Originally Posted by monkeysuit
1. What's your grip style?
2. What's your sensitivity?
Low, 11-12" 360
3. What's your maximum budget?
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Ideally, but I could live without them.
5. What games do you play?
FPS, primarily TF2
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Yes, I want zero prediction.
7. I currently use a G9x, and it feels great. I just know that it has prediction built in and would like to use something without any.
The G9x has acceleration, it was the older Logitech optical mice that had prediction.
If you don't want acceleration, you could go with a deathadder, a G400, a Savu, a Zowie AM, a Zowie EC Evo, or a RAT 3.
The G400 is my current mouse, and it works very well for any grip position, except fingertip, which is a little akward.
Personally, I think the Deathadder is uncomfortable, but that is probably because I have large hands.
I have heard that the Savu is uncomfortable to claw grip unless you have large hands
I have no idea what the Zowie mice are like.
The RAT 3 is good for fingertip grip
There's also the RAT 7, but it is only guaranteed to work on hard surfaces. I remember mine working pretty well up around 4000 DPI.
I would suggest the CM Spawn because I've heard it's also good for claw gripping.
I've heard it has had some problems with jitter.
Originally Posted by Kornowski
1. What's your grip style? - Mainly used two finger style but wouldn't mind trying the claw design.
2. What's your sensitivity? - Not too sure about the exact DPI, but pretty high.
3. What's your maximum budget? - I'd say around £30.
4. Do you want additional buttons? - Yeah, side buttons would be ideal.
5. What games do you play? - Just FPS'.
6. Do you mind about prediction? - I don't even know what this is, haha.
7. Other relevant information? - Must be wireless.
If you have a game on the source engine, like Gmod or CSS, there is an option labeled smooth mouse movement
; that is basically prediction, AFAIK. I don't actually notice it at all in game, unlike acceleration.Edited by Art Vanelay - 11/2/12 at 7:08pm