Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 154

post #1531 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failuyr View Post

How do people like the more inexpensive side of the Coolermaster lineup (Xornet, Spawn, Recon)?

Spawn is a very good mouse if you can get used to the shape.
post #1532 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
In between claw and finger

2. What's your sensitivity?
5 or 6 in Control Panel

3. What's your maximum budget?
$50 or so, but I can go over a bit

4. Do you want additional buttons?
2 or 4 thumb buttons on the side

5. What games do you play?
Shooters mostly, some strategy

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Sounds like something I don't want

7. Other relevant information:
Must be wired


Very broad needs, right? I like my Logitech M510, but wireless mice don't work too well for shooters I have found. I want something fairly basic, but with a great sensor and sharp, clicky buttons (short travel distance I guess? Not sure how to describe that) and additional side buttons.
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1533 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

1. What's your grip style?
In between claw and finger

2. What's your sensitivity?
5 or 6 in Control Panel

3. What's your maximum budget?
$50 or so, but I can go over a bit

4. Do you want additional buttons?
2 or 4 thumb buttons on the side

5. What games do you play?
Shooters mostly, some strategy

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Sounds like something I don't want

7. Other relevant information:
Must be wired


Very broad needs, right? I like my Logitech M510, but wireless mice don't work too well for shooters I have found. I want something fairly basic, but with a great sensor and sharp, clicky buttons (short travel distance I guess? Not sure how to describe that) and additional side buttons.

i think deathadder would be good, for shoots and for your grip style the 2013 edition has nice side buttons and omron switches
post #1534 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by defury View Post


Spawn is a very good mouse if you can get used to the shape.

Do you think someone with relatively small hands would be able to palm it?
post #1535 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutch View Post

i think deathadder would be good, for shoots and for your grip style the 2013 edition has nice side buttons and omron switches

I've heard both good and bad things about it. The good is basically what you have said, but I've seen many reviews online (Amazon, Newegg, comments here) where people have gone through one or more within a year. How durable is it if you have one, and are the buttons spongy at all? They look to be.
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
Triumvirate
(20 items)
 
Osmium
(8 items)
 
For Sale: [FS] Z97 system: Xeon and RAM
$160 (USD) or best offer
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7-5775C ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 Sapphire RX 480 (reference) MSI Low-Profile 750Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator Platinum - 2x8GB Crucial M500 - 960GB Samsung 840 - 250GB WD Scorpio Blue - 1TB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
ADATA SP900 - 64GB Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B PNY Quadro 600 blower Windows 10 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
ASUS VE247H - 1080p Gateway FPD1960 - 1280x1024 Samsung S20D300 - 900p, portrait Rosewill RK9000I - Cherry MX Blue 
PowerCaseMouseOther
Rosewill HIVE 650W Riotoro CR1080 SteelSeries Rival 100 CyberPower 1500PFCLCD 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD A10-7870K ASRock FM2A88X-ITX+ G.Skill Ripjaws X - 2x4GB @ 2400MT/s Samsung 840 120GB 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Evercool EC-HPS-810CP Windows 7 Pro 64-bit PicoPSU-120-WI-25 Mini-Box M350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1536 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

I've heard both good and bad things about it. The good is basically what you have said, but I've seen many reviews online (Amazon, Newegg, comments here) where people have gone through one or more within a year. How durable is it if you have one, and are the buttons spongy at all? They look to be.

i dont have one, but i think the 2013 is quite durable, it only has a little bit of smoothing most people dont notice it, the side buttons are tactile
post #1537 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Failuyr View Post

Do you think someone with relatively small hands would be able to palm it?

I have small hands and I can't comfortably palm it, so I don't think so. It's more of a fingertip/claw.
post #1538 of 6214
Hey guys I'm looking to purchase my first high quality mouse this cyber weekend and need your help! Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject beforehand.

1. I have a very lazy palm grip if you know what I mean. My hand touches the mousepad as I move it. On second thought I think I might have more of a fingertip grip as there are only five points of pressure on the mouse, sorry.

2. I don't really know the dpis and what they correlate too but I like mice with average sensitivity

3. I want a pretty average sized mouse, not to big or too small.

4. I want a small number of additional buttons to use items in certain moba style games.

5. The game I play by far the most is League of Legends and it is very important to me to have a mouse that is good for the game.

6. I also would like a new mousepad. I have no preferences for this besides that I have about 8-9 inches of length to work with on my desk so it can't be very big. Also budget is not really an issue.

Thanks in advance for the help and hope to get some good answers!

TC
Edited by Tdogclint - 11/28/13 at 4:54pm
post #1539 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdogclint View Post

Hey guys I'm looking to purchase my first high quality mouse this cyber weekend and need your help! Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the subject beforehand.

1. I have a very lazy palm grip if you know what I mean. My hand touches the mousepad as I move it.

2. I don't really know the dpis and what they correlate too but I like mice with average sensitivity

3. I want a pretty average sized mouse, not to big or too small.

4. I want a small number of additional buttons to use items in certain moba style games.

5. The game I play by far the most is League of Legends and it is very important to me to have a mouse that is good for the game.

6. I also would like a new mousepad. I have no preferences for this besides that I have about 8-9 inches of length to work with on my desk so it can't be very big.

Thanks in advance for the help and hope to get some good answers!

TC
zowie fk or steelseries sensei raw (you can let your hand slip off the mice and rest on the table as you said both are ambidextrous) and steelseries qck+
post #1540 of 6214
Does the Steelseries version of the Intellimouse 3.0 use the same sensor as the Microsoft one?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mod-Black-Microsoft-Intellimouse-Explorer-IE3-0-Gaming-Mouse-Steelseries-/140898981531?pt=Mice&hash=item20ce3bd69b

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Microsoft-Intellimouse-Explorer-IE-3-0-USB-Gaming-Mouse-Steelseries-Black-/111055814476?pt=Mice&hash=item19db713f4c
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread