie AM/FK. smile.gif

I decided on Zowie FK. Thanks!
post #1379 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by philologos View Post

I decided on Zowie FK. Thanks!

Great choice. The switches will take a couple of days to get used to. Best mouse I've personally used since the Microsoft 1.1
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake + Pascal
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Gene Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming G. Skill Trident Z 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M.2 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG 144hz G-Sync Logitech G610 MX Red EVGA G2 750W Corsair Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
BenQ Zowie FK2 QcK+ Sennheiser HD 650 Schiit Vali 1 
Audio
Schiit Modi 1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1380 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLJS54 View Post

Great choice. The switches will take a couple of days to get used to. Best mouse I've personally used since the Microsoft 1.1

I prefer Huanos now. It's bad. This is probably how Zowie makes fanboys...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread