Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 201

post #2001 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

There isn't a better claw optical mouse that I know of than the Avior right now. Just send back the Avior and get another one. Amazon will give you a free return label if you tell them it was defective. Mine is perfect and shows no sign of stopping, you just got a dud. All products today do that from time to time. Don't lose hope unless it happens time and time again...like Razer.

Welp, I figured I'd give it a try. I'm getting a replacement tomorrow, courtesy of amazon customer service. We'll see how it fares.
post #2002 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post

Hi Im looking for a good gaming mouse.

1. What's your grip style? Claw/finger...but my fingers are much flatter than most claw grip pictures I see.

2. What's your sensitivity? Not sure really this would be the first mouse with adjustable sensitivity...though I tend to use very high sensitivity in games for fast movements.

3. What's your maximum budget? no more than 70 dollars id say.....

4. Do you want additional buttons? yes at least 2 but 4 would be idea.

5. What games do you play? BF4 mostly

6. Do you mind about prediction? no prediction

7. Other relevant information: Optical only, no acceleration would like something with the buttons lower on the side as my thumb sits low when I hold the mouse. I use a non wasd keyboard configuration and one of the buttons will be for aiming so I need it in a place where I don't have the change my grip to use it.

I was looking at the deathadder but I don't know if the back is too high for my grip style or not and it only has 2 extra buttons. Though I can live with that more would be nice. Plus Ive heard that the build quality isnt the greatest with them. It is supposed to have the best sensor performance from what Ive read though so its still a strong consideration. Performance is the primary concern here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

There isn't a better claw optical mouse that I know of than the Avior right now. Just send back the Avior and get another one. Amazon will give you a free return label if you tell them it was defective. Mine is perfect and shows no sign of stopping, you just got a dud. All products today do that from time to time. Don't lose hope unless it happens time and time again...like Razer.

I think I got lost in the shuffle a bit but I think you may have answered my question too with this.

So for Claw/finger the Avior would be better than the Deathadder? How about the build quality, sensor and the like? IT has the extra buttons, but Im not sure theyre in a good spot for what I need them for though and its a little out of my budget but I can stretch it a little.
Edited by loki993 - 3/19/14 at 7:10am
post #2003 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post


I think I got lost in the shuffle a bit but I think you may have answered my question too with this.

So for Claw/finger the Avior would be better than the Deathadder? How about the build quality, sensor and the like? IT has the extra buttons, but Im not sure theyre in a good spot for what I need them for though and its a little out of my budget but I can stretch it a little.

Look at my review in my thread about the mouse. I am a fingertip grip and the Avior is my primary mouse, replacing everything I had before.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2004 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal571 View Post

Look at my review in my thread about the mouse. I am a fingertip grip and the Avior is my primary mouse, replacing everything I had before.

It looks pretty much like exactly what Im looking for aside from the price so for me its probably worth it to spend up on it. I may like the side buttons to be a bit bigger or lower on the side but there far enough back and it looks low profile enough that I shouldnt have to adjust much if at all to get to them fast. I think Ill give it a try. Now to try and hunt down a deal on one.
post #2005 of 6207
1. What's your grip style?
Finger Tip/Claw

2. What's your sensitivity?
900-3500

3. What's your maximum budget?
$70

4. Do you want additional buttons?
No Matter

5. What games do you play?

Titanfall/BF4 other FPS

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Meh MEH

7. Other relevant information:
Using Abyssus non Mirror 3.5G and the pads or feet scrape on my new Goliathus Control (upgraded from Goliathus Speed)

Looking at Zowie FK ($61), Roccat Pure Optical ($60), CM Recon (24$) OR OTHER

I have small hands

No Acceleration preferably and ONLY Optical
Edited by nged72 - 3/19/14 at 7:00pm
post #2006 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nged72 View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Finger Tip/Claw

2. What's your sensitivity?
900-3500

3. What's your maximum budget?
$70

4. Do you want additional buttons?
No Matter

5. What games do you play?

Titanfall/BF4 other FPS

6. Do you mind about prediction?
Meh MEH

7. Other relevant information:
Using Abyssus non Mirror 3.5G and the pads or feet scrape on my new Goliathus Control (upgraded from Goliathus Speed)

Looking at Zowie FK ($61), Roccat Pure Optical ($60), CM Recon (24$) OR OTHER

I have small hands

No Acceleration preferably and ONLY Optical

Abyssus is 115mm. The other mice mentioned are 120ish I think. What about a Steelseries Kinzu v2 Pro? That is similar in size to the abyssus and has three large skates. A lot of people love the kinzu shell shape and have even gone to the effort to mod it with a deathadder sensor haha kinzuadder! Not that there's anything wrong with the sensor that's in it.
post #2007 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigziglar View Post

Abyssus is 115mm. The other mice mentioned are 120ish I think. What about a Steelseries Kinzu v2 Pro? That is similar in size to the abyssus and has three large skates. A lot of people love the kinzu shell shape and have even gone to the effort to mod it with a deathadder sensor haha kinzuadder! Not that there's anything wrong with the sensor that's in it.

I'll have to check it out.

So mad I just got my new mousepad and the feet/pads are scraping on my Abyssus -.-

I guess it's my fault I screwed with them thoug a while back
post #2008 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by nged72 View Post

I'll have to check it out.

So mad I just got my new mousepad and the feet/pads are scraping on my Abyssus -.-

I guess it's my fault I screwed with them thoug a while back

Bugger. It's funny how you can pay just as much for a mouse pad as a mouse these days!

I've been using a Kinzu at work for 40+ hours a week for months and months on a lightly textured desk surface (which it tracks fine one) and the feet are barely worn at all and still gliding smoothly. I'm not in any way affiliated. I just reckon it's a great no-nonsense mouse, much like the Abyssus is! Ambidextrous, small but comfortable shape, 2 buttons, a scroll wheel and a DPI toggle button. I like the Abyssus too, but I've just never gotten used to the button shape that Razer uses on a lot of its mice.
post #2009 of 6207
1. What's your grip style?

I'm mostly claw grip. I've used a Logitech MX Laser 832 for 5 years so I've gotten used to the wireless feel. I had a Deathadder before with I really loved but it ended up breaking.

2. What's your sensitivity?

I've used my Logitech for a while so idk what DPI it is. The DPI on Logitech and Deathadder have been good to me. I like fast and precise movement.

3. What's your maximum budget?

$100+, I just want an amazing mouse so I'm willing to pay a premium

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Preferably a mouse with at least 2 side buttons

5. What games do you play?

I just mostly play Dota 2 and League of Legends. If I'm not on those them I am playing anything like Action RPGs and first person shooters, but I love MOBA games!

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I never liked prediction

7. Other relevant information

Anything wireless is a big plus, but it has to have a good functioning wireless or I'll just stick to wired.
I have to retire my logitech mouse since the lag on it has just been horrible now so it's affecting my gameplay, I loved this mouse but I am looking for something new. I still had a very good time with the Deathadder but I'm looking for maybe more of an improvement on that as well.
MY hand is big enough where it fits my logitech mouse completely to even have a claw grip.
post #2010 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froshty View Post

1. What's your grip style?

I'm mostly claw grip. I've used a Logitech MX Laser 832 for 5 years so I've gotten used to the wireless feel. I had a Deathadder before with I really loved but it ended up breaking.

2. What's your sensitivity?

I've used my Logitech for a while so idk what DPI it is. The DPI on Logitech and Deathadder have been good to me. I like fast and precise movement.

3. What's your maximum budget?

$100+, I just want an amazing mouse so I'm willing to pay a premium

4. Do you want additional buttons?

Preferably a mouse with at least 2 side buttons

5. What games do you play?

I just mostly play Dota 2 and League of Legends. If I'm not on those them I am playing anything like Action RPGs and first person shooters, but I love MOBA games!

6. Do you mind about prediction?

I never liked prediction

7. Other relevant information

Anything wireless is a big plus, but it has to have a good functioning wireless or I'll just stick to wired.
I have to retire my logitech mouse since the lag on it has just been horrible now so it's affecting my gameplay, I loved this mouse but I am looking for something new. I still had a very good time with the Deathadder but I'm looking for maybe more of an improvement on that as well.
MY hand is big enough where it fits my logitech mouse completely to even have a claw grip.

Super high quality all-purpose claw mouse: Mionix Avior 7000. The general rule is that all wireless mice are just bad for gaming.
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
L1m1t
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5 GHz ASUS P8Z68-V LX ASUS DirectCU II GTX 770 OC Patriot G2 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Caviar Black Kingston SSDNow Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 8.1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG248QE SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red Corsair TX650 NZXT Source 210 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie FK1 Puretrak Talent ASUS Xonar DG Sennheiser PC350 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Fatal1ty HS-800 Shure SRH440 Audio Technica ATH-M40x AKG K701 
AudioAudio
beyerdynamic DT770 AKG K550 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread