Right now I've got a Steel Series WoW Mouse (the first one) and I really like it (not love, but like) that is hooked up to my desktop. And I've got a couple of MX 518s that are wonderful--one for my laptop and another that I've got at work.
The thing I like about my WoW mouse is that it has so many buttons that are all programmable. I love that it's huge. I love the thumb rest. What I hate about it is that the metallic paint has worn off of where my pointer and index finger and now it's just the ugly bare white plastic. Also, the right mouse button randomly quit working from normal wear and tear 360 days (I don't get mad and beat on my peripherals and think it's just absurd that some people react that way (sorry if that offends anyone)). Luckily, it was still covered in the 1 year warranty. So the paint on the first one wore through within that 1 year, I've had the new replacement ever since and it looks much worse now (between the two I've had it since it first came out, I don't recall the specifiic date). I also don't like the d-pad for the thumb, I usually have all four directions programmed to the same thing since it's hard to get to the right one quickly when they're all attached. In that regard, I really like how the Steel Series Wow Cataclysm mouse has separate buttons for the thumb, but it's ridiculously expensive now as it's not manufactured and I don't want to buy it because I'm wary of the paint being super bad quality again.
I love my mx 518s, when I use them, I usually don't realize that I don't have all of the bonus buttons on it (though I refuse to use any mouse now with less than 5 buttons). Though I do notice it when I play WoW on my laptop. For the most part, I play more casual games when I'm on my laptop. Also, I haven't worn through the material on either of them and the I've had one for almost 10 years.
So that's my background, I'm looking into replacing my WoW mouse with something that still has extra buttons and doesn't have crappy (said mildly) paint. More info, the Razor Naga isn't an option because I don't want a num-pad under my thumb, I want the buttons laid out, and I like having buttons 4 and 5 at the top of the side--not up next to my index finger like the naga (I'm assuming those are button 4 and 5, I've only seen pictures).
So there's a bunch of information, let's see if you mouse gurus know of a solution that can satisfy my specific tastes.
1. What's your grip style? No idea. As I'm sitting here at my work on my mx 518 it feels like claw, but I doubt that's how I grip my wow mouse since it's so huge.
2. What's your sensitivity? 1600 dpi on my mx518 (its max) 3200 on wow mouse (its max) and I switch to min dpi when shooting at long range (but only for single player games, don't play shooter games online on my pc)
3. What's your maximum budget? negligible
4. Do you want additional buttons? most definitely
5. What games do you play? all kinds. for what the mouse matters for, mostly MMOs, RPGs, and uh, idk, a variety of FPS
6. Do you mind about prediction? don't even know what that is.
Edited by claudekennilol - 12/14/12 at 9:25am