Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 75

post #741 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmabi View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Mostly palm, sometimes claw
2. What's your sensitivity?
low to medium
3. What's your maximum budget?
$150
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Just 2 to 5 extra button should be sufficient
5. What games do you play?
GW2. SC2, LOL, Assasin's Creed, CS: GO
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Not really.
7. Other relevant information:
I will use the mouse mostly for gaming ad I play GW2 the most. I do want a mouse with a cord. The current mice i'm looking into buying are the razer deathadder 3.5 with blue lighting vs logitech g400 vs logitech g500. Will probably need to get a mouse pad to since I just use a generic mouse pad. I'm looking into the razer team liquid mouse just because I watch a lot of SC2.
If you are going to do palm or claw grip with low sensitivity, I would recommend the g400. The G500 is good for people who are using a high sensitivity, but the acceleration may become noticeable to low sensitivity users. The Deathadder is not a bad mouse, but it has undersized feet, and I find the ergonomics of it to be terrible. My hands are fairly large, so your experience may differ from mine.
post #742 of 6214
1. What's your grip style?
Fingertip. Technically I let the mouse touch the back of my palm but only when I pull it down with my fingers. I let it rest on the mouse when I'm surfing the web or w/e.

2. What's your sensitivity?
Currently using the abyssus with 1800dpi and 1000hz. Getting a new mouse because the abyssus right click is sticking I think.

3. What's your maximum budget?
<$70 preferrably.

4. Do you want additional buttons?
Would be nice, not necessary.
5. What games do you play?
League of Legends, and some others. But LoL mostly.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Would prefer no accelleration.
7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.

My first gaming mouse was the razer krait. It was lighter than my current abyssus with a really light click. That's pretty much what I prefer and the mouse lasted 5 years before the right click went. It was effortless to click anything. The abyssus is heavier and harder to click. I just bought the g9x off amazon because I got it for $45 which seems like a good deal, but I might hold off and return it if people suggest a different mouse. I prefer light pressure to get a click, and I don't have large hands I would say.

Seems like mice just get bigger and harder to use. I like extra buttons but I really dislike mice I have to palm grip. I also pretty much never switch dpi. I'm used to one sensitivity and I dislike switching. Don't play too many fps's.

Any help appreciated.
post #743 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmabi View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Mostly palm, sometimes claw
2. What's your sensitivity?
low to medium
3. What's your maximum budget?
$150
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Just 2 to 5 extra button should be sufficient
5. What games do you play?
GW2. SC2, LOL, Assasin's Creed, CS: GO
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Not really.
7. Other relevant information:
I will use the mouse mostly for gaming ad I play GW2 the most. I do want a mouse with a cord. The current mice i'm looking into buying are the razer deathadder 3.5 with blue lighting vs logitech g400 vs logitech g500. Will probably need to get a mouse pad to since I just use a generic mouse pad. I'm looking into the razer team liquid mouse just because I watch a lot of SC2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

If you are going to do palm or claw grip with low sensitivity, I would recommend the g400. The G500 is good for people who are using a high sensitivity, but the acceleration may become noticeable to low sensitivity users. The Deathadder is not a bad mouse, but it has undersized feet, and I find the ergonomics of it to be terrible. My hands are fairly large, so your experience may differ from mine.

Any comments on the g9x vs the g400?
post #744 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis1452 View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Fingertip. Technically I let the mouse touch the back of my palm but only when I pull it down with my fingers. I let it rest on the mouse when I'm surfing the web or w/e.
2. What's your sensitivity?
Currently using the abyssus with 1800dpi and 1000hz. Getting a new mouse because the abyssus right click is sticking I think.
3. What's your maximum budget?
<$70 preferrably.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Would be nice, not necessary.
5. What games do you play?
League of Legends, and some others. But LoL mostly.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Would prefer no accelleration.
7. Other relevant information:
Input anything else you want.
My first gaming mouse was the razer krait. It was lighter than my current abyssus with a really light click. That's pretty much what I prefer and the mouse lasted 5 years before the right click went. It was effortless to click anything. The abyssus is heavier and harder to click. I just bought the g9x off amazon because I got it for $45 which seems like a good deal, but I might hold off and return it if people suggest a different mouse. I prefer light pressure to get a click, and I don't have large hands I would say.
Seems like mice just get bigger and harder to use. I like extra buttons but I really dislike mice I have to palm grip. I also pretty much never switch dpi. I'm used to one sensitivity and I dislike switching. Don't play too many fps's.
Any help appreciated.
The G400 is the best one to palm grip, IMO. It might be a bit difficult to fingertip grip, though.
I could recommend the Deathadder for palm grip, but with a fingertip grip, the weight is too far back, and it fishtails.
The Zowie EC Evo I have not used, but I have heard it's a similar shape to the deathadder.
The Zowie AM looks good for fingertip grip, but is smaller than the Deathadder, so it might be hard to palm grip
Quote:
Originally Posted by avalonmabi View Post

Any comments on the g9x vs the g400?
You don't need the A9500 sensor if you are using a low sensitivity. If you don't need anything over 1800 DPI, then go for the G400; it has the best sensor below 1800 DPI, IMO.
post #745 of 6214
Just started a new job and the office mice suck to say the least. Is there a wired equivalent to the mx performance ? I don't want a gaming mouse just something retardedly comfortable for work , I got a deathadder at home for the gaming , and a g500 that simply is not comofortable enough for 8 hours at work.
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Kara
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k Asus Maximus Hero VIII ASUS Strix 980 TI GSKILL Ripjaws V (2X8 gb) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston Hyper X Savage Crucial M500  Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 2420TE Corsair Strafe (MX Browns) EVGA P2 850w Corsair Air 540 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G303  Roccat Taito Sennheiser HD558 Blue Snowball Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #746 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by duox View Post

Just started a new job and the office mice suck to say the least. Is there a wired equivalent to the mx performance ? I don't want a gaming mouse just something retardedly comfortable for work , I got a deathadder at home for the gaming , and a g500 that simply is not comofortable enough for 8 hours at work.

Something retardedly comfortable? Naos 5000, Vertical Mouse, Handshoe...
post #747 of 6214
Returned my Sensei because the silver coating just wore off incredibly fast, didn't really like it much either.
So now I'm looking at something else.
1. What's your grip style?
Cross between claw and palm leaning towards the palm side.
2. What's your sensitivity?
1000, medium sens in game.
3. What's your maximum budget?
100 max.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
100% yes. Found that the Sensei had too few buttons for me, mainly because I had a hard time reaching the buttons on the right. Because of this, I'm going 100% for a good ergonomic mouse.
5. What games do you play?
LoL and some MMOs. Looking to pick up a lot of the upcoming MMOs too like Blade and Soul, Elder Scrolls Online.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Kinda. Doesn't really matter to me honestly, used mice with prediction before, but without is better.
7. Other relevant information:
Cord has to be able to fit into a mouse bungee. Haven't had any braided mice fray in the bungee yet so I'm ok with that.
Again has to be ergonomic with preferably more than 5 buttons.
Just so you know, currently looking at Naos 5000, G700 and Kone XTD (looking at this one the most)
post #748 of 6214
Time to retire my MX518 the rubber has been slowly coming off and leaving crap on my desk, plastic gets all sticky too.

1. What's your grip style?
Claw on the MX518
2. What's your sensitivity?
Mid-High
3. What's your maximum budget?
60$, dont mind waiting for sales or slightly used
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Used to having 8 buttons, would prefer at least that or more
5. What games do you play?
First person MMO, CS:GO
6. Do you mind about prediction?
I don't really mind, I would prefer no prediction
7. Other relevant information:
Should be for general use/browsing and gaming as well.
Anti sweat coating?
Using a SS Qck mini mousepad.
^Only mouse ever.
Edited by torniquet - 11/28/12 at 2:04am
post #749 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by torniquet View Post

Time to retire my MX518 the rubber has been slowly coming off and leaving crap on my desk, plastic gets all sticky too.
1. What's your grip style?
Claw on the MX518
2. What's your sensitivity?
Mid-High
3. What's your maximum budget?
60$, dont mind waiting for sales or slightly used
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Used to having 8 buttons, would prefer at least that or more
5. What games do you play?
First person MMO, CS:GO
6. Do you mind about prediction?
I don't really mind, I would prefer no prediction
7. Other relevant information:
Should be for general use/browsing and gaming as well.
Anti sweat coating?
Using a SS Qck mini mousepad.
^Only mouse ever.

If you liked MX518, then G400 is your obvious choice...

Otherwise, you can also look at DeathAdder, Savu, Spawn, Recon and see if their shape and button placement suit your needs.
post #750 of 6214
Quote:
Originally Posted by torniquet View Post

Time to retire my MX518 the rubber has been slowly coming off and leaving crap on my desk, plastic gets all sticky too.
1. What's your grip style?
Claw on the MX518
2. What's your sensitivity?
Mid-High
3. What's your maximum budget?
60$, dont mind waiting for sales or slightly used
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Used to having 8 buttons, would prefer at least that or more
5. What games do you play?
First person MMO, CS:GO
6. Do you mind about prediction?
I don't really mind, I would prefer no prediction
7. Other relevant information:
Should be for general use/browsing and gaming as well.
Anti sweat coating?
Using a SS Qck mini mousepad.
^Only mouse ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

If you liked MX518, then G400 is your obvious choice...
Otherwise, you can also look at DeathAdder, Savu, Spawn, Recon and see if their shape and button placement suit your needs.
Narrowed it down to Logitech G400 vs Sensei Raw ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread