Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › I am in trouble on my internet gaming!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I am in trouble on my internet gaming! - Page 5

post #41 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingEdge View Post
Thanks for that. Also, the Cat7 cables I got cost me all of $10. I am not concerned about the money. I have my full time job taking care of kids, and a part time pushing carts at Wal-Mart just to stay in shape.

I enjoy spending money on gaming and internet speeds. Whatever I can do to MAXIMIZE my gaming is just fine with me. Now I just need to find a dang ISP that will compliment my style.

I live in the 64804 zip code, if anyone can find an ISP ranging in the 50Mbps area, let me know.
You won't need something that fast, once you hit 3-5mbps you will be good for gaming unless you are hosting a big server, and I mean a dedicated server, not just hosting a COD game on xbox. What you'd want to be looking into is the latency and reliability of service.
You should look into your router settings though, you might just have a setting out of whack and not need to pay for a faster connection.

Congrats on your ASVAB, I wish you the best of luck with the army.
Yellow Green
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4/D3 Zotac GTX1080 Amp! Mushkin 8GB DDR3L1600mhz 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Patriot Blast 240GB Akasa Venom Win 10 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Z301C Ducky Year of the Tiger(Cherry Blues) XFX 850W Black Edition Lancool K-63 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Coolermaster Xornet Mionix ULTRA-FI DAC41/Beyerdynamic T70 Akasa Fans x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Yellow Green
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4/D3 Zotac GTX1080 Amp! Mushkin 8GB DDR3L1600mhz 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Patriot Blast 240GB Akasa Venom Win 10 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Z301C Ducky Year of the Tiger(Cherry Blues) XFX 850W Black Edition Lancool K-63 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Coolermaster Xornet Mionix ULTRA-FI DAC41/Beyerdynamic T70 Akasa Fans x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 43
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCloudFuneral View Post
You won't need something that fast, once you hit 3-5mbps you will be good for gaming unless you are hosting a big server, and I mean a dedicated server, not just hosting a COD game on xbox. What you'd want to be looking into is the latency and reliability of service.
You should look into your router settings though, you might just have a setting out of whack and not need to pay for a faster connection.

Congrats on your ASVAB, I wish you the best of luck with the army.
Thank you on all points. You see, I know I might not ever host a 64-man all-out BF3 match on my connection. I just like the option to do so. Same reason I have an SUV. I never haul anything, but I can if I need to.

There is a 99% chance I won't need over a 6Mbps connection. It's the 1% that makes me want something better. I hope that makes sense to everyone. I did everything in my power to remove input lag and controller latency, as you can see by the 1ft. cables, the 1ms monitor, and the vga connection on my 360. Now the only real bottleneck is the ISP.

BTW, how do I adjust the NAT to open? I am at work right now, but I want to do it as soon as I get off.
EF-6
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @3.504GHz Gigabyte 990XA AM3+ USB 3.0, SATAIII HIS Radeon HD 6850 1Gb 256-bit G. Skill Sniper 8Gb (2x 4Gb) @ 1752MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750Gb WD Caviar Black 64Mb 6.0Gbps Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit 27" ViewSonic LED 1ms 1920x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
hec Zephyr MX 750W 80+ Bronze RAIDMAX Tornado Mid-Tower Black/Yellow Logitech G5 Laser (Wired) 
  hide details  
Reply
EF-6
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @3.504GHz Gigabyte 990XA AM3+ USB 3.0, SATAIII HIS Radeon HD 6850 1Gb 256-bit G. Skill Sniper 8Gb (2x 4Gb) @ 1752MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750Gb WD Caviar Black 64Mb 6.0Gbps Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit 27" ViewSonic LED 1ms 1920x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
hec Zephyr MX 750W 80+ Bronze RAIDMAX Tornado Mid-Tower Black/Yellow Logitech G5 Laser (Wired) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 43
Thread Starter 
We have Cable One Cable, and the upgrade to get the 50Mbps download/ 2Mbps upload is $25. That might be the winner.
EF-6
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @3.504GHz Gigabyte 990XA AM3+ USB 3.0, SATAIII HIS Radeon HD 6850 1Gb 256-bit G. Skill Sniper 8Gb (2x 4Gb) @ 1752MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750Gb WD Caviar Black 64Mb 6.0Gbps Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit 27" ViewSonic LED 1ms 1920x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
hec Zephyr MX 750W 80+ Bronze RAIDMAX Tornado Mid-Tower Black/Yellow Logitech G5 Laser (Wired) 
  hide details  
Reply
EF-6
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @3.504GHz Gigabyte 990XA AM3+ USB 3.0, SATAIII HIS Radeon HD 6850 1Gb 256-bit G. Skill Sniper 8Gb (2x 4Gb) @ 1752MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750Gb WD Caviar Black 64Mb 6.0Gbps Samsung DVD-RW Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit 27" ViewSonic LED 1ms 1920x1080 
PowerCaseMouse
hec Zephyr MX 750W 80+ Bronze RAIDMAX Tornado Mid-Tower Black/Yellow Logitech G5 Laser (Wired) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › I am in trouble on my internet gaming!