Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club! - Page 342

post #3411 of 8112
i will do. its gettin on my tits knowing ddr3 is soooo much cheaper than ddr2 frown.gif my board i have now was a bargain so couldnt really turn it down. but once i have enough i will be gettin new cpu and board. as i want a bulldozer to rinse my mates intel set up lol. dont suppose you know of any cheap sites for components too do you? uk prefered smile.gif
post #3412 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willup View Post

I have had a lot of trouble pushing my ram passed auto setting at 1333mhz. Tried all kinds of things and nothing seems to work. Up it to barely only 1600mhz and kept increasing the Dram voltages but cant get passed without bios giving me a instant error. Any tips only trying to get it to 1600mhz

what all have you tried doing ive been able to get my GSkill fully stable at 2260mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v

have you tried working with the timings at all? or using the auto settings for 1600? The ram on bulldozer set ups tends to be VERY finiky it took alot of adjusting to get mine right

I dont know much about your board but if you have auto setting for 1600/1866 ?? try dropping the overclock and adjusting just the ram
post #3413 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer86 View Post

what all have you tried doing ive been able to get my GSkill fully stable at 2260mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v
have you tried working with the timings at all? or using the auto settings for 1600? The ram on bulldozer set ups tends to be VERY finiky it took alot of adjusting to get mine right
I dont know much about your board but if you have auto setting for 1600/1866 ?? try dropping the overclock and adjusting just the ram

Havent messed with the timings at all only cuz Im not familiar with changing such things. Just used auto timings. Need to figure out the correct timings I guess.
post #3414 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willup View Post

Havent messed with the timings at all only cuz Im not familiar with changing such things. Just used auto timings. Need to figure out the correct timings I guess.

ya you might take a look i know my sabertooth had my timings lower than the rated specs when i first put them in. You may need to adjust them toe get your rated speed on the ram

here is a good link that explains all about ram timings
http://www.overclock.net/t/26706/info-ram-timings-for-dummies
post #3415 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by willup View Post

I have had a lot of trouble pushing my ram passed auto setting at 1333mhz. Tried all kinds of things and nothing seems to work. Up it to barely only 1600mhz and kept increasing the Dram voltages but cant get passed without bios giving me a instant error. Any tips only trying to get it to 1600mhz

With bulldozer you should have no problem getting 1866Mhz if thats what your ram is rated at. I have had my ram overclocked to 2200Mhz. BD does very well with ram imo. What is your ram rated at? Have you tried loosening the timings? Try to just set your ram at 1866Mhz without fsb overclock...

You should have no problem getting 1866 at least if thats what your ram is rated at or higher. Even if its 1600mhz you should have no problem getting to 1866Mhz. You may have to loosen the timings a little but you should be able to get 1866 without too much trouble.
FUSION
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Llano A8-3870k ASUS F1A75-M Pro FM1 uATX Corsair Vengeance Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi ASUS DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE247H 24" 1080p Razer Lycosa Corsair CX500 Fractal Define Design R3 ATX 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
FUSION
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
AMD Llano A8-3870k ASUS F1A75-M Pro FM1 uATX Corsair Vengeance Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi ASUS DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VE247H 24" 1080p Razer Lycosa Corsair CX500 Fractal Define Design R3 ATX 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3416 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezachlowe2004 View Post

With bulldozer you should have no problem getting 1866Mhz if thats what your ram is rated at. I have had my ram overclocked to 2200Mhz. BD does very well with ram imo. What is your ram rated at? Have you tried loosening the timings? Try to just set your ram at 1866Mhz without fsb overclock...
You should have no problem getting 1866 at least if thats what your ram is rated at or higher. Even if its 1600mhz you should have no problem getting to 1866Mhz. You may have to loosen the timings a little but you should be able to get 1866 without too much trouble.

its rated for 1600mhz. I know for sure that auto timings wont work, but I will play with it and see what I can find out.
post #3417 of 8112
I did a little stresstest with my FX 8150 @ 4,6GHz, IMC @ 2,6GHz, 4x4GB G Skill Ripjaws Z 1866C9 @ ~1872 9-10-9 28 1T

+4 hrs y-cruncher stresstest with 14,5GB load of ram biggrin.gif

Stable enough for me thumb.gif

469
Edited by Ghostleader - 1/31/12 at 8:19am
The Blue Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2600K cooled by Heatkiller Rev 3.0 LT ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 SC in SLI cooled by Koolance VID-N... 2x4GB G Skill RipjawsX 1600C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB / 250GB + WD Black Caviar 1TB Samsung DVD Win 7 64-bit Samsung 2443BW @ 1920x1200 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Lian Li PC-343B 
  hide details  
Reply
The Blue Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-2600K cooled by Heatkiller Rev 3.0 LT ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe EVGA GTX 580 SC in SLI cooled by Koolance VID-N... 2x4GB G Skill RipjawsX 1600C8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel SSD 510 120GB / 250GB + WD Black Caviar 1TB Samsung DVD Win 7 64-bit Samsung 2443BW @ 1920x1200 
PowerCase
Corsair HX850 Lian Li PC-343B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3418 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD3aDPooLx View Post

FX 8150 / Gigabyte 990fz - ud3 / 8 gb of Patriot Sector 5 1600/
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2222424

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2224275

better oc now. cpu voltage is at 1.5
Edited by xD3aDPooLx - 1/30/12 at 2:53pm
Supernova
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k EVGA Z68 micro sli 2 EVGA GTX 670s Corsair Vengence 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Curcial M4 126gb WD 1tb Koolance 240/360 rad, PMP 450s pump, 370 si blo... 10 Bitfenix Spectre Pro PWN fans 
OSPowerCaseOther
Win 7 x64 NZXT Hale90 v2 1000w Bitfenix Raider - modded Mayhems Aurora SuperNova 
  hide details  
Reply
Supernova
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k EVGA Z68 micro sli 2 EVGA GTX 670s Corsair Vengence 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Curcial M4 126gb WD 1tb Koolance 240/360 rad, PMP 450s pump, 370 si blo... 10 Bitfenix Spectre Pro PWN fans 
OSPowerCaseOther
Win 7 x64 NZXT Hale90 v2 1000w Bitfenix Raider - modded Mayhems Aurora SuperNova 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3419 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezachlowe2004 View Post

With bulldozer you should have no problem getting 1866Mhz if thats what your ram is rated at. I have had my ram overclocked to 2200Mhz. BD does very well with ram imo. What is your ram rated at? Have you tried loosening the timings? Try to just set your ram at 1866Mhz without fsb overclock...
You should have no problem getting 1866 at least if thats what your ram is rated at or higher. Even if its 1600mhz you should have no problem getting to 1866Mhz. You may have to loosen the timings a little but you should be able to get 1866 without too much trouble.

Yup, I got my 1333 ECC RAM up to 1866 and it made a lot of difference in performance. BD likes RAM bandwidth.
Problem is, there's a *lot* of parameters to fiddle with.
My approach was: Set all multipliers to conservative numbers, set the RAM clock to a value that works reliably with stock (SPD/XMP) timings (that was 1666 in my case), then run Prime95 on Blend and slowly increase the clock until it fails (which generally meant a hard lockup), reset, change one parameter, try again. Enter everything in a spreadsheet. That allows you to explore the parameter space but I found that I didn't invest enough time to fully explore it until the next BIOS rev was out which changed everything. I guess I'm not enough of an overclocker, I actually want to use the box for something smile.gif
You need load on the CPU so the IMC gets close to maximum temperatures. I found many settings that were reliable with low CPU load (typical memory tests, even overnight runs) but failed when the CPU got hot. So this means that the CPU multiplier has to be set such that the CPU runs close to max temperatures in the clock range you want to explore.
WS
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Asus Crosshair V ECS GT430 Kingston KVR1333D3E9S/4GEC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Barracuda XT ST33000651AS Corsair Force GT Samsung TS-H653J  Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Delta PFC1212DE-PWM Delta AFB1212HHE-PWM Delta AFC1212DE-PWM San ACE 9SG1212G101 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Debian Wheezy with 3.2 kernel and XFCE4 2x Acer S273HL Unicomp Customizer 104/105 Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define XL Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
WS
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8150 Asus Crosshair V ECS GT430 Kingston KVR1333D3E9S/4GEC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Barracuda XT ST33000651AS Corsair Force GT Samsung TS-H653J  Noctua NH-D14 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Delta PFC1212DE-PWM Delta AFB1212HHE-PWM Delta AFC1212DE-PWM San ACE 9SG1212G101 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Debian Wheezy with 3.2 kernel and XFCE4 2x Acer S273HL Unicomp Customizer 104/105 Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseMouse
Fractal Design Define XL Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3420 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD3aDPooLx View Post

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2224275
better oc now. cpu voltage is at 1.5

Thats what we want to see.
Good work.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club!