Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 603

post #6021 of 6080
  1. What's your grip style?
    Palm, I currently have a palm/grip hybrid style going on because of my massive hands not fitting with most mice.
  2. What's your sensitivity?
    1600 - 3200 is average for me depending on game
  3. What's your maximum budget?
    $150
  4. Do you want additional buttons?
    2 buttons on side is all I really feel like I can hit accurately, so a huge number of buttons isn't a big concern.
  5. What games do you play?
    FFXIV, Overwatch, Ark, LoL, Occasionally good single player game.
  6. Do you mind about prediction?
    Would prefer to not have any acceleration/prediction, accurate mouse is always good mouse.
  7. Other relevant information:
    Input anything else you want. Some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc
    I like heavy mice or weight customization to make it heavy, aluminum body/frame is a plus, wireless is okay too as long as its decent battery life (more than five days without charging), driver-less is a plus but not a huge concern either, onboard memory doesn't matter as I don't really move my mouse to different locations.

Some pictures down below with my current driver the Mionix Naos 7000, so definitely something larger than this mouse would be a plus.

post #6022 of 6080
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick1233 View Post

  1. What's your grip style?
    Palm, I currently have a palm/grip hybrid style going on because of my massive hands not fitting with most mice.
  2. What's your sensitivity?
    1600 - 3200 is average for me depending on game
  3. What's your maximum budget?
    $150
  4. Do you want additional buttons?
    2 buttons on side is all I really feel like I can hit accurately, so a huge number of buttons isn't a big concern.
  5. What games do you play?
    FFXIV, Overwatch, Ark, LoL, Occasionally good single player game.
  6. Do you mind about prediction?
    Would prefer to not have any acceleration/prediction, accurate mouse is always good mouse.
  7. Other relevant information:
    Input anything else you want. Some examples: LOD, ambidextrous shape, weight, wireless, non-braided cord, glossy finish, button activation force, driverless, onboard memory, etc
    I like heavy mice or weight customization to make it heavy, aluminum body/frame is a plus, wireless is okay too as long as its decent battery life (more than five days without charging), driver-less is a plus but not a huge concern either, onboard memory doesn't matter as I don't really move my mouse to different locations.

Some pictures down below with my current driver the Mionix Naos 7000, so definitely something larger than this mouse would be a plus.


I'd say the Logitech G502, for the sensor, weight customization, and for being a palm grip mouse. The braided cable on the G502 isn't Logitech's worst, either, but you could always replace it with a weightless Paracord cable made by CeeSA. Imo, it's well worth it. I personally like the shape of it the most out of my other mice, and the button placement is great despite how many of them there are. But as with anyone, the shape might not suit you the same as me. I know Roccat has made some pretty big mice as well that you might wanna check out, too. thumb.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6023 of 6080
Hey guys,

I need your expertise.

I've been using the legendary WMO for years on end, love it, still do. However, I've been playing a lot of MMOs lately and 2 extra buttons on the side would be extremely useful. I tried a Zowie FK series 2 years ago, and the sensor felt good enough(still not as good), but really didn't like the heavy feel of the Huano switches. I heard that Zowie would be re-released with Omron switches and I was looking forward to getting one, but apparently that has been canceled also.

tl;dr: I need a recommendation for a 5 button mouse with a similar quality sensor and shape to the WMO, with light feeling switches.


[*] What's your grip style?
Palm
[*] What's your sensitivity?
400 DPI
[*] What's your maximum budget?
Money is not an issue
[*] Do you want additional buttons?
2 Extra buttons on the side
[*] What games do you play?
CS:GO, Battlefield franchise, Guild Wars 2
[*] Do you mind about prediction?
I don't like prediction
[*] Other relevant information:
Read the above


Thanks in advance cheers.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI Z87I Club 3D R9 280x Royalqueen Corsair Veangance 8GB kit 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 256GB EKWB Supremacy Acetal+Copper CPU block EKWB R9 280x Acetal+Copper fullcover GPU block DDC 3.2 PWM with Aqualis pump/res combo & EKWB ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB PE 240 Radiator EKWB PE 120 Radiator Aerocool DeadSilence 120mm black fan x3 Primochill Acrylic compression fittings & EKWB ... 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate BenQ XL2411T @120hz lightboost Silverstone ST45SF-G 450w Compact Splash #97 
Mouse
Zowie Gear EVO EC2 black 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k MSI Z87I Club 3D R9 280x Royalqueen Corsair Veangance 8GB kit 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung EVO 256GB EKWB Supremacy Acetal+Copper CPU block EKWB R9 280x Acetal+Copper fullcover GPU block DDC 3.2 PWM with Aqualis pump/res combo & EKWB ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EKWB PE 240 Radiator EKWB PE 120 Radiator Aerocool DeadSilence 120mm black fan x3 Primochill Acrylic compression fittings & EKWB ... 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate BenQ XL2411T @120hz lightboost Silverstone ST45SF-G 450w Compact Splash #97 
Mouse
Zowie Gear EVO EC2 black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6024 of 6080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hefner View Post

Hey guys,

I need your expertise.

I've been using the legendary WMO for years on end, love it, still do. However, I've been playing a lot of MMOs lately and 2 extra buttons on the side would be extremely useful. I tried a Zowie FK series 2 years ago, and the sensor felt good enough(still not as good), but really didn't like the heavy feel of the Huano switches. I heard that Zowie would be re-released with Omron switches and I was looking forward to getting one, but apparently that has been canceled also.

tl;dr: I need a recommendation for a 5 button mouse with a similar quality sensor and shape to the WMO, with light feeling switches.


[*] What's your grip style?
Palm
[*] What's your sensitivity?
400 DPI
[*] What's your maximum budget?
Money is not an issue
[*] Do you want additional buttons?
2 Extra buttons on the side
[*] What games do you play?
CS:GO, Battlefield franchise, Guild Wars 2
[*] Do you mind about prediction?
I don't like prediction
[*] Other relevant information:
Read the above


Thanks in advance cheers.gif

G403 my d00d



The shape is definitely different, though. Maybe someone else can suggest one more like the WMO.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6025 of 6080
lots of Logitech recommendations, looks like I'll be trying that g502 when I get my new computer parts in and see if my hand can adjust to it.
post #6026 of 6080
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominick1233 View Post

lots of Logitech recommendations, looks like I'll be trying that g502 when I get my new computer parts in and see if my hand can adjust to it.

g502 not good for big hand
post #6027 of 6080
What's your grip style?
Claw-fingertip hybrid'ish
What's your sensitivity?
800 eDPI (800 dpi 1 in-game sens)
Do you want additional buttons?
Doesn't matter much
What games do you play?
CS:GO
Do you mind about prediction?
Yes
Other relevant information:
Hello.
I'm thinking of purchasing the G Pro but my main concern is with the shape. I quite liked playing with the g303. I have a somewhat eccentric claw/fingertip hybrid (apologies for the pictures; I'd take better ones but I no longer have the mouse) where my thumb presses aggressively against the side and the part of my palm under my pinky and ring finger (top left of my hand essentially) pushes the hump of the mouse. Because the g303 had the diamond back I simply couldn't get used to it. I'm wondering if the g pro would be better in that department? I generally like medium-sized mice that are light. Thanks.

Ki
post #6028 of 6080
I'm thinking about switching my grip to fingertip (I used it back in the early 2000's) what current mice under $60 are best to use fingertip grip with for people with 19cm tall and 10cm wide hands? I already own the g303, EC2-A, Deathadder 2013, FK1. Out of all of them I think the EC2-A works best but I think I would like something maybe small and ambidextrous, like maybe the fk2?
post #6029 of 6080
  1. What's your grip style? I can use anthing, but I mostly use palm.
  2. What's your sensitivity? Medium
  3. What's your maximum budget? $70 (I can probably spend a little more, but all my choices are listed below).
  4. Do you want additional buttons?
  5. What games do you play? Geometry Dash, CSGO, DOOM, Skyrim, KSP, American Truck Simulator, The Witcher 2 and 3, GTAV, Far Cry 4, Project CARS, Battlefield 1 and 4, and that's really it.
  6. Do you mind about prediction? I'd not really want it always on.
  7. Other relevant information: Mice are down below.

Mice within my budget:
  • Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
  • Logitech G Pro (like I used to have)
  • Logitech G403 Wired
  • Corsair M65 Pro (general opinion of this is not too good right?)
  • Corsair Scimitar Pro
  • Steelseries Rival 300
  • Razer Deathadder Elite (like what I'm having to use right now)

Mice for a little bit more money:
  • Logitech G403 Wireless ($10 more)
  • Steelseries Rival 700 (~$5 more)
  • Razer Mamba TE (garbage I assume, about $4 more)
  • Razer Naga V2 (ew laser, $10 more)
Nothing Special
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO 4GB XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3L-1600 HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB Seagate Momentus XT 500GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX300 525GB Seagate Expansion 4TB External Sony BWU-500S Thermalright Macho X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CRYORIG R1 Ultimate Cougar Vortex 140mm (HDB) Phanteks PH-F140MP Fractal Design HP14-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phanteks PH-F140MP Noctua NF-A4x10 Thermalright TY-140 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF240H Corsair K65 LUX RGB Cherry MX Red Thermaltake Tough Power DPS Gold 750W Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX TG (Silver) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Rival 700 Pecham Extended Mousepad Blue Snowball (black) Superlux HD668B 
Other
CableMod Basic ModFlex™ Cable Extension Kit - D... 
  hide details  
Reply
Nothing Special
(29 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8350 ASUS 970 Pro Gaming/Aura Sapphire R9 Fury NITRO 4GB XFX Radeon HD 7850 2GB Core Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB DDR3L-1600 HGST Ultrastar 7K3000 2TB Kingston SSDNow V300 120GB Seagate Momentus XT 500GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial MX300 525GB Seagate Expansion 4TB External Sony BWU-500S Thermalright Macho X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
CRYORIG R1 Ultimate Cougar Vortex 140mm (HDB) Phanteks PH-F140MP Fractal Design HP14-PWM 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Phanteks PH-F140MP Noctua NF-A4x10 Thermalright TY-140 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XF240H Corsair K65 LUX RGB Cherry MX Red Thermaltake Tough Power DPS Gold 750W Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX TG (Silver) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Rival 700 Pecham Extended Mousepad Blue Snowball (black) Superlux HD668B 
Other
CableMod Basic ModFlex™ Cable Extension Kit - D... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6030 of 6080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippy View Post

I'm thinking about switching my grip to fingertip (I used it back in the early 2000's) what current mice under $60 are best to use fingertip grip with for people with 19cm tall and 10cm wide hands? I already own the g303, EC2-A, Deathadder 2013, FK1. Out of all of them I think the EC2-A works best but I think I would like something maybe small and ambidextrous, like maybe the fk2?

Try the G203 and see if the shape works for you. ;P
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4460 3.2 GHz ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM In... SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 1TB SATA III 3-D Vertical ... Stock arctic arctic f12 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
arctic arctic f12 Windows 7 Professional - 64 Bit Asus VS239H-P 23.0" Monitor Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gamin... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply Thermaltake VO545A1N2U ATX Mid Tower Case Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Frostpad 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Logitech Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers SADES SA-708 Stereo Gaming Headphone Headset wi... Logitech G Pro Logitech G403 
Other
Razer DeathAdder Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread