Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 81

post #801 of 6259
400 dpi is considered low sens

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
post #802 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bius View Post

Define low sensitivity. tongue.gif
Anything that requires you to move your mouse greater than 0.5m/s reasonably often. That's where the acceleration starts to take effect.
post #803 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

My personal suggestions are:
Any of the mice from Zowie
Logitech G400 (mine is great for claw grip)
Deathadder black edition (I could not claw grip mine)
Roccat savu
none have a sniper button, though. If you want one, you could go with the RAT 7, but it has some reliability issues.
While I do like the Savu somewhat.However, I believe that my system has power to USB even when off, and I read a review mentioning that this would cause the light to stay on all the time (lights drive me crazy when I am trying to sleep)..
I noticed most of these mice are on the lower end of my budget... Anything else you recommend thats perhaps between $80-$150?

I should mention that I kinda liked the way the Storm Sentinel II fit my hand...
Edited by raidmaxGuy - 12/7/12 at 4:37pm
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
post #804 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmaxGuy View Post

While I do like the Savu somewhat.However, I believe that my system has power to USB even when off, and I read a review mentioning that this would cause the light to stay on all the time (lights drive me crazy when I am trying to sleep)..
I noticed most of these mice are on the lower end of my budget... Anything else you recommend thats perhaps between $80-$150?
I should mention that I kinda liked the way the Storm Sentinel II fit my hand...
Higher price does not mean a better mouse. higher priced mice usually have Avago A9500/9800 sensors or phillips twin eye sensors.
The Avago 9500/9800 has acceleration that you will probably notice if you like a low sensitivity, and the Phillips Twin Eye sensor does not like a lot of mouse pads, and the RAT 7, which has this sensor, has some reliability issues.
Unless you need a DPI above 1800, then you should go for one of the mice I suggested.

Some higher priced mice have sensors like the Cyprus ovation or the Avago 6090, but both of those have lower malfunction speeds than the optical mice I suggested. So they are also better for high sensitivity gamers.
post #805 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Higher price does not mean a better mouse. higher priced mice usually have Avago A9500/9800 sensors or phillips twin eye sensors.
The Avago 9500/9800 has acceleration that you will probably notice if you like a low sensitivity, and the Phillips Twin Eye sensor does not like a lot of mouse pads, and the RAT 7, which has this sensor, has some reliability issues.
Unless you need a DPI above 1800, then you should go for one of the mice I suggested.
Some higher priced mice have sensors like the Cyprus ovation or the Avago 6090, but both of those have lower malfunction speeds than the optical mice I suggested. So they are also better for high sensitivity gamers.
That was kinda what I started to think after a while..

Idk I guess I really don't know where to start, considering that I've never had a nice mouse before.

I want to start looking at pads but I havent even narrowed down my choices in mice. I feel like I will want a hard pad because right now I use some old cheapie with a plastic surface. Not against cloth, though, I use both.
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
post #806 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidmaxGuy View Post

That was kinda what I started to think after a while..
Idk I guess I really don't know where to start, considering that I've never had a nice mouse before.
I want to start looking at pads but I havent even narrowed down my choices in mice. I feel like I will want a hard pad because right now I use some old cheapie with a plastic surface. Not against cloth, though, I use both.
For mousepads, you should get whatever is the most comfortable one for you. I have an XFX warpad, which clamps to the edge of the table, so that your arm isn't dragging on the corner of the table, and I find it much more comfortable than any other surface.

The advantage to cloth pads is that they provide more friction, so you get more control over your mouse, and this is more important when you are using a lower sensitivity, IMO. Phillips twin eye sensors have trouble on a lot of cloth mousepads. LASER mice also have a lower max tracking speed on cloth pads.

The advantage of hard pads is that they have less friction, which lets your mouse glide across them more easily. I'd strongly recommend one for a Phillips twin eye sensor mouse.
post #807 of 6259
So in the end, I really got attached to my G5 feel;

I play now a healthy mix of fps, mmo, rpg. Increasingly more heavy on twitching for fps.

I have used from 1750 dpi up to 3000dpi , so random acceleration issues don't appear to be something I would notice, does this change what would you recommend?

I'm also looking at a new surface, so recommendations would be great.
post #808 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bius View Post

So in the end, I really got attached to my G5 feel;
I play now a healthy mix of fps, mmo, rpg. Increasingly more heavy on twitching for fps.
I have used from 1750 dpi up to 3000dpi , so random acceleration issues don't appear to be something I would notice, does this change what would you recommend?
I'm also looking at a new surface, so recommendations would be great.
The G5 uses the Avago A6006 sensor, which doesn't have any acceleration issues; it does have a relatively low max tracking speed, though.

If your G5 is working for you, you don't really need a change. You could go for a Logitech G400 if you want a change, but it's probably going to be the exact same at 1800 DPI.

What kind of surface are you looking for? If you want a cloth pad, I find that the XFX warpad is very comfortable with it's arm wrest.
post #809 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

The G5 uses the Avago A6006 sensor, which doesn't have any acceleration issues; it does have a relatively low max tracking speed, though.
If your G5 is working for you, you don't really need a change. You could go for a Logitech G400 if you want a change, but it's probably going to be the exact same at 1800 DPI.
What kind of surface are you looking for? If you want a cloth pad, I find that the XFX warpad is very comfortable with it's arm wrest.

The G5 I loved died a long time ago due to overuse. I caught a good deal on a R.A.T. 7 at a BestBuy for $75. I ended up handing off my iCEMAT to a friend and picking up a Goliathus because the R.A.T. 7 ABSOLUTELY hated any sweat my palm might have left on the iCEMAT.

R.A.T. 7 Died in a huge coffee incident, (Cat I got for my wife for christmas...) and I'm stuck with a $5 generic mouse. I think I would rather go back to a G5-esque mouse over replacing the R.A.T. 7.

I'm stuck between the G400 for the lack of acceleration and the G500 because I loved the grip the G5 gave me, I'm stuck because I haven't looked at mice in many, many years... I have historically used a MINIMUM of 1750 DPI for my FPS gaming which I split with everything else. (I need a DPI switch.)

I'm completely open to whatever surfaces people would like to recommend. I loved my iCEMAT, I really wish I still had it, but at the same time, I can't say that I've been disappointed by the Goliathus Control edition I picked up....
Edited by m0bius - 12/7/12 at 8:44pm
post #810 of 6259
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bius View Post

I have historically used a MINIMUM of 1750 DPI for my FPS gaming which I split with everything else. (I need a DPI switch.)

Can you live with 1600DPI from G400? If not, G500 let you adjust to 1800DPI or up and probably suits you more.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread