Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GameSpy] Battlefield 3 Beta Interview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[GameSpy] Battlefield 3 Beta Interview - Page 2

post #11 of 21
VOIP is pointless if there are deaf players! LOL biggrin.gif
post #12 of 21
I really hope the audio quality is raised for the battlelog VOIP. It was pretty abysmal in the beta.
post #13 of 21
So when you get into a chopper with someone who you don't know (which pretty will happen all the time), the only way you can communicate with them is to use the comma rose? How often do people not even notice the commands coming from that?

This just seems dumb to not be able to communicate with people in your squad unless you joined the game with them. I mean BF2 had it 6 years ago. Why is a newer, more advanced game having less features than their older games?
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980x (3.9 GHz) Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 770 4GB 6 x 2GB Corsair Dominator (12GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB M4 SSD + 3TB RAID1 Promalitech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual Dell 30" U3011's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 (MX Cherry Red) Corsair TX950w Lian Li PC-Z70B Logitech G5 
Mouse PadAudio
icemat HT Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 980x (3.9 GHz) Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 770 4GB 6 x 2GB Corsair Dominator (12GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB M4 SSD + 3TB RAID1 Promalitech Megahalems Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dual Dell 30" U3011's 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 (MX Cherry Red) Corsair TX950w Lian Li PC-Z70B Logitech G5 
Mouse PadAudio
icemat HT Omega 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 21
Thread Starter 
i think its okay cause the helicopter gets shot down in less then 10 seconds anyways so yeah. Also i think they might implement it in a later patch because right now they still havent implemented everything they have wanted on launch that they have been promising.

Thing is it probably could use another month or 2 of development to get it ready but they set a date and they gotta do some major crunch to even meet that date.
Ghost
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus p8p67 Pro (Rev 3.1) MSI Twin Frozr II Gtx 580 @ 930/2100 G. SKill Ripjaw X 2x4gb 1600mhz cas 8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung Spinpoint f3 1tb SSD: Crucial m4 128gb Windows 7 x64bit Dell u2311h Corsair HX850 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
Ghost
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k @ 4.5ghz Asus p8p67 Pro (Rev 3.1) MSI Twin Frozr II Gtx 580 @ 930/2100 G. SKill Ripjaw X 2x4gb 1600mhz cas 8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung Spinpoint f3 1tb SSD: Crucial m4 128gb Windows 7 x64bit Dell u2311h Corsair HX850 
CaseMouse
NZXT Phantom Logitech G400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003;15295298 
So when you get into a chopper with someone who you don't know (which pretty will happen all the time), the only way you can communicate with them is to use the comma rose? How often do people not even notice the commands coming from that?

This just seems dumb to not be able to communicate with people in your squad unless you joined the game with them. I mean BF2 had it 6 years ago. Why is a newer, more advanced game having less features than their older games?

Agreed. Even if you join a random squad and no one else it talking, you can still talk to them. Wether or not they will listen is another story. But it will save you from using the text chat all the time which takes you out of the game completely while using.
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
Form from chaos
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770K @ 4.6 ASUS ROG HERO 670 SLI 8GB TEAM DDR3 2600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Pro 128GB LG Blu Ray Win 8.1 64 245BW 
PowerCase
Corsair1000W Lian Li tech bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78@pwnt4lif3;15294854 
VOIP is pointless if there are deaf players! LOL biggrin.gif

Judging by how people couldn't tell if a squad member got shot down in the beta, we must have a lot of deaf battlefield players. tongue.gif
Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz Asus P8Z68-v PRO EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate CoolerMaster Silent pro 600W Modular Fractal Design XL 
  hide details  
Reply
Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.3ghz Asus P8Z68-v PRO EVGA GTX 560 Ti DS G.Skill Ripjaws 12GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung F3 1TB 7200RPM Windows 7 Ultimate CoolerMaster Silent pro 600W Modular Fractal Design XL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 21
I still don't understand why they couldn't implement updates into the beta. You'd have a much smoother launch and a hell of a lot less angry people.

We like to see results.
SCTDF
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO GTX 480 G.Skill 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Callisto Deluxe  WD Green 1TB Samsung H-50 w/ AP-14's push-pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Asus VH236H X2 Logitech G15 PC Power & Cooling 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 300 Illusion MODDED Logitech G700 Razer Tron  Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
SCTDF
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO GTX 480 G.Skill 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Callisto Deluxe  WD Green 1TB Samsung H-50 w/ AP-14's push-pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 Asus VH236H X2 Logitech G15 PC Power & Cooling 750W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec 300 Illusion MODDED Logitech G700 Razer Tron  Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodlebro;15296915 
I still don't understand why they couldn't implement updates into the beta. You'd have a much smoother launch and a hell of a lot less angry people.

We like to see results.

They answered that someplace else. The reason is that they had to pass quality testing for PS3 and Xbox 360 before releasing beta and it took a while (was it 6 weeks?).

Now, for me personally, that's quite funny. I do get the logic, but for the PC being the lead platform and not needing extra steps before deploying game and applying updates not taking advantage of it is just moronic.

They showed that they much better have more buggy beta version that would get a lot of unneeded feedback on the features that they might have fixed and might miss any new bugs, which tend to appear every once in a while just not to enrage console users.

For me BC2 beta was so much better and so less buggy than BF3 and for all the issues they make general statements avoiding the issue most of the time. So much for PC being lead platform. Hope it won't be as bad as i see it. I just really don't want to wait 6 month for them to make something out of server browser (battlelog crap) to have at least the basic features like filter options saving, auto-join option etc that were a norm ever since CS days, but for DICE it's too advanced to ask at least for the same thing, since they can't make it better on their own in the 2011.
post #19 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowyn;15297472 
They answered that someplace else. The reason is that they had to pass quality testing for PS3 and Xbox 360 before releasing beta and it took a while (was it 6 weeks?).

Now, for me personally, that's quite funny. I do get the logic, but for the PC being the lead platform and not needing extra steps before deploying game and applying updates not taking advantage of it is just moronic.

They showed that they much better have more buggy beta version that would get a lot of unneeded feedback on the features that they might have fixed and might miss any new bugs, which tend to appear every once in a while just not to enrage console users.

For me BC2 beta was so much better and so less buggy than BF3 and for all the issues they make general statements avoiding the issue most of the time. So much for PC being lead platform. Hope it won't be as bad as i see it. I just really don't want to wait 6 month for them to make something out of server browser (battlelog crap) to have at least the basic features like filter options saving, auto-join option etc that were a norm ever since CS days, but for DICE it's too advanced to ask at least for the same thing, since they can't make it better on their own in the 2011.

BC2 beta was way smaller than BF3 beta.
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
What
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6950X X99 Deluxe ASUS GTX Titan Black 32GB @ 3200 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro Windows 10 Pro x64 Dell UltraSharp U3014 Microsoft SideWinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair AX860 NZXT Switch 810 Mionix Castor Asus Xonar STX + 2x LME49860NA OPs + HD650s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 21
Quote:
GameSpy: A lot of the oldschool, hardcore Battlefield players are asking for an advanced flight model option for choppers and jets – any chance you'll consider this requests?

Lars: For now we're leaving them the way they are, and will let the game live for a little while, then start the communication with the community to see where we stand.

He might as well have said "No." It's not the difficulty of flight models players want, it's open freedom with uncapped flight. We don't like the game preventing us from rolling or turning sideways.

But it's more than that, the speed is capped as well~ the entire flight model is off. If I'm in the helicopter and I turn sideways, to do a sideways roll, then pull back on the stick hard to do a quick 180 after a rocket strike... currently if I try that I fall to the ground because the damn choppers have no speed. It also constantly is trying to auto-level me off.

They added a SHIFT command for more speed from vehicles and jets, the chopper needs it too. It needs something. It's the clumsiest thing they've ever had in this series for the platforms, and we were flying the damn attack choppers. I'm terrified how bad the Superhuey is going to be.
Edited by Inverse - 10/13/11 at 7:15pm
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL i5 2500k @ 4.8 @1.36 ASUS P8P67 EVO BFG GTX 295 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD 750GB, Hitachi 2TB Thermalright Venomous-X Windows 7 Pro 64 ASUS ML248H 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse III COOLER MASTER Silent Pro 700W ANTEC 902 Logitech MX-510 
AudioAudio
ASUS Xonar Essence ST Sennheiser HD595 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [GameSpy] Battlefield 3 Beta Interview