Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA] Battleblog #13: Multiplayer map reveal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EA] Battleblog #13: Multiplayer map reveal - Page 5

post #41 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oupavoc View Post
jumping off the helipad to the canyon below is going to be sick
It's going to be easy pickings for snipers on the ground.

It'll be a test to see how far you can free fall before chute deployment and not suicide.

The maps look great. I havn't been excited about a game in years.
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly skewed View Post
It's going to be easy pickings for snipers on the ground.

It'll be a test to see how far you can free fall before chute deployment and not suicide.

The maps look great. I havn't been excited about a game in years.
Easy picking? not even in the slightest... it would probably be a LOT harder to hit them from there actually, they are going to be 500+ meters away from you, and you will be using a gun that only gets 1 shot kills if its a headshot, on top of that you will have to compensate for bullet drop at 500+ meters, from a funny angle. I am sure in ALL previous games, the viewing distance would not even reach 500 meters, more like 300, but they have stated it will have the longest draw distance in any of their games so far.

Im more worried about rpg/grenade spamming... although a grenade would probably detonate before it hit the ground...

I wonder if you could drive a jeep off the edge or something

edit: also, theres no way that the defense is going to be stationed DIRECTLY at the bottom of the cliff, because then they could pick you off easily as your falling down, kind of like in that snow map in BC2. I imagine they will be a couple hundred meters further up at least, probably at least 650 meters at least for a sniper to get a hit from the top, if the cliff is 500m high...

Oh and sorry, I just noticed you said "snipers on the ground" not "snipers at the top" my bad

But I will leave my post there anyhow...
Edited by jacobrjett - 10/13/11 at 2:10pm
BF3 RIG
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Asus P8p67 Pro Asus GTX 570 sli Kingston HyperX 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Asus DVD-RW Win 7 x64 Asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic M12D 750w CM Haf 922 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
BF3 RIG
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Asus P8p67 Pro Asus GTX 570 sli Kingston HyperX 8gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung F3 Asus DVD-RW Win 7 x64 Asus vg236h 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic M12D 750w CM Haf 922 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobrjett View Post
Easy picking? not even in the slightest... it would probably be a LOT harder to hit them from there actually, they are going to be 500+ meters away from you, and you will be using a gun that only gets 1 shot kills if its a headshot, on top of that you will have to compensate for bullet drop at 500+ meters, from a funny angle. I am sure in ALL previous games, the viewing distance would not even reach 500 meters, more like 300, but they have stated it will have the longest draw distance in any of their games so far.

Im more worried about rpg/grenade spamming... although a grenade would probably detonate before it hit the ground...

I wonder if you could drive a jeep off the edge or something

I'm guessing you haven't played BC2 then? It's not difficult to pick people off as they float down, even with assault rifles.

I see your edit. I guess we won't really know until we play the map.
Edited by Slightly skewed - 10/13/11 at 2:14pm
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 72
I really like the night time maps I think they look really cool it will be interesting I don't think I've seen too many multi player levels in the night time but really they all look sick
The Money Pit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K (4.5Mhz)  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3  Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 ASUS 24X DVD Burner DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Win. 8.1 Samsung 24" LED SA350 
PowerCase
Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W ThermalTake V9 Black edition 
  hide details  
Reply
The Money Pit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K (4.5Mhz)  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3  Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin ... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 ASUS 24X DVD Burner DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Win. 8.1 Samsung 24" LED SA350 
PowerCase
Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W ThermalTake V9 Black edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusMaximus View Post
I really like the night time maps I think they look really cool it will be interesting I don't think I've seen too many multi player levels in the night time but really they all look sick
It will be a like a disco with everyone using tact lights. You might as well run around with a blind fold on as you won't be able to see anything anyways.
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 72
Oh god, it all looks so good

With the base jumping, no one says you have to open your parachute immediately
post #47 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slightly skewed View Post
I'm guessing you haven't played BC2 then? It's not difficult to pick people off as they float down, even with assault rifles.

I see your edit. I guess we won't really know until we play the map.
Difference is the rifles in BC2 were laser beam accurate, they aren't in BF3. They also have quite a lot of bullet drop, so trying to land a lot of hits on someone isn't going to be that easy, especially if they don't open their parachute until quite late. As for people on the top of that cliff, its a long shot to do on someone on the ground - you've got to get a headshot or two hits without them running around randomly.
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post
If this game were soup, I would want to dip my balls in it.
LOL

Game looks sexy though.
post #49 of 72
Oh man night maps! Do we get to use nightvision or are we playing in the dark with ntohing but muzzle flashes and flashlights and IR lasers?
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
Dev0
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.8 GHz ASUS M4A78-E 790GX PowerColor HD Radeon 7850 2 GB 2x4 GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M500 240 GB SSD Samsung Super WriteMaster DVD Burner 20x Windows 10 Pro x64 ASUS VH226H 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech PC Power & Cooling 500W Antec Three Hundred Modded Microsoft 3-Button Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cheap Soft Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
Difference is the rifles in BC2 were laser beam accurate, they aren't in BF3. They also have quite a lot of bullet drop, so trying to land a lot of hits on someone isn't going to be that easy, especially if they don't open their parachute until quite late. As for people on the top of that cliff, its a long shot to do on someone on the ground - you've got to get a headshot or two hits without them running around randomly.
Laser beam accurate? So exactly like COD then? I can see a group of supports with bi-pod LMG's setting up near the drop zone and going to town. But like I said, we can sit here all day speculating or we can wait and see.
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [EA] Battleblog #13: Multiplayer map reveal