Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 49

post #481 of 6207
I've been on the hunt for the perfect mouse for a long time. I've bought many mice and while each one has something that I like, they also have something that I dislike. Currently, I find myself switching between my Deathadder and my Zowie Evo EC2 every few days. Maybe you guys can help me find it?

What I like about my Deathadder: the omron switches are very responsive and feel nice to click - probably my favorite part about the mouse.
What I dislike about it: it's way too large and heavy for my relatively small hands, the sides have no grips so it becomes very slippery, and it has a very large lift-off distance. Has some negative acceleration @ 450 DPI. If I use a higher DPI and lower the sensitivity in the driver software, then pixel skipping occurs.

What I like about my Zowie Evo EC2 is that the mouse is almost the perfect shape and size, it has a very small lift-off distance, it has a nice texture that makes it easy to grip, and is not too heavy.
What I dislike about it: Clicking requires quite a bit of force and my index finger hurts REALLY badly if I play SC2 for more than a couple hours, and it has a strange build defect where the laser light shines through a gap between the body and the scroll wheel which reflects off of my monitor and shines directly into my eye.

So basically, both have severe flaws (for me).

1. What's your grip style? *Fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity? *400-600 DPI

3. What's your maximum budget? *None

4. Do you want additional buttons? *Don't care

5. What games do you play? *Starcraft 2

6. Do you mind about prediction? *Very much...big nono

7. Other relevant information:

Any negative/positive accel is a dealbreaker. Same with angle-snapping. One thing that I have discovered that I very strongly dislike are Huano switches - they cause fatigue in my finger after long sessions. Omron switches feel the most comfortable to me. Also, I strongly prefer using large cloth pads, particularly the QCK+, so it's important that the mouse doesn't jitter on cloth pads. Also, weight is pretty important.

I play on really low sensitivity in all games, so anything that weighs more than 90 grams is a pain. Lastly, I have pretty small hands and use the fingertip grip, so I need something pretty small. The Zowie Evo's shape is pretty spot on, but something even smaller (slightly) would be ideal. Also, rubber coating is nice.

Mice I have ruled out already:
-Anything made by Zowie (they all use Huano switches)
-CM Storm Spawn (lowest DPI is 800 and has major problems at that DPI)

Thanks for reading.

**Sorry for the long post, this is copy pasta'd from a thread I made which didn't get many replies.**
post #482 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatFlute View Post

I've been on the hunt for the perfect mouse for a long time. I've bought many mice and while each one has something that I like, they also have something that I dislike. Currently, I find myself switching between my Deathadder and my Zowie Evo EC2 every few days. Maybe you guys can help me find it?
What I like about my Deathadder: the omron switches are very responsive and feel nice to click - probably my favorite part about the mouse.
What I dislike about it: it's way too large and heavy for my relatively small hands, the sides have no grips so it becomes very slippery, and it has a very large lift-off distance. Has some negative acceleration @ 450 DPI. If I use a higher DPI and lower the sensitivity in the driver software, then pixel skipping occurs.
What I like about my Zowie Evo EC2 is that the mouse is almost the perfect shape and size, it has a very small lift-off distance, it has a nice texture that makes it easy to grip, and is not too heavy.
What I dislike about it: Clicking requires quite a bit of force and my index finger hurts REALLY badly if I play SC2 for more than a couple hours, and it has a strange build defect where the laser light shines through a gap between the body and the scroll wheel which reflects off of my monitor and shines directly into my eye.
So basically, both have severe flaws (for me).
1. What's your grip style? *Fingertip
2. What's your sensitivity? *400-600 DPI
3. What's your maximum budget? *None
4. Do you want additional buttons? *Don't care
5. What games do you play? *Starcraft 2
6. Do you mind about prediction? *Very much...big nono
7. Other relevant information:
Any negative/positive accel is a dealbreaker. Same with angle-snapping. One thing that I have discovered that I very strongly dislike are Huano switches - they cause fatigue in my finger after long sessions. Omron switches feel the most comfortable to me. Also, I strongly prefer using large cloth pads, particularly the QCK+, so it's important that the mouse doesn't jitter on cloth pads. Also, weight is pretty important.
I play on really low sensitivity in all games, so anything that weighs more than 90 grams is a pain. Lastly, I have pretty small hands and use the fingertip grip, so I need something pretty small. The Zowie Evo's shape is pretty spot on, but something even smaller (slightly) would be ideal. Also, rubber coating is nice.
Mice I have ruled out already:
-Anything made by Zowie (they all use Huano switches)
-CM Storm Spawn (lowest DPI is 800 and has major problems at that DPI)
Thanks for reading.
**Sorry for the long post, this is copy pasta'd from a thread I made which didn't get many replies.**
The only ADSN 3090/s3888 mice you haven't gone through yet that I believe are good are the Logitech G400, the RAT 3 and the Roccat Savu. I'm actually surprised that you have detected acceleration on the Deathadder, I can't detect any on mine.
The Logitech G400 is too heavy and bad for fingertip, so that is out.
I have no idea what the RAT 3 weights.
The Savu weighs 90 grams, so it is probably your best option.
these all have no acceleration or prediction, but I have no idea what buttons they have.
post #483 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

The Zowie EC1 Evo looks pretty similar in shape to the WMO; the Deathadder is also somewhat similar in shape. If you want a good fingertip mouse, the Roccat Savu or RAT 3 would also be good.
I don't get the appeal of the WMO, though. I have an intellimouse explorer, and it still works after a decade, but it's never tracked very well.

These things have too many buttons. I want a symple symmetrical shape like WMO, with no side buttons or anything.
post #484 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMObession View Post

These things have too many buttons. I want a symple symmetrical shape like WMO, with no side buttons or anything.
I doubt you'll find anything without side buttons. The Zowie AM is symmetrical with small side buttons.
post #485 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

I doubt you'll find anything without side buttons. The Zowie AM is symmetrical with small side buttons.

**** my life
post #486 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMObession View Post

**** my life
Why don't you like side buttons? They never really get in the way, in my experience.
post #487 of 6207
In mine they do. Also I like to keep things simple. It makes me stressed just by knowing there is something clicklable on there.
post #488 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMObession View Post

In mine they do. Also I like to keep things simple. It makes me stressed just by knowing there is something clicklable on there.
In games, you could unbind them. It would really increase your options. I just realized that the Razer Abyssus has no buttons; it has a S3888 sensor with angle snapping disabled, so it's a good mouse; no acceleration or significant jitter.
I'm not really familiar with mice that don't use the ADSN A3090/S3888 sensor, so I have seen a couple that might work, but I don't know enough about them to recommend them.
SS Kinzu V2 (the non V2 is terrible) - budget sensor, SS fixed the skipping bug
Roccat lua - budget sensor, no jitter issues that I have heard of
post #489 of 6207
im curious to see what all is out there to look at. i should be getting a paycheck soon. and dont have many major expenses so i want to spend a little on a few inexpensive things i have needed/wanted for a while.

mouse is a want more than a need tongue.gif

1. What's your grip style? fingertip

2. What's your sensitivity? in the middle, i have my mx518 set to 1000dpi with default windows settings for mouse speed

3. What's your maximum budget? i dont want to spend more than $50 and even 50 seems a little pricey but i do appreciate quality

4. Do you want additional buttons? i really like the 2 side thumb buttons and the mouse wheel to also click (not sure if that is a normal default thing for all mice or not)

5. What games do you play? i mainly play fps games, only borderlands 2 right now but enjoy games like borderlands, left4dead, and occasionally call of duty on the rare occasion

6. Do you mind about prediction? not 100% sure i understand what it is and why it exists but i dont like the idea of it. i want my mouse to be really accurate to what i do, not what it thinks im going to do

7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.
some examples: i have been using the mx518 since it came out so i have not had any experience with many other mice for a long time. i do want a wired mouse so i dont have to worry about batteries while im working on something important. i do a lot of video and photo editing so i just want a mouse that feels nice to use and feels like its very precise while using it. im really open to just about anything and have no preferences on brand other than i want something that is nice quality, precise, and feels great to use which i think is the basics for everyone's desire in a mouse tongue.gif im mainly looking for something new so i really dont want to buy another mx518 again, i dislike the logitech logo that was in it as it is totally worn out on my mouse and you cant even tell what it use to be because its now a worn out grey circle on the back of my mouse that looks like its been sanded down lol.
edit: also that feature where when you lift the mouse up and the cursor doesnt move. that would be awesome. i saw it mentioned somewhere and when i tested it on my mx518 which i already knew about but yea my cursor jumps around all over the place when i lift the mouse up. i would like to not have that problem anymore tongue.gif
Edited by Conspiracy - 10/6/12 at 8:34pm
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #490 of 6207
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

In games, you could unbind them. It would really increase your options. I just realized that the Razer Abyssus has no buttons; it has a S3888 sensor with angle snapping disabled, so it's a good mouse; no acceleration or significant jitter.
I'm not really familiar with mice that don't use the ADSN A3090/S3888 sensor, so I have seen a couple that might work, but I don't know enough about them to recommend them.
SS Kinzu V2 (the non V2 is terrible) - budget sensor, SS fixed the skipping bug
Roccat lua - budget sensor, no jitter issues that I have heard of

Abyssus jitters like hell on a lot of different surfaces, such as the QCK HEAVY (my pad)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread