Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 40

post #391 of 6215
Naos 3200 IS comfy but...high LOD is a reall pain, can be solved though in seconds by partailly blocking LED with tape.

If you do buy a Naos be very very careful on where and who you buy it from , as i recently found out,,,Mionix are extremely fussy when it comes to RMA, i would highly recommend you first contacting them to find out their authorised retailers list.
Le Box of Black
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 r2.0 GTX 770 16GB Corsair Vengeance in Triple channel mode ;) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Ocz Vertex 2  Samsung F1  Samsung F3 Samsung F1 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sammie Dvd rw Windows 7 64Bit HZ281HPB 1200p / HP IPS 1080p / Samsung Syncmas... Qpad MK80 (Blue switch), SteelSeries 7G (Cherry... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
HX1000 CM-Stacker 832 Flipped Naos 3200,G5,G400,G400s, G300, Kone+ Razor Destructor and Steelseries Qck 
AudioAudioAudio
X-Fi Fatal1ty  ATH-T500 / AH-D510 Samson CO1U PAK Condenser Mic  
  hide details  
Reply
Le Box of Black
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 r2.0 GTX 770 16GB Corsair Vengeance in Triple channel mode ;) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Ocz Vertex 2  Samsung F1  Samsung F3 Samsung F1 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sammie Dvd rw Windows 7 64Bit HZ281HPB 1200p / HP IPS 1080p / Samsung Syncmas... Qpad MK80 (Blue switch), SteelSeries 7G (Cherry... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
HX1000 CM-Stacker 832 Flipped Naos 3200,G5,G400,G400s, G300, Kone+ Razor Destructor and Steelseries Qck 
AudioAudioAudio
X-Fi Fatal1ty  ATH-T500 / AH-D510 Samson CO1U PAK Condenser Mic  
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 6215
Or you can simply find a compatible surface with a lighter colored print. The actual distance will vary from pad to pad. Low to high.
post #393 of 6215
1. What's your grip style?
Claw Grip

2. What's your sensitivity?
High

3. What's your maximum budget?
USD 70-80

4. Do you want additional buttons?
Just two buttons on the left side will do

5. What games do you play?
Team fortress 2, Killing floor and some MMO's

6. Do you mind about prediction?
If it have the ability to turn off

7. Other relevant information:
Nothing i can think of.
post #394 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977 View Post

Naos 3200 IS comfy but...high LOD is a reall pain, can be solved though in seconds by partailly blocking LED with tape.
If you do buy a Naos be very very careful on where and who you buy it from , as i recently found out,,,Mionix are extremely fussy when it comes to RMA, i would highly recommend you first contacting them to find out their authorised retailers list.

Thanks for the warning. Mionix does list Fry's as an authorized reseller, so I would go with that. biggrin.gif
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Monolith
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-4690K ASUS Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 MSI GTX 970 Gaming G4 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Trident X Samsung 840 Western Digital Caviar Blue Corsair H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 ASUS PB278Q Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian 750D Mionix Naos 3200 Corsair MM400 M-Audio Studiophile AV30 
AudioAudio
Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

1. What's your grip style?
I mostly use the fingertip, but that's probably because of my current mouse (some small laptop mouse). I think I'd get used to a different grip, if I get a different mouse.
2. What's your sensitivity?
I'm not really sure, it depends on what I'm doing. I'd like to be able to change it.
3. What's your maximum budget?
$80, preferably a bit less, but I'd be willing to save up a bit more if it's necessary.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
On the fly DPI switching would be nice but not really necessary. I don't really play MMOs, so I'm fine with just the regular buttons.
5. What games do you play?
Mostly FPS, some action/adventure, and some RPGs.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Not really sure, if it's not too noticeable, I think I can live with it.
7. Other relevant information:
I was previously looking at the G9X and the M60, I'm not sure which one of them is better and I would like some other suggestions. Also, can you suggest me a mouse pad? I really have no preference, as long as it works with the mouse, and is not too big. Thanks.
Pretty sure double posting is bad, but I would like to have a new mouse before the end of next week. Thanks and sorry for the double post.
post #396 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

Pretty sure double posting is bad, but I would like to have a new mouse before the end of next week. Thanks and sorry for the double post.
For FPS games in general I would take a look at mice with the Avago 3090 sensor or other varitations of it, just because a lot of mice has this sensor and its a pretty good sensor aswell, but has sort off high LOD
post #397 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

Pretty sure double posting is bad, but I would like to have a new mouse before the end of next week. Thanks and sorry for the double post.
Both of those mice have had some reported sensor acceleration problems. I would look at the G400, Deathadder, or Zowie EC1 evo.
post #398 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catolysis View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. What's your grip style?
Claw Grip
2. What's your sensitivity?
High
3. What's your maximum budget?
USD 70-80
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Just two buttons on the left side will do
5. What games do you play?
Team fortress 2, Killing floor and some MMO's
6. Do you mind about prediction?
If it have the ability to turn off
7. Other relevant information:
Nothing i can think of.

Optical for up to 3500-4000DPI (good up to around 1600DPI) for the claw grip: Spawn, Savu

If you need higher DPI then a laser mouse is for you. Imperator (with some z-axis issue), M60/M90, G9x, etc could do, but other than Imperator there are a tiny bit of acceleration (~5%) that cannot be turned off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

Pretty sure double posting is bad, but I would like to have a new mouse before the end of next week. Thanks and sorry for the double post.

Many mice fit your requirements. G9x and M60 certainly fit, but they are a bit too much for your requirements. Moreover, they have some tiny bit of acceleration that you cannot turn off (IMO 5% is quite unnoticable though). Cheaper alternatives like G400 or Abyssus could do, and they use sensors that are free from acceleration and are stable enough up to 1600DPI, though some say G400 is only good up to 800DPI.... Spawn, Deathadder, Savu are some other mice that you may look into with different shapes and button layouts.

For mousepad, you could go with Razer Goliathus speed or QcK mini as a starter.
post #399 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catolysis View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1. What's your grip style?
Claw Grip
2. What's your sensitivity?
High
3. What's your maximum budget?
USD 70-80
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Just two buttons on the left side will do
5. What games do you play?
Team fortress 2, Killing floor and some MMO's
6. Do you mind about prediction?
If it have the ability to turn off
7. Other relevant information:
Nothing i can think of.

Optical for up to 3500-4000DPI (good up to around 1600DPI) for the claw grip: Spawn, Savu

If you need higher DPI then a laser mouse is for you. Imperator (with some z-axis issue), M60/M90, G9x, etc could do, but other than Imperator there are a tiny bit of acceleration (~5%) that cannot be turned off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinz View Post

Pretty sure double posting is bad, but I would like to have a new mouse before the end of next week. Thanks and sorry for the double post.

Many mice fit your requirements. G9x and M60 certainly fit, but they are a bit too much for your requirements. Moreover, they have some tiny bit of acceleration that you cannot turn off (IMO 5% is quite unnoticable though). Cheaper alternatives like G400 or Abyssus could do, and they use sensors that are free from acceleration and are stable enough up to 1600DPI, though some say G400 is only good up to 800DPI.... Spawn, Deathadder, Savu are some other mice that you may look into with different shapes and button layouts.

For mousepad, you could go with Razer Goliathus speed or QcK mini as a starter.

The Savu cannot do 1600 DPI without jitter.

Does the G400 have jitter at 1600 DPI? I thought it had a sensor up to par with the DA.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
post #400 of 6215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

The Savu cannot do 1600 DPI without jitter.
Does the G400 have jitter at 1600 DPI? I thought it had a sensor up to par with the DA.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Mine can.

Each mouse you mentioned uses the same basic sensor architecture. Differing by LED and in the G400's case, magnification lens as well.

G400's 1800 CPI step is basically utilizing 3600 CPI with half its counts dropped. It's fidelity is a bit worse than the Savu or DA compared at the same polling on the same surface.
Edited by Skylit - 9/2/12 at 9:39am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread