Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Which one was it built to beat?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which one was it built to beat? - Page 3

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post
I'm almost positive there target was the 980X.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rDwXuAINJk

As seen there
http://www.cbscores.com/

i7 980 @ 3.34 = 8.50
i7 980 in video = 5.41

THE CAKE IS A LIE
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagged_Steel View Post
These game benchmarks you posted are all at ridiculously low resolutions. Do YOU play games @ 1024x768???? When tested on modern games at high resolution FX kicks butt. You can go play all the Age of Empires @ 1024x768 at one million fps you want, but for those that are looking for the best possible modern gaming experience there is a new sheriff in town. Get used to it.

Get used to video cards being responsible for resolutions, and not CPUs?
post #23 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Toilet View Post
Get used to video cards being responsible for resolutions, and not CPUs?
I think we should wait for visual reviews
post #24 of 27
Lol, even at overclocked speeds the fx8150 is beaten by a stock 2500k...How can they make it so relatively easy to overclock to 4.8ghz with 8 cores, yet its beaten by a chip with half the cores so easily?

Its like they went out of thier way to make it a crap processor. Suppose it would have helped if thier R&D centre had any money to use to make the chips like.
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #25 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
Lol, even at overclocked speeds the fx8150 is beaten by a stock 2500k...How can they make it so relatively easy to overclock to 4.8ghz with 8 cores, yet its beaten by a chip with half the cores so easily?

Its like they went out of thier way to make it a crap processor. Suppose it would have helped if thier R&D centre had any money to use to make the chips like.
This is just retarded. How do you make an 8 core processor and it still doesn't beat the best 4 core processor out. Jesus AMD. Get a brain.
post #26 of 27
to be honest x3rmlygood I think its largely down to the fact that they made these cpus on the cheap, and in the end they were just hoping we wouldnt run benchmarks before advising people to buy the chips.
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Current rig
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #27 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
to be honest x3rmlygood I think its largely down to the fact that they made these cpus on the cheap, and in the end they were just hoping we wouldnt run benchmarks before advising people to buy the chips.
Lmaooo. People will always run benchmarks. It's like they did this on purpose. It does not add up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Which one was it built to beat?