Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 26

post #251 of 6214
1. What's your grip style? Palm mostly, sometimes fingertip I think.

2. What's your sensitivity? I use an old G5 right now. I'm on the highest DPI setting you can get just from the default buttons I think. I just changed from 1600x900 to 1080p so the middle setting won't cut it anymore. This max setting is a little too fast for my liking though. Will probably get used to it in time.

3. What's your maximum budget? $60 or so

4. Do you want additional buttons? Yes please. At least two on the side like the G5 would be nice.

5. What games do you play? Diablo 3, going to purchase Metro 2033 soon and try that one out. Generally I like to play role-playing games and RTS/turn based strategy games.

6. Do you mind about prediction? I don't know what this is really.

7. Other relevant information: I've been looking kind of heavily at the Sentinel Advance 2 right now. It looks really good, but I'm not sure about the metal area at the back of the mouse. It looks like it has some paint, and I've had some friends' mice have similar kinds of paint chip and fade away after extended use, and it starts to look nasty. I'd like a mouse that doesn't do that, if at all possible.

Also, could someone recommend a decent mouse pad? I'm tired of my old, thin little Newegg pad that I got at some ad fair at my university.
Edited by Onyx Spartan II - 6/26/12 at 2:24pm
post #252 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Spartan II View Post

1. What's your grip style? Palm mostly, sometimes fingertip I think.
2. What's your sensitivity? I use an old G5 right now. I'm on the highest DPI setting you can get just from the default buttons I think. I just changed from 1600x900 to 1080p so the middle setting won't cut it anymore. This max setting is a little too fast for my liking though. Will probably get used to it in time.
3. What's your maximum budget? $60 or so
4. Do you want additional buttons? Yes please. At least two would be nice.
5. What games do you play? Diablo 3, going to purchase Metro 2033 soon and try that one out. Generally I like to play role-playing games and RTS/turn based strategy games.
6. Do you mind about prediction? I don't know what this is really.
7. Other relevant information: I've been looking kind of heavily at the Sentinel Advance 2 right now. It looks really good, but I'm not sure about the metal area at the back of the mouse. It looks like it has some paint, and I've had some friends' mice have similar kinds of paint chip and fade away after extended use, and it starts to look nasty. I'd like a mouse that doesn't do that, if at all possible.
Also, could someone recommend a decent mouse pad? I'm tired of my old, thin little Newegg pad that I got at some ad fair at my university.

First of all onyx higher dpi settings wont make you more precise. Just the cursor will move more pixels on youre screen per inch when you move the mouse. I dont know what DPI the middle setting is but I think it is 800.
Youre now using the Xai wich has a avago 9500 sensor this sensor has how we call it positive or negative acceleration.
Here is a youtube movie on what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJKGplBHmA
So for gamers muscle memory is key, with acceleration youre mouse cursor will be slight of target after moving the same amount of distance back. It could be more positive movement on youre screen or more negative.

I would say if youre dpi is 800 pick a logitech g400 wich has a sensor with native setting of 800dpi.
You could also go for the zowie am or the razer deathadder (black edition).
The Zowie has more the same shape as youre Xai so if you like that could be a good mouse for you.

For the mouse pad, I would say get yourself a qck+ from steelseries.
If you have more money to spend you could also buy a puretrak talent or even a artisan.
post #253 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltel1te View Post

First of all onyx higher dpi settings wont make you more precise. Just the cursor will move more pixels on youre screen per inch when you move the mouse. I dont know what DPI the middle setting is but I think it is 800.
Youre now using the Xai wich has a avago 9500 sensor this sensor has how we call it positive or negative acceleration.
Here is a youtube movie on what it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjJKGplBHmA
So for gamers muscle memory is key, with acceleration youre mouse cursor will be slight of target after moving the same amount of distance back. It could be more positive movement on youre screen or more negative.
I would say if youre dpi is 800 pick a logitech g400 wich has a sensor with native setting of 800dpi.
You could also go for the zowie am or the razer deathadder (black edition).
The Zowie has more the same shape as youre Xai so if you like that could be a good mouse for you.
For the mouse pad, I would say get yourself a qck+ from steelseries.
If you have more money to spend you could also buy a puretrak talent or even a artisan.

Err... I'm using a Logitech G5, not a Xai? Or is that a category of mouse, rather than a model? (I'm afraid I'm rather new to the world of peripherals) I'm not looking to be more precise with my mouse; the middle setting on my G5 just moves my cursor more slowly than it did on my 1600x900 screen, so now I'm using the highest setting whatever it may be. According to Wikipedia, the default DPI for the highest setting is 2000, so I guess I'm using that now. 800 isn't enough now.

What is the difference between the regular Razer Deathadder and the Black Edition one? I like the Zowie AM most at the moment, but could anyone who's used it give an opinion on how awkward it is to use the buttons on the right side of the mouse with your pinky or ring finger? Reading reviews it seems to be mostly a claw or fingertip grip mouse, and I use a palm grip mostly, but I'll experiment now with trying to use a fingertip grip most of the time now.

edit: I also have somewhat large hands, and I see that the Zowie is on the small side for large hands. If it helps as a sense of scale, I can cover my G5 entirely.

Also, thank you for the Qck+. That looks to be exactly what I want.
Edited by Onyx Spartan II - 6/26/12 at 9:26pm
post #254 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
Palm!

2. What's your sensitivity?
Low-Medium Sensitivity, I use the medium DPI setting on my Logitech G5, which would be 800DPI. 800-1200DPI would be perfect.

3. What's your maximum budget?
$60

4. Do you want additional buttons?
Yes, 1 or 2 buttons for my left thumb.

5. What games do you play?
MOBA (League of Legends, DOTA 2), RTS (Starcraft II), MMORPG (Guild Wars II)

6. Do you mind about prediction?
I would prefer not to have it.

7. Other relevant information:
I've been using this old Logitech G5 for over 4 years now, so I guess it could use a replacement. I would really prefer optical!
I was looking at the Mionix Naos 3200... seems like a good bet! Any other suggestions? Deathadder? I don't like the G400!
post #255 of 6214
I just ordered a Razer Imperator 2012 Edition from Amazon and it costed me 70$ without the added shipping that I chose to put on. Does anybody have any experience with them, and if so any good feedback?
post #256 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMfanatic View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Palm!
2. What's your sensitivity?
Low-Medium Sensitivity, I use the medium DPI setting on my Logitech G5, which would be 800DPI. 800-1200DPI would be perfect.
3. What's your maximum budget?
$60
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Yes, 1 or 2 buttons for my left thumb.
5. What games do you play?
MOBA (League of Legends, DOTA 2), RTS (Starcraft II), MMORPG (Guild Wars II)
6. Do you mind about prediction?
I would prefer not to have it.
7. Other relevant information:
I've been using this old Logitech G5 for over 4 years now, so I guess it could use a replacement. I would really prefer optical!
I was looking at the Mionix Naos 3200... seems like a good bet! Any other suggestions? Deathadder? I don't like the G400!

mabay other mice mentioning are

Tt eSports Saphira, Zowie AM, Qpad5k, a4 tech
post #257 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx Spartan II View Post

Err... I'm using a Logitech G5, not a Xai? Or is that a category of mouse, rather than a model? (I'm afraid I'm rather new to the world of peripherals) I'm not looking to be more precise with my mouse; the middle setting on my G5 just moves my cursor more slowly than it did on my 1600x900 screen, so now I'm using the highest setting whatever it may be. According to Wikipedia, the default DPI for the highest setting is 2000, so I guess I'm using that now. 800 isn't enough now.
What is the difference between the regular Razer Deathadder and the Black Edition one? I like the Zowie AM most at the moment, but could anyone who's used it give an opinion on how awkward it is to use the buttons on the right side of the mouse with your pinky or ring finger? Reading reviews it seems to be mostly a claw or fingertip grip mouse, and I use a palm grip mostly, but I'll experiment now with trying to use a fingertip grip most of the time now.
edit: I also have somewhat large hands, and I see that the Zowie is on the small side for large hands. If it helps as a sense of scale, I can cover my G5 entirely.
Also, thank you for the Qck+. That looks to be exactly what I want.

Tt eSports Saphira is a nice mice, if u use higher dpi but dont know if it is youre tast with large hands. Mabay Mionix 3200 is a good option for you, it has a shape for palm grip.
Edited by CtrlAltel1te - 6/27/12 at 12:37am
post #258 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegratorx View Post

I just ordered a Razer Imperator 2012 Edition from Amazon and it costed me 70$ without the added shipping that I chose to put on. Does anybody have any experience with them, and if so any good feedback?

Razer imperator has a very nice shape for palm and fingertip grip. Only con's of the razer imperator is the z-axis issue where when you lift up the mouse and put it back on youre mouse pad youre cursor would be slightly off the iniatial position. For the rest its a razer mouse and razer isnt really know for its durability.
post #259 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
Palm but I fingertip if the mouse is too small.

2. What's your sensitivity?
1200dpi is what I'm using now but I'm fine with anything.

3. What's your maximum budget?
100USD

4. Do you want additional buttons?
My current mouse has none so its not a big deal for me.

5. What games do you play?
Lol, Minecraft, DD, D3, L4D2, and many RTS titles.

6. Do you mind about prediction?
I'd rather not have it.

7. Other relevant information:
I've used and liked ambidextrous mice in the past so I'm fine with them (right handed) and no glossy finish my current mouse has it and just crap that you didn't even know was on your hands gets on the mouse and I keep clean while at my desk. Also a final side note my current mouse is a bit too small so I'd like something with a good size and medium weight to it.
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte G1 GAMING GeForce GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Ducky Shine 2 Corsair AX760 Corsair 600t White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC1 Evo Xtrac Pads ripper XL Sennheiser hd 558 Audio Technica at2020 usb mic 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-4770K @ 3.50GHz Asus Maximus VI Hero Gigabyte G1 GAMING GeForce GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Gaming Series 16GB DDR3 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB SAMSUNG 840 EVO 120GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H100i 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate Ducky Shine 2 Corsair AX760 Corsair 600t White 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC1 Evo Xtrac Pads ripper XL Sennheiser hd 558 Audio Technica at2020 usb mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by disintegratorx View Post

I just ordered a Razer Imperator 2012 Edition from Amazon and it costed me 70$ without the added shipping that I chose to put on. Does anybody have any experience with them, and if so any good feedback?
I used to have an Imperator, older model though. It served me well, and it's incredibly comfortable, but unfortunately the left mouse button was starting to have issues. From what I've read durability isn't Razer's strong suit, I hope yours lasts longer than mine did.
Beestje 2.0
(20 items)
 
Beestje 1.5
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 Sabertooth X79 ASUS GeForce GTX 680 ASUS GeForce GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung low profile x4 OCZ Vertex 3 Crucial M4 Samsung HD103SJ 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Lite-On BD drive Megahalems rev. B Cooler Master Excalibur Windows 7 home premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278H Logitech G710+ Corsair TX750 Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 Razer Kabuto Echo Audiofire 2 Sennheiser HD515 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Club3d HD7870 royalKing Corsair Dominator 3x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial V4 128GB Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB LG GH22LS Scythe Mugen 2b 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
CM Excalibur x2 CM R4 x3 Samsung BX2450 Microsoft Sidewinder X6 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12 II 520 Antec 600 Microsoft Intellimouse Razer Kabuto 
  hide details  
Reply
Beestje 2.0
(20 items)
 
Beestje 1.5
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3820 Sabertooth X79 ASUS GeForce GTX 680 ASUS GeForce GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung low profile x4 OCZ Vertex 3 Crucial M4 Samsung HD103SJ 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Lite-On BD drive Megahalems rev. B Cooler Master Excalibur Windows 7 home premium x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278H Logitech G710+ Corsair TX750 Silverstone Raven 2 Evolution 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair M60 Razer Kabuto Echo Audiofire 2 Sennheiser HD515 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Club3d HD7870 royalKing Corsair Dominator 3x4GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial V4 128GB Seagate Barracuda LP 2TB LG GH22LS Scythe Mugen 2b 
CoolingCoolingMonitorKeyboard
CM Excalibur x2 CM R4 x3 Samsung BX2450 Microsoft Sidewinder X6 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12 II 520 Antec 600 Microsoft Intellimouse Razer Kabuto 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread