Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread - Page 82

post #811 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinbun View Post

Can you live with 1600DPI from G400? If not, G500 let you adjust to 1800DPI or up and probably suits you more.

I don't know, that's cutting it pretty close...





Ok, what if I said I was fairly convinced on a G500? What would everyone say then?

I could really use a new pad.
Edited by m0bius - 12/7/12 at 9:30pm
post #812 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0bius View Post

The G5 I loved died a long time ago due to overuse. I caught a good deal on a R.A.T. 7 at a BestBuy for $75. I ended up handing off my iCEMAT to a friend and picking up a Goliathus because the R.A.T. 7 ABSOLUTELY hated any sweat my palm might have left on the iCEMAT.
R.A.T. 7 Died in a huge coffee incident, (Cat I got for my wife for christmas...) and I'm stuck with a $5 generic mouse. I think I would rather go back to a G5-esque mouse over replacing the R.A.T. 7.
I'm stuck between the G400 for the lack of acceleration and the G500 because I loved the grip the G5 gave me, I'm stuck because I haven't looked at mice in many, many years... I have historically used a MINIMUM of 1750 DPI for my FPS gaming which I split with everything else. (I need a DPI switch.)
I'm completely open to whatever surfaces people would like to recommend. I loved my iCEMAT, I really wish I still had it, but at the same time, I can't say that I've been disappointed by the Goliathus Control edition I picked up....
The G400 appears to be the exact same shape as the G5, so if you liked the shape of the G5, then the G400 would suit you. The only issues I have with the G400 are the scroll wheel and the cable. I wish they would make a mouse with the A3090 sensor that was on the same level as some of their LASER mice.
Quote:
Can you live with 1600DPI from G400? If not, G500 let you adjust to 1800DPI or up and probably suits you more.
The native DPI steps on the G400 are 800, 1800, 3600, and probably 400. So you can use up to 1800 with no interpolation or significant jitteriness.
Edited by Art Vanelay - 12/8/12 at 8:00am
post #813 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

The G400 appears to be the exact same shape as the G5, so if you liked the shape of the G5, then the G400 would suit you. The only issues I have with the G400 are the scroll wheel and the cable. I wish they would make a mouse with the A3090 sensor that was on the same level as some of their LASER mice.
The native DPI steps on the G400 are 800, 1800, 3600, and probably 400. So you can use up to 1800 with no interpolation or significant jitteriness.

Thanks, so I was wrong about it being 1600DPI lol
post #814 of 6310
1. What's your grip style?
Claw on current mouse. Have palmed before on a DeathAdder.
2. What's your sensitivity?
1400 DPI, medium high sens in game.
3. What's your maximum budget?
No real budget, but cheaper is better. Everything's usually on sale on NCIX or NewEgg anyway so it really isn't a problem.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Definitely yes. Don't want a Naga but a couple more than the usual 2 side buttons would be a definite requirement.
5. What games do you play?
LoL and some MMOs from time to time. Haven't played competitive multiplayer FPS in a fairly long time.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Yes, don't want any angle snapping or correction or anything.
7. Other relevant information:
Has to be ergonomic. Onboard memory would be a huge plus. If it's wireless, I'll be using it wired all the time, so that doesn't really matter. Don't really care about the LOD, as I don't typically lift the mouse, but adjustable LOD would be a nice feature to have. If it has LEDs, they have to be RGB customizable. I hate the standard green/blue LEDs and I don't like LEDs turned off. So either RGB lighting or none at all. Cord has to be sized well enough to fit inside a mouse bungee, although I doubt that'll be a problem. On a side note, also trying to stay away from Razer, as only 2/5 of their products that I've purchased are still working, one being a mouse pad. I might reconsider if they have a really outstanding mouse. Currently using a Mionix Ensis 320 Luna as the mousepad.

Thanks!
post #815 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotakueuro View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Claw on current mouse. Have palmed before on a DeathAdder.
2. What's your sensitivity?
1400 DPI, medium high sens in game.
3. What's your maximum budget?
No real budget, but cheaper is better. Everything's usually on sale on NCIX or NewEgg anyway so it really isn't a problem.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Definitely yes. Don't want a Naga but a couple more than the usual 2 side buttons would be a definite requirement.
5. What games do you play?
LoL and some MMOs from time to time. Haven't played competitive multiplayer FPS in a fairly long time.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
Yes, don't want any angle snapping or correction or anything.
7. Other relevant information:
Has to be ergonomic. Onboard memory would be a huge plus. If it's wireless, I'll be using it wired all the time, so that doesn't really matter. Don't really care about the LOD, as I don't typically lift the mouse, but adjustable LOD would be a nice feature to have. If it has LEDs, they have to be RGB customizable. I hate the standard green/blue LEDs and I don't like LEDs turned off. So either RGB lighting or none at all. Cord has to be sized well enough to fit inside a mouse bungee, although I doubt that'll be a problem. On a side note, also trying to stay away from Razer, as only 2/5 of their products that I've purchased are still working, one being a mouse pad. I might reconsider if they have a really outstanding mouse. Currently using a Mionix Ensis 320 Luna as the mousepad.
Thanks!
How about a G400; it's the best for claw grip, in my experience.
post #816 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

How about a G400; it's the best for claw grip, in my experience.
Pretty sure the native steps on the G400 aren't very good for me; 800 is too low and 1800 is too high.
Not sure if going off the native steps is a good idea, tried doing that on my really old DeathAdder and the precision was a little off compared to when on the native steps. That's the main problem I have with optical mice. I considered the Savu but again the native steps weren't really at my dpi range.
post #817 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

For mousepads, you should get whatever is the most comfortable one for you. I have an XFX warpad, which clamps to the edge of the table, so that your arm isn't dragging on the corner of the table, and I find it much more comfortable than any other surface.
The advantage to cloth pads is that they provide more friction, so you get more control over your mouse, and this is more important when you are using a lower sensitivity, IMO. Phillips twin eye sensors have trouble on a lot of cloth mousepads. LASER mice also have a lower max tracking speed on cloth pads.
The advantage of hard pads is that they have less friction, which lets your mouse glide across them more easily. I'd strongly recommend one for a Phillips twin eye sensor mouse.

Ok, I think I might have eliminated my choice down to the G400 or the Savu, I know the G400 is a solid mouse but I dont know as much about the Savu, but it's overall shape appeals to me more... The Savu is more similar in curvature to my old mouse than the G400. The XTD is about the same shape and I like it as well.
Edited by raidmaxGuy - 12/8/12 at 11:50am
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
All Bite, No Bark
(14 items)
 
K9 UN1T
(33 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 7700k GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming EVGA GTX 1070 Hybrid Gaming 16 GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsuning 960 Evo m.2 PCIe SSD Corsair H100 Windows 10 Professional x64 27" Samsung S27D590C Curved 1080p monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" AOC I2757FH 1080p monitor Coolermaster QuickFire TK Coolermaster V750 Corsair H440 Black/Red 
MouseMouse Pad
Fallout 4 Steelseries Rival Hyena Agenda 18" mouse mat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce Gigabyte GTX 770 Superclocked Windforce 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston HyperX T1 G-Skill Ripjaws Sandisk SSD Hitachi Desktar 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda Green Western Digital Asus DVD-RW Corsair H100 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair SP 120 Quiet Edition (x2) Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 140mm White/Red Bitfenix Spectre Pro LED 120mm White/Red (x2) Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
AOC I2757Fh 27" IPS LED 1080p monitor Dell E207WFP 20.5'' TFT LCD monitor CM Storm QuickFire TK Cooler Master V-750 Modular 80 Plus Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master Storm Stryker Roccat Savu HyenaAgenda 18'' gaming mat JVC HA RX700 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G930 Wireless Headset Sound Blaster Z JVC RX-6000V 500W receiver Bose Acoustimass 3 Series III 
OtherOtherOtherOther
SMK LINK Bluetooth 4.0 +EDR Adaptor Logysis Red 12" CCFL Belkin n52te speedpad Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710 
Other
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro 
CPUGraphicsGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6820HK Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 Nvidia GeForce 980m Hynix DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB HGST 7K1000 7200RPM Windows 10 x64 Home Edition IGZO-IPS TrueLife 400 nits UHD display Dell 240W AC Adapter 
CaseMouseAudio
Alienware 17 R3 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Creative Sound Blaster Recon3Di 
  hide details  
Reply
post #818 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotakueuro View Post

Pretty sure the native steps on the G400 aren't very good for me; 800 is too low and 1800 is too high.
Not sure if going off the native steps is a good idea, tried doing that on my really old DeathAdder and the precision was a little off compared to when on the native steps. That's the main problem I have with optical mice. I considered the Savu but again the native steps weren't really at my dpi range.
If you go off of the native DPI steps, then it uses interpolation to achieve those DPI levels. Couldn't you just set it to 1800 DPI and adjust the sensitivity in games to fit you? The G400 tracks pretty well at 1800 DPI,
post #819 of 6310
Quote:
Originally Posted by toekutr View Post

1. What's your grip style?
Clawy-like. I really like the shape of the xornet/spawn and wmo, the g400 shape just feels off to me. It just isn't nearly as agile, and there's no grip so picking it up is awkward.
2. What's your sensitivity?
Well, my wmo was 400dpi and i used 2.2 in CS:S so about 45cm/360.
The xornet freaks out when I make fast swipes, while the wmo only slowed down a bit.
3. What's your maximum budget?
Give me every option.
4. Do you want additional buttons?
Cool, but not necessary.
5. What games do you play?
Well I play every kind of game, but for shooters I play cs and it's variants mostly.
6. Do you mind about prediction?
I'd rather not have any, but if it's really minor, then maybe that's ok. I could be totally wrong, I've never used a mouse with prediction before
so I might hate it. Shape, lod, and tracking speed are more important.
7. Lift off Distance
I never thought lift off distance mattered, until I got the xornet. With firmware 75 it seems to be about 2mm, which is ok.
Less might be better but I'm alright with it now.
Are there any other good mice that are shaped like the wmo?
Should I just get a lighter colored mousepad?
What about the spawn?

Have a look at the Zowie AM. It's a small and light ambidextrous mouse with a solid sensor. It comes in 3 different texture types, AM (full rubber) AM-GS (glossy sides, rubber on top) and AM-FG (glossy all over, is also white).
Peripherals!
(21 items)
  
Reply
Peripherals!
(21 items)
  
Reply
post #820 of 6310
Got a Mionix NAOS 5000 due on Monday. biggrin.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › [Official] The Mouse Suggestion Thread