Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Intro to my build
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intro to my build - Page 2

post #11 of 30
Thread Starter 
I thought that the original RAM would be fine, but when i tried starting new pc it fired everything up ok, but no display output.
Tried disconnecting hdd and optical drives and booting with just 1 stick of RAM as suggested elsewhere (had the wife on search duty ) no change, tried re-setting motherboard BIOS by removing battery and swapping jumper to re-set mode, also no difference, tried with and without graphics card, still nothing.
Then the wife asked, "are you sure that RAM is compatible"? re-checked asus board manual and choices are pretty specific, i had "CMX" needed "CMP" damnit.
So called scan, who confirmed my ram wasn't suitable and issued rma.
I have now got 4x2Gb corsair DDR3 dual channel 1600 Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.65v which is specifically listed in the Asus manual.

bye for now.....jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 30
Thread Starter 
So, new RAM arrived, fitted one stick, re-set BIOS, switched on.....STILL NOTHING
I just get "no signal" mesage on monitor.
ANY ideas please......am well stuck now

Thanks, jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 30
Thread Starter 
I have removed all components from case and rebuilt on desk, removed and re fitted CPU and Cooler, Tried every combo of RAM, re-set Board (many times) etc.
Last night the board suddenly went beep, DRAM led flashed once, (one stick of RAM in slot B2, PSU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, mouse and monitor only connected, no graphics board) and monitor displayed first "post" message. So i switched it off and re-started fine...great i thought. So i then connected 1x HDD and 1xDVD drive and re-started again...still all fine (one beep' one flash dram led). Next i set DVD drive as boot device, re-started, and loaded Windows7. Took 2 goes to get successful load, re-started (windows boot error, unable to fix or start normally) damn.
At this stage wife suggested i re-build inside the case, before re-loading windows. So i put all back in case fully connected everything (except Graphics card). re-connected monitor, keyboard and mouse, and tried to fire up.......rig starts for about 2 seconds, shuts down for about 3 seconds, then starts up again (no beep, no Dram led flash), and just sits there running (no display, keyboard and mouse dead.
I have tried removing RAM back to 1 stick in B2, disconnecting drives, disconnecting case switches, right down to only having connected same things as when on bench.
Still no joy.........i don't have access to another suitable computer to try components in sadly.
I am at my wit's end now, and have no idea what the problem is.............
PLEASE, any ideas/suggestions welcome.

jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 30
Thread Starter 
Sorry if this thread is a little disjointed, i have copied/pasted from my thread on avforums to save typing all again, and modified to hopefully make sense.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you peeps can offer......

Jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbie19 View Post
I have removed all components from case and rebuilt on desk, removed and re fitted CPU and Cooler, Tried every combo of RAM, re-set Board (many times) etc.
Last night the board suddenly went beep, DRAM led flashed once, (one stick of RAM in slot B2, PSU, CPU cooler, Keyboard, mouse and monitor only connected, no graphics board) and monitor displayed first "post" message. So i switched it off and re-started fine...great i thought. So i then connected 1x HDD and 1xDVD drive and re-started again...still all fine (one beep' one flash dram led). Next i set DVD drive as boot device, re-started, and loaded Windows7. Took 2 goes to get successful load, re-started (windows boot error, unable to fix or start normally) damn.
At this stage wife suggested i re-build inside the case, before re-loading windows. So i put all back in case fully connected everything (except Graphics card). re-connected monitor, keyboard and mouse, and tried to fire up.......rig starts for about 2 seconds, shuts down for about 3 seconds, then starts up again (no beep, no Dram led flash), and just sits there running (no display, keyboard and mouse dead.
I have tried removing RAM back to 1 stick in B2, disconnecting drives, disconnecting case switches, right down to only having connected same things as when on bench.
Still no joy.........i don't have access to another suitable computer to try components in sadly.
I am at my wit's end now, and have no idea what the problem is.............
PLEASE, any ideas/suggestions welcome.

jamie.
are you using motherboard stand off's? Sounds like the motherboard is touching the case.

Edit: maybe forgetting the 8 Pin connector?
post #16 of 30
Thread Starter 
Case is designed with raised mounting points for board screws, if i fitted stand-offs the board wouldn't line up with rear i/o connection panel......board is well away from case.
24 pin and 8 pin connectors fitted, checked, and re-checked.

Any other ideas......(faulty board maybe?)

Thankyou very much for your reply....jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbie19 View Post
Case is designed with raised mounting points for board screws, if i fitted stand-offs the board wouldn't line up with rear i/o connection panel......board is well away from case.
24 pin and 8 pin connectors fitted, checked, and re-checked.

Any other ideas......(faulty board maybe?)

Thankyou very much for your reply....jamie.
If the board works outside of the case, theres no reason it shouldn't inside of the case unless it is grounding it's self on something.

Edit: are you still using four modules of ram? or two modules now? If so put them in the light blue sockets.
Edited by evilDSM - 10/13/11 at 2:58am
post #18 of 30
Thread Starter 
The board wouldn't work outside the case for ages, then one time it suddenly started working, after that it was ok until windows failed to load properly (it was still starting to bios post but windows wouldn't start. I moved it inside case to re-load windows and it went back to refusing to start. (on 2 seconds, off 3 seconds, back on, but no display or power to keyboard.
Think i'm gonna have to talk to supplier and get advice on what to try RMA'ing.
Thanks for your help, will keep y'all posted on any progress.
Oh, i am using 1 stick of RAM in light blue slot 2b.
jamie.
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
ADAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 3.30 Ghz +turbo Asus P8Z68-Vlx Sapphire HD5830 Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz 4X2Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
W/D 500 Gb 7200 6Gb/s Samsung 2Tb 5400 3Gb/s Samsung BD ROM/DVD RW Samsung 22x DVD DL RW Windows 7 64 bit premium Samsung 27" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg V7 Antec Truepower 550w bronze CiT Mars red led Logitech M305 cordless 
Mouse Pad
Black with gel wrist rest 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbie19 View Post
The board wouldn't work outside the case for ages, then one time it suddenly started working, after that it was ok until windows failed to load properly (it was still starting to bios post but windows wouldn't start. I moved it inside case to re-load windows and it went back to refusing to start. (on 2 seconds, off 3 seconds, back on, but no display or power to keyboard.
Think i'm gonna have to talk to supplier and get advice on what to try RMA'ing.
Thanks for your help, will keep y'all posted on any progress.
Oh, i am using 1 stick of RAM in light blue slot 2b.
jamie.
Talk to someone at the RMA department. But try getting it to boot again outside of the case. Just put it on the box it came in, connect everything and install windows.
post #20 of 30
Sounds like it could be a faulty PSU? Have you tried another power supply?

Edit:
If it stopped working immediately after you moved it back into the case something is grounding somewhere. Look very carefully for scratches on the embossed standoffs. I never have liked that kind of standoff as there are a few different layouts for holes.
Edited by Max78 - 10/13/11 at 9:46am
Megapol
(14 items)
 
AMD System
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K @4.7 ~ 1.332V BIOSTAR TP67XE RX 580 Red Devil (8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB ADATA SSD S599 / Samsung F3 1TB Hyper 212+ Win7 64bit BenQ EW2750ZL (27") 
PowerCase
Antec EarthWatts 750W Corsair 230T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 ASUS M3A78EM GTX 460 8GB DDR2 (4x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ 120GB SSD 1TB Samsung F3 Random aftermarket cooler 
  hide details  
Reply
Megapol
(14 items)
 
AMD System
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K @4.7 ~ 1.332V BIOSTAR TP67XE RX 580 Red Devil (8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600 (2x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
128GB ADATA SSD S599 / Samsung F3 1TB Hyper 212+ Win7 64bit BenQ EW2750ZL (27") 
PowerCase
Antec EarthWatts 750W Corsair 230T 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 ASUS M3A78EM GTX 460 8GB DDR2 (4x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ 120GB SSD 1TB Samsung F3 Random aftermarket cooler 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Intro to my build