Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Indie Games Information & Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Indie Games Information & Discussion Thread - Page 6

post #51 of 494
hmm, i like how that works. thanks for info
post #52 of 494
supermeatboy01-1.jpg

Genre: Side Scroller, Arcade, Action
Released on: 20 October 2010
Platforms: PC and Xbox 360
Demo Available: No
Currently: $14.99 on Steam and Direct2Drive
Developed by: Team Meat
Quote:
Super Meat Boy is a tough as nails platformer where you play as an animated cube of meat who's trying to save his girlfriend (who happens to be made of bandages) from an evil fetus in a jar wearing a tux. Our meaty hero will leap from walls, over seas of buzz saws, through crumbling caves and pools of old needles.!

Gametrailer's review PCGamer's review 1UP's review

Screenshots and Vids Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
supermeatboy08.jpg
supermeatboy07.jpg
supermeatboy06.jpg
---
Edited by loop0001 - 11/11/11 at 8:59am
post #53 of 494
Quote:
Slice them, burn them, skewer them, and launch them - no matter how you get it done, orcs must die in this fantasy action-strategy game from Robot Entertainment.


The first little paragraph, is that Orcs Must Die?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.1 MSI Twin Frzr 3 GTX 570 G. Skill 1600 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
F3 Spinpoint 1tb HDD M4 Crucial 64GB Boot Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium Dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder x4 TX750 NZXT Phantom Newegg Special Edition Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudio
Warcraft 3 Battlechest :( AD700's 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k ASUS P8P67 Pro Rev. 3.1 MSI Twin Frzr 3 GTX 570 G. Skill 1600 2x4GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
F3 Spinpoint 1tb HDD M4 Crucial 64GB Boot Drive Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Home Premium Dell u2312hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sidewinder x4 TX750 NZXT Phantom Newegg Special Edition Razer Naga 
Mouse PadAudio
Warcraft 3 Battlechest :( AD700's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by loop0001;15300961 

@ Radiopools
cant agree more on Orcs Must Die...gosh it's fun. but TOUGH.. i dont want to but may have to go to "easy" just to get through the levels for the better towers and go back for the better completion and skull count..
hard to decide which upgrades to get though...ive stored up almost 30 with indecision lol

so far the only DLC ive seen is the Knight's something... different suit and you have a hammer instead, looks cool but i dont use the melee much. so far love the crossbow (tons of headshots) and wind belt.

They finally fixed the DLC prob so I have the new armor now! I like it a lot. I haven't even bothered using the hammer yet because crossbow/wind belt and my 3rd weapon (no spoilers) are way more fun.

I'm mostly competing with a friend of mine who also picked up the game, trying to beat each other's scores. I've 5-skulled everything so far on Normal, but I've been replaying levels instead of progressing because it's just too much fun!biggrin.gif
post #55 of 494
Picked up The Binding of Isaac a few days ago when I had little sleep, I tend to buy more games because I'm too sleepy to care how much they are and normally regret it in the morning. But at $5 it was well worth it. I got a few hours in yesterday and I can see just how addictive this game can be. The only thing I wish it had was a way to choose items you previously found and have an in game description of pills/ cards you've already used so you don't pop a slow pill or boss card on accident.
post #56 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBISHOPx;15314400 
Picked up The Binding of Isaac a few days ago when I had little sleep, I tend to buy more games because I'm too sleepy to care how much they are and normally regret it in the morning. But at $5 it was well worth it. I got a few hours in yesterday and I can see just how addictive this game can be. The only thing I wish it had was a way to choose items you previously found and have an in game description of pills/ cards you've already used so you don't pop a slow pill or boss card on accident.

Sorry but that would ruin the game in the same way driving a truck across a cake would ruin the cake. The whole point of the game is the nethack style randomness, the risks/rewards and the tough decisions. You'll understand this better once you get a few dozen playthroughs done.
post #57 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExposedWang 
The first little paragraph, is that Orcs Must Die?

yes it was, thanks for the catch. all fixed now. :thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiopools;15308844 
They finally fixed the DLC prob so I have the new armor now! I like it a lot. I haven't even bothered using the hammer yet because crossbow/wind belt and my 3rd weapon (no spoilers) are way more fun.

I'm mostly competing with a friend of mine who also picked up the game, trying to beat each other's scores. I've 5-skulled everything so far on Normal, but I've been replaying levels instead of progressing because it's just too much fun!biggrin.gif

good news for the fix man! yeah the different magic you get to use is really fun and i like the ways they used it.

5 skull everything on normal?!?! gosh you're way better than i am.. need to know your secret! to expensive to maze..doesnt work either. really need to layer the defense in the game to. that and always headshot with the crossbow...everything

give up some tips and pointers and favorite towers eh?
post #58 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;15314469 
Sorry but that would ruin the game in the same way driving a truck across a cake would ruin the cake. The whole point of the game is the nethack style randomness, the risks/rewards and the tough decisions. You'll understand this better once you get a few dozen playthroughs done.


lachen.gif @ "a few dozen playthroughs done" lol you crazy!

that is really cool though how they have forced imbalance and stress in the game with randomness.

good news everybody!! i am now a coffee drinker! no more mass ripits or pop/soda/coke/bubbly/what-have-you!!
post #59 of 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica;15314469 
Sorry but that would ruin the game in the same way driving a truck across a cake would ruin the cake. The whole point of the game is the nethack style randomness, the risks/rewards and the tough decisions. You'll understand this better once you get a few dozen playthroughs done.

I was thinking more end game for the items, say you 100% it and just want to mess around more than beat it for the thousandth time. After collecting everything why not let us use those items we only got a few times or even try different combos of items? Or think of it this way, why not let us choose which items will spawn? As for the pills/ cards I'll know what does what eventually so I was just thinking of a way to speed that up. I'd also like steam's in game overlay and the ability to set it for 16:9 + more resolutions but Its only a $5 game so I realize I can't ask for much.
post #60 of 494
In orcs must die, if you get weaver upgraded archers some of the nastier levels suddenly become ridiculously easy. Some levels just don't play nice with a traps only approach.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Indie Games Information & Discussion Thread