Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 162

post #1611 of 6207
if you turn the mouse upside down it will likely says like, naga 3.5g or 4g or 3.0 g and give the max dpi as well
post #1612 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overhaze View Post

Here is a picture of my fingertip grip with my Sensai. As you can see my thumb ring and little finger are all perfectly placed on their respective buttons but I can't get at that fourth button without shifting my grip. Any suggestions for a replacement?


I've narrowed my choices down to the Steel Series Rivel, Roccat Pure Optical and The 2013 Deathadder. Any info on if the Pures optical sensor is zero acceleration? If all else fails you can't go wrong with a Deathadder right?
post #1613 of 6207
People playing Mmo's should really look at Logitech G13 or Razer Tartarus for their movement (wasd on thumbstick) and hotbar use (with modifiers 3 hotbars of 12). Then you have everything you need for that and can combine it with a decent mouse.
post #1614 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menthalion View Post

People playing Mmo's should really look at Logitech G13 or Razer Tartarus for their movement (wasd on thumbstick) and hotbar use (with modifiers 3 hotbars of 12). Then you have everything you need for that and can combine it with a decent mouse.
I couldn't disagree more. I play MMO's quite often and that thing is hard as hell to use. There are actually less buttons within reach (not having to move hand) on either of those then there is on your keyboard. Basically I say, learn where your keys are on the keyboard and get a decent mouse and your good. thumb.gif
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Jarvis V1.9
(21 items)
 
Mazdaspeed6
(18 items)
 
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1615 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by name View Post

I couldn't disagree more. I play MMO's quite often and that thing is hard as hell to use. There are actually less buttons within reach (not having to move hand) on either of those then there is on your keyboard. Basically I say, learn where your keys are on the keyboard and get a decent mouse and your good. thumb.gif

I don't want to derail what is essentially a mouse thread, but with movement bound to thumbstick you have a 3 row 4 column block of hotkeys. Rest 3 fingers on middle row and use pink on left column for 3 modifier keys and you have 4 hotbars with only needing to shift a finger at most one key.

You never even have to give up movement to use powers.

For me it's been a bigger boon to gameplay than getting a decent mouse. And I use it pretty much for all types of games now, not only MMO's. Especially ones with more complex key setups.

Granted, the G13 might not be suitable for smallish hands when used this way, but the Tartarus pretty much is.

I have never understood the abomination of 12 thumb keys on a mouse if you could use something like this.

However, I'm mighty curious for a mouse with a thumbstick that could be bound to wasd, so you have all movement on the mouse hand, and have the other hand freed for a full kb.

I wonder if a brain could coordinate that wink.gif
Edited by Menthalion - 12/10/13 at 11:42am
post #1616 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

if you turn the mouse upside down it will likely says like, naga 3.5g or 4g or 3.0 g and give the max dpi as well

Sorry, just got home. No DPI or 3.5G etc. that I can see, just serial number, model number, etc.

This is the model if it'll help:

Also, model # is RC30-005101 and it has 2011 on it, but I'm not sure that's the model year.
The Prodigy
(10 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX SAMSUNG Miracle RAM Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
MacBook Slot-Load Slim Drive Prolimatech Super Mega Shadow Microsoft Sidewinder x4 eaSonic X series SS-400FL 
CaseMouse
Bitfenix Prodigy Microsoft Wireless Touch 
  hide details  
Reply
The Prodigy
(10 items)
 
  
MotherboardGraphicsRAMHard Drive
ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 760 SC ACX SAMSUNG Miracle RAM Samsung Spinpoint F4 
Optical DriveCoolingKeyboardPower
MacBook Slot-Load Slim Drive Prolimatech Super Mega Shadow Microsoft Sidewinder x4 eaSonic X series SS-400FL 
CaseMouse
Bitfenix Prodigy Microsoft Wireless Touch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1617 of 6207
Hello OCN,

I'm looking for a new mouse to use with and eventually replace my Logitech G9x.

1. What's your grip style?
Palm

2. What's your sensitivity?
I use the DPI turned all the way up on the G9x, I think it's 5700?

3. What's your maximum budget?
~80$ USD

4. Do you want additional buttons?
Yes, a must have.

5. What games do you play?
Right now Mechwarrior Online, Payday 2, Crusader Kings II. Generally tend more towards FPS, but also play some RTS and MMO.

6. Do you mind about prediction?
I have never noticed the prediction of the G9x.

7. Other relevant information:
Fine with heavier mice. Not a fan of glossy surfaces on mice. Would like a shape like the G9x, no wireless, no crazy software like synapse (no Razer in general). I like higher DPI's, even in FPS, and it comes in useful on my 27in 2560 x 1440 monitor, the G9x takes too long to go side to side. The mouse will probably be used on a cloth surface, unless someone can convince me hard surfaces are significantly better.
I love the G9x to death, but to extend its life I'm looking for something similar. The scroll wheel on the G9x is truly one of my favorite features but I can learn to live without it. As for why not get another Logitech; the G500's side buttons look too uncomfortable, the G600 has wireless and no fast scroll wheel, and the G700 is wireless; Logitech's current stuff is so close, but yet so far. Currently looking at the Corsair M95-the favorite so far due to its number of buttons, Zowie FK/AM-something new and different to me, not sure how effectively I would use the buttons on the pinkie finger side though, Thermaltake Volos-wildcard, has a good number of buttons but ugly as can be, Mionix Avior 8200-same deal as the Zowie. This is just from a bit a researching, I definitely do not know much about the current state of mice. Help me find a replacement for an old friend wink.gif

Thank you for your time
Edited by suitaroh - 12/11/13 at 12:10am
WNB 2
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 670 FTW G.skill Ares 1866  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 Windows 10 QNIX 27" Logitech Wave 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X750 Bitfenix Prodigy  Mionix Naos 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
WNB 2
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77E-ITX EVGA GTX 670 FTW G.skill Ares 1866  
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4 Windows 10 QNIX 27" Logitech Wave 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X750 Bitfenix Prodigy  Mionix Naos 7000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1618 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by suitaroh View Post

Hello OCN,

I'm looking for a new mouse to use with and eventually replace my Logitech G9x.

1. What's your grip style?
Palm

2. What's your sensitivity?
I use the DPI turned all the way up on the G9x, I think it's 5700?

3. What's your maximum budget?
~80$ USD

4. Do you want additional buttons?
Yes, a must have.

5. What games do you play?
Right now Mechwarrior Online, Payday 2, Crusader Kings II. Generally tend more towards FPS, but also play some RTS and MMO.

6. Do you mind about prediction?
I have never noticed the prediction of the G9x.

7. Other relevant information:
Fine with heavier mice. Not a fan of glossy surfaces on mice. Would like a shape like the G9x, no wireless, no crazy software like synapse (no Razer in general). I like higher DPI's, even in FPS, and it comes in useful on my 27in 2560 x 1440 monitor, the G9x takes too long to go side to side. The mouse will probably be used on a cloth surface, unless someone can convince me hard surfaces are significantly better.
I love the G9x to death, but to extend its life I'm looking for something similar. The scroll wheel on the G9x is truly one of my favorite features but I can learn to live without it. As for why not get another Logitech; the G500's side buttons look too uncomfortable, the G600 has wireless and no fast scroll wheel, and the G700 is wireless; Logitech's current stuff is so close, but yet so far. Currently looking at the Corsair M95-the favorite so far due to its number of buttons, Zowie FK/AM-something new and different to me, not sure how effectively I would use the buttons on the pinkie finger side though, Thermaltake Volos-wildcard, has a good number of buttons but ugly as can be, Mionix Avior 8200-same deal as the Zowie. This is just from a bit a researching, I definitely do not know much about the current state of mice. Help me find a replacement for an old friend wink.gif

Thank you for your time

Do you need more than 5700 DPI??!? Sensei have an acceptable laser sensor even on cloth, only flaw is the acceleration but with your sensitivity I don't think you would notice it. And you use laser now so it should not be a problem. I believe the standard Sensei goes up to around 11000 DPI, RAW version goes up to 5670. Zowies mice only goes up to 2300 DPI.
post #1619 of 6207
looks like the g9x is actually just 5,000 dpi.

zowie mice all have a max dpi of 2300 except one which has a max of just 1600, which i imagine is a bit low for you.

If you go the optical route, the highest dpi you could get would be from mionix with the naos or avior 7,000. which has 7,000 dpi. exact same sensor, just different ergonomics where you can chose which looks more comfortable to you.

optical mice typically track better on soft pads and laser mice tend to track better on hard pads. optical mice also tend to require you to lift your mouse off the pad at a lower distance to stop tracking so you have to move it less if you're re-positioning the mouse on the pad. Optical mice have no build in acceleration, which is generally desirable.

If you want more dpi, there are plenty of 8,200 dpi laser mice out there, i would recommend not to get any with 2 sensors. I think the single sensor version with 8,200 dpi all use Avago 9800 sensor, so really its going to be about build quality and what looks comfortable for you. Mionix naos or avior 8,200, would be two choices. Corsair has a few as well. CM storm ha a few as well. You already mentioned logitech... Mionix, Corsair, CM Storm, and Logitech all have above average build quality in the industry and would be good choices if you go this route.
post #1620 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atavax View Post

looks like the g9x is actually just 5,000 dpi.

zowie mice all have a max dpi of 2300 except one which has a max of just 1600, which i imagine is a bit low for you.

If you go the optical route, the highest dpi you could get would be from mionix with the naos or avior 7,000. which has 7,000 dpi. exact same sensor, just different ergonomics where you can chose which looks more comfortable to you.

optical mice typically track better on soft pads and laser mice tend to track better on hard pads. optical mice also tend to require you to lift your mouse off the pad at a lower distance to stop tracking so you have to move it less if you're re-positioning the mouse on the pad. Optical mice have no build in acceleration, which is generally desirable.

If you want more dpi, there are plenty of 8,200 dpi laser mice out there, i would recommend not to get any with 2 sensors. I think the single sensor version with 8,200 dpi all use Avago 9800 sensor, so really its going to be about build quality and what looks comfortable for you. Mionix naos or avior 8,200, would be two choices. Corsair has a few as well. CM storm ha a few as well. You already mentioned logitech... Mionix, Corsair, CM Storm, and Logitech all have above average build quality in the industry and would be good choices if you go this route.

I know at least Sensei MLG uses Avago 9800 and that mouse suffers from huge input lag. Not a problem with the Standard Sensei or RAW which uses Avago 9500. I don't know how other mice with Avago 9800 works.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread