Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club! - Page 668

post #6671 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny66 View Post

ž

I with my FX 8120 had score like u @ 4.8Ghz, wich isnt good from Vishera standpoint.
post #6672 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

ž
I with my FX 8120 had score like u @ 4.8Ghz, wich isnt good from Vishera standpoint.

He must have background processes running because his score should be a little higher. Also if his 4.5GHz is the same as your 4.8GHz then I don't see how that's a bad thing.
post #6673 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

ž
I with my FX 8120 had score like u @ 4.8Ghz, wich isnt good from Vishera standpoint.

Well that was just with multiplier raised no voltage change all on normal.

I love this chip i could probably get a higher score but i cant be assed,i did get 8.1 @4.7ghz but the chip got quite hot.

To be honest i could not give a damn about benchmarks its how the cpu works for me that counts.
post #6674 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickg1 View Post

He must have background processes running because his score should be a little higher. Also if his 4.5GHz is the same as your 4.8GHz then I don't see how that's a bad thing.

lol yes good point
post #6675 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

They have the typical AMD temp bug where they don't use a thermometer, they use a sensor and a formula that is only accurate the closer it gets to 60C. Same as every AMD CPU.
Also, don't look at CPU/Socket temp, look at Core temp.

Uhmm.... The core temp? That's the place where AMD HASN'T got a temperature sensor - it's an algoritm based on, I'd guess, load + Vcore and speed.

Just stress your cpu for a bit and take note of the core temps as you stop the stress test: they drop an unbelieveable amount in a matter of seconds. Appart from chilled liquid metal or N2 cooling, I can't think of anything that could suck / dissipate that amount thermal energy as quick from your cpu cores.

No, it might not be accurate, but since it's the closest real thermometer, I'd rather keep my eye on the socket temperature. And since under heavy load (OCCT / P95) it's a couple of degrees over the suposed core temps, and I still manage to keep the socket at 48C, well below the max (don't even really know where that is, to be honest: I just draw the line at 55C max, for the moment).

Everyone has their preference, and while the AMD core temp algorithms may be based on testing and experience by AMD, I prefer to pay heed to real sensor values.
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RyZen 5 1600X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Sapphire R9 290 Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
samsung 840 Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power Arctic Twin Turbo II & Gelid VRM enhancement ki... Win 10 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech K360 SeaSonic 860xp2 Phantom 630 
Mouse
Corsair M90 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asrock AM1H-ITX IGP: AMD R3 Crucial Value 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Sansung 840 WD30EFRX Win 7 64 bit LG 50LB670V-ZA 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Rapoo E9070 Wireless Ultra Slim keyboard Corsair 250D Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(14 items)
 
HTPC
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
RyZen 5 1600X MSI B350M Mortar Arctic Sapphire R9 290 Corsair LPX 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
samsung 840 Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power Arctic Twin Turbo II & Gelid VRM enhancement ki... Win 10 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG248QE Logitech K360 SeaSonic 860xp2 Phantom 630 
Mouse
Corsair M90 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 5350 Asrock AM1H-ITX IGP: AMD R3 Crucial Value 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Sansung 840 WD30EFRX Win 7 64 bit LG 50LB670V-ZA 
KeyboardCaseMouse
Rapoo E9070 Wireless Ultra Slim keyboard Corsair 250D Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6676 of 8112
Regarding the temps. Theres an idea that cores temps + ambiente temperature is about close as it gets to real temperature rolleyes.gif. So cores temps r delta temps between ambiente and temps on CPU. So cores temp of 10C at idle is about 30C real temperature, and load temps of 60C is close to 80C or so, if ambiente is 20C for example.
post #6677 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny66 View Post


Thanks. It's very close to my 8150 at the same speed.


Edited by tw33k - 11/25/12 at 12:21pm
post #6678 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by itomic View Post

Regarding the temps. Theres an idea that cores temps + ambiente temperature is about close as it gets to real temperature rolleyes.gif. So cores temps r delta temps between ambiente and temps on CPU. So cores temp of 10C at idle is about 30C real temperature, and load temps of 60C is close to 80C or so, if ambiente is 20C for example.

62C Core is 62C actual. The formula is only accurate the closer you get to 60, temps as low as ambient will be considerably off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raephen View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

They have the typical AMD temp bug where they don't use a thermometer, they use a sensor and a formula that is only accurate the closer it gets to 60C. Same as every AMD CPU.
Also, don't look at CPU/Socket temp, look at Core temp.

Uhmm.... The core temp? That's the place where AMD HASN'T got a temperature sensor - it's an algoritm based on, I'd guess, load + Vcore and speed.

Just stress your cpu for a bit and take note of the core temps as you stop the stress test: they drop an unbelieveable amount in a matter of seconds. Appart from chilled liquid metal or N2 cooling, I can't think of anything that could suck / dissipate that amount thermal energy as quick from your cpu cores.

No, it might not be accurate, but since it's the closest real thermometer, I'd rather keep my eye on the socket temperature. And since under heavy load (OCCT / P95) it's a couple of degrees over the suposed core temps, and I still manage to keep the socket at 48C, well below the max (don't even really know where that is, to be honest: I just draw the line at 55C max, for the moment).

Everyone has their preference, and while the AMD core temp algorithms may be based on testing and experience by AMD, I prefer to pay heed to real sensor values.

........ Please read what I bolded, then think about it for a minute. Does that even remotely make sense to you? How could AMD possibly be able to know enough about every CPU at all Voltages, speeds, and cooling to guess that?
Edited by KyadCK - 11/25/12 at 1:58pm
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6679 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

62C Core is 62C actual. The formula is only accurate the closer you get to 60, temps as low as ambient will be considerably off.
........ Please read what I bolded, then think about it for a minute. Does that even remotely make sense to you? How could AMD possibly be able to know enough about every CPU at all Voltages and speeds to guess that?

The amount of misinformation in here is simply... appalling.
 
Gsvlip Dudyrm
(15 items)
 
Oda'maksv
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 4.5 1.312 load Zotac Z77 ITX Wifi GTX 1070 Gaming 2126/2249 w/ Hybrid cooler TridentX 16GB 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Seagate 2TB H105 EVGA Hybrid GPU cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus MG279Q - 24" 144Hz 1080p Filco Majestic II w/ Cherry Reds Seasonic X 760W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfelix Prodigy Logitech G400 Razer Goliath AKG A701 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs Objective 2 JDS Labs ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 3.99 (190x21) 1.376v Load ASUS P7P55d-E Pro GTX 670 FTW <- Poor overclocker :( 8GB (4x2GB) G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Evo 128GB 2x 2TB  Some DVD drive OSX 10.10.4 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus 1080P Crap TX 750 HAF 922 G400s 
Mouse PadOther
Apple Keyboard Xbox One controler 
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
C2D 2,26GHz under volted @ .978v 8GB  Crucial M4 64GB SSD 500GB Scorpio Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
OS X 10.0 1280x800 Built-in Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Gsvlip Dudyrm
(15 items)
 
Oda'maksv
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k @ 4.5 1.312 load Zotac Z77 ITX Wifi GTX 1070 Gaming 2126/2249 w/ Hybrid cooler TridentX 16GB 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB Seagate 2TB H105 EVGA Hybrid GPU cooler 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Asus MG279Q - 24" 144Hz 1080p Filco Majestic II w/ Cherry Reds Seasonic X 760W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Bitfelix Prodigy Logitech G400 Razer Goliath AKG A701 
AudioAudio
JDS Labs Objective 2 JDS Labs ODAC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 750 3.99 (190x21) 1.376v Load ASUS P7P55d-E Pro GTX 670 FTW <- Poor overclocker :( 8GB (4x2GB) G.Skill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 830 Evo 128GB 2x 2TB  Some DVD drive OSX 10.10.4 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Asus 1080P Crap TX 750 HAF 922 G400s 
Mouse PadOther
Apple Keyboard Xbox One controler 
CPURAMHard DriveHard Drive
C2D 2,26GHz under volted @ .978v 8GB  Crucial M4 64GB SSD 500GB Scorpio Black 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
OS X 10.0 1280x800 Built-in Trackpad 
Audio
Built-in 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6680 of 8112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyadCK View Post

62C Core is 62C actual. The formula is only accurate the closer you get to 60, temps as low as ambient will be considerably off.
........ Please read what I bolded, then think about it for a minute. Does that even remotely make sense to you? How could AMD possibly be able to know enough about every CPU at all Voltages and speeds to guess that?

The amount of misinformation in here is simply... appalling.

Agreed. It has come from AMD to watch Core temps, so I'm not even sure why this is up for discussion at all.

This is akin to AMD coming out and telling everyone the exact design of the modules, yet people come up with different way it could possibly work anyway.
Edited by KyadCK - 11/25/12 at 1:47pm
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
Forge
(17 items)
 
Forge-LT
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7-5960X (4.625Ghz) ASUS X99-DELUXE/U3.1 EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (3000Mhz 8x8GB) Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB EK Predator 240 Windows 10 Enterprise x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Acer XR341CK Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB Corsair AX1200 Corsair Graphite 780T 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Sennheiser HD700 Sound Blaster AE-5 Audio Technica AT4040 
Audio
30ART Mic Tube Amp 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4720HQ UX501JW-UB71T GTX 960m 16GB 1600 9-9-9-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
512GB PCI-e SSD Windows 10 Pro 4k IPS 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD FX (Bulldozer) Owners Club!