Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 152

post #1511 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by defury View Post

So I've narrowed it down to a Zowie FK or a Roccat Savu

1) I can buy a Savu in Canada and would have to use Ebay for the FK
2) Roccat has a 800 dpi step while I would have to get used to non native 1150 for FK
3) Roccat is a little bigger than FK, I prefer a smaller mouse
4) Roccat is 5g heavier, I use a Kana currently (72g) so both will seem heavy
5) Roccat is much cheaper

Thoughts? I am leaning towards the Savu right now but just not sure. The only real thing holding me back is it's 90g.

I think that when you change mice, you have to expect there is going to be a breaking in period where you will have to adjust to the differences. I think that because of that, you shouldn't make a difference a negative just because its different.

assuming the cost difference means very little, and assuming that you think the lighter and smaller nature of the FK will improve your performance, i would say go with it, you shouldn't be afraid of a minor change in DPI when you're changing mice. But obviously i don't know your financial situations and who knows how much if at all the extra 5g or slightly larger size of the Roccat would effect you.
post #1512 of 6214
1. What's your grip style? Palm

2. What's your sensitivity? 450dpi low

3. What's your maximum budget? ~

4. Do you want additional buttons? nope

5. What games do you play? FPS, moba

6. Do you mind about prediction? Never used a mouse with it

7. Other relevant information:

Previous mice:
- zowie ec1/2 evo even on the native setting didnt feel "right"
- deathadder 2013 actualy found smoothing tolerable but shape issue back hump mainly cant grip it aswell as zowie white gloss
- intelimouse 3.0 cant go back to it due to negative accel slightly too big for me.

Looking for right handed ergonomic mouse around deathadder size but with similar ergonomics to zowie ec series.
Edited by backie - 11/25/13 at 2:22pm
post #1513 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by backie View Post

1. What's your grip style? Palm

2. What's your sensitivity? 450dpi low

3. What's your maximum budget? ~

4. Do you want additional buttons? nope

5. What games do you play? FPS, moba

6. Do you mind about prediction? Never used a mouse with it

7. Other relevant information:

Previous mice:
- zowie ec1/2 evo even on the native setting didnt feel "right"
- deathadder 2013 actualy found smoothing tolerable but shape issue back hump mainly cant grip it aswell as zowie white gloss
- intelimouse 3.0 cant go back to it due to negative accel slightly too big for me.

Looking for right handed ergonomic mouse around deathadder size but with similar ergonomics to zowie ec series.
Try the Logitech G400. Seems to have very similar shape to zowie ec series with razer deathadder size.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1514 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteironknuckle View Post

The Zowie broke for me within six months and I don't mistreat my mice. Maybe it was a fluke, but that was enough to turn me off of it because it was too bare bones for what I paid.
My AM felt like the build quality was better than any of the other mice I have had. They are a little overpriced for what they are, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defury View Post

So I've narrowed it down to a Zowie FK or a Roccat Savu

1) I can buy a Savu in Canada and would have to use Ebay for the FK
2) Roccat has a 800 dpi step while I would have to get used to non native 1150 for FK
3) Roccat is a little bigger than FK, I prefer a smaller mouse
4) Roccat is 5g heavier, I use a Kana currently (72g) so both will seem heavy
5) Roccat is much cheaper

Thoughts? I am leaning towards the Savu right now but just not sure. The only real thing holding me back is it's 90g.

You can buy an FK in Canada.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=060979
post #1515 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

My AM felt like the build quality was better than any of the other mice I have had. They are a little overpriced for what they are, though.
You can buy an FK in Canada.
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?item_id=060979

It's in store only and I live on the other side of the country frown.gif
post #1516 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

Honestly, I have used a steelseries Sensi raw, and it was ok, but it just made me wonder why I was using a really expensive logitech with less buttons. Thats really the only other mouse ive used outside of my logitechs that I can honestly recommend. I have used a Cyborg MMO 7, but I cant recommend it because the sensor is a piece of garbage.

Are any of the Roccat or any other brand products worth looking at in the $50 or below range that you've heard good things about?
post #1517 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failuyr View Post

Are any of the Roccat or any other brand products worth looking at in the $50 or below range that you've heard good things about?
For the shape your looking for, not really. Realistically, you can find G400/s on sale for under $50. If you can't, hard to say what I would go for with what your looking for. The G100s would work, but doesnt have those side buttons that are more then handy. I mean there are things above that price range like the Steelseries Sensi RAW, but I prefered the G400 over it.
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1518 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDadditiv View Post

For the shape your looking for, not really. Realistically, you can find G400/s on sale for under $50. If you can't, hard to say what I would go for with what your looking for. The G100s would work, but doesnt have those side buttons that are more then handy. I mean there are things above that price range like the Steelseries Sensi RAW, but I prefered the G400 over it.

I was looking at the Roccat lineup and the Kova[+] Max Performance seemed like it could have fit.
The Deathadder 2013 is currently going for $52 on amazon too.
post #1519 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by backie View Post

1. What's your grip style? Palm

2. What's your sensitivity? 450dpi low

3. What's your maximum budget? ~

4. Do you want additional buttons? nope

5. What games do you play? FPS, moba

6. Do you mind about prediction? Never used a mouse with it

7. Other relevant information:

Previous mice:
- zowie ec1/2 evo even on the native setting didnt feel "right"
- deathadder 2013 actualy found smoothing tolerable but shape issue back hump mainly cant grip it aswell as zowie white gloss
- intelimouse 3.0 cant go back to it due to negative accel slightly too big for me.

Looking for right handed ergonomic mouse around deathadder size but with similar ergonomics to zowie ec series.

Maybe SS Rival if you like IE 3.0. The most similar shape to 3.0 I've tried of all mice I've owned, had ~20+ mice.
post #1520 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by daav1d View Post

Maybe SS Rival if you like IE 3.0. The most similar shape to 3.0 I've tried of all mice I've owned, had ~20+ mice.

Whats the coating like on the rival? for example i cant grip the black zowie's they are way too slippery since i have really dry hands.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread