Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Reasons why I should switch to nVidia?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Reasons why I should switch to nVidia? - Page 4  

post #31 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
1. HardOCP benchmarks on Metro 2033 and Deus Ex show identical performance from the 6970 vs 580 at 2560 x 1600 resolution.

Deus Ex:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...mance_review/7

The 580 is 3 FPS faster.

I can't find the particular Metro benchmark (it was a 6990 review and HardOCP search is bugged for me) so here's one at 1920 x 1080:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/..._card_review/8

2-3 FPS difference between 6970 and 580.

AMD tessellation is fine.

2. Gone through 11.2 (since I bought this card) to 11.10 with 0 problems ever.

3. You have 1 game out of this entire year that uses PhysX (Alice).

4. Why would you encode with GPUs anyway? It looks like crap compared to standard CPU encoding:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/t...-2100-tested/9

5. Eyefinity, HD3D, etc.

6. 4870, 5xxx series with DX11, etc.

Stop being an ignorant fanboy.
I'm not being ignorant and fool. I mean, for you: 3d vision isn't an advantage for nvidia. Neither physx nor CUDA are advantages for nvidia. And you also claim the AMD to have drivers as decent as the nvidias one. If that would be the truth, then which would be the point of buying an nvidia? Haha, man stop being so ridiculous and think before talking!

You're being biased, by contradicting each point I gave. Its not like if you would have said "Well I'm in disagree with point 1 and 5 because..." No, you are in disagree with all the points! There is something wrong here man.

Just stop being biased for AMD and look at reality.
Edited by Saizer - 10/13/11 at 4:34pm
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
post #32 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntphoenix View Post
I have a radeon 6970 right now and I'm going to be building a new computer. About 75% of the people I know that build computers have an nVidia and insist I go with it over AMD/ATI this time. What does nVidia have/does better than AMD/ATI? Would the 570 be a good replacement for my 6970 (the 580's price looks ridiculous)? I'm going going to mostly be gaming and watching videos.
Simply to have the best of both worlds. IMO
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
post #33 of 147
Superior tessellation doesn't mean anything if most games don't support it.

Only reason I'd buy an Nvidia GPU is so that the boot-up screens won't irritate me as much.

Not trollin' i'm just petty. I'd just get whatever complimented my CPU and board the most. That and cost. And for those reasons i'm with AMD/ATI.
AMD Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 ASRock AB350M Pro4 Sapphire Radeon NITRO Rx 480 8GB 2x8GB DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Wraith Spire Windows 10 x64 Pro LG 27U68 - 27in - 4K -IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX Red w/ White LEDs Corsair HX1050W Gold Corsair 88R mATX Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
RatPadz XL 
  hide details  
AMD Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 1700 ASRock AB350M Pro4 Sapphire Radeon NITRO Rx 480 8GB 2x8GB DDR4 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 2666 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 960 M.2 Wraith Spire Windows 10 x64 Pro LG 27U68 - 27in - 4K -IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry MX Red w/ White LEDs Corsair HX1050W Gold Corsair 88R mATX Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
RatPadz XL 
  hide details  
post #34 of 147
Oh also I forgot to add something.

6. Most games are optimized for nvidia cards .
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
post #35 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post
I'm not being ignorant and fool. I mean, for you: 3d vision isn't an advantage for nvidia. Neither is physx. And you claim the AMD to have drivers as decent as the nvidias one. If that would be the truth, then which would be the point of buying an nvidia? Haha, man stop being so ridiculous and think before talking!
Yes wonderful nVidia drivers:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvi...ting,9802.html

Another instance:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1330412

This bug existed since December 2009 and wasn't fixed until July 2010. I had a GTS 250 back then and every time I wanted to play Shattered Horizon I had to use drivers from October 2009. G92 cards were bugged and would crash the game and the driver.

PhysX an advantage? I already said only 1 game this year uses it (Alice: The Madness) and it's not that fancy. The only good game that actually uses it well is Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mirror's Edge is decent and yes the PhysX effects there are great. Mafia 2 was trash IMO and aside from the benchmark, there was little PhysX. Other games (like Metro) PhysX is nothing more than an extra particle when firing your weapon.

What's the point of buying nVidia? I'm sorry, I thought consumers were smart people and purchased what they liked or what was at the right price not being blind and ignorant and worshiping a corporation.

The only reason I own a card I own now is because it was at the perfect price point. 6970/570 performance for the cost of a 6950. It's my first ATi/AMD card since the Radeon 9800 Pro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post
You're being biased, by contradicting each point I gave. Its not like if you would have said "Well I'm in disagree with point 1 and 5 because..." No, you are in disagree with all the points! There is something wrong here man.

Just stop being biased for AMD and look at reality.
I'm being biased for countering your argument...

Right... now I've heard everything.
Edited by PvtHudson - 10/13/11 at 4:41pm
LV-426
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k Asrock x79 Extreme6 Gigabyte 6950 unlocked 920/1375 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 2 60 gb + 7.5 TBs of storage Pioneer DVD-RW Cooler Master 212+ Evo Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic 22" 1080p IBM Model M Corsair HX 1050w Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi Creative XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
LV-426
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k Asrock x79 Extreme6 Gigabyte 6950 unlocked 920/1375 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 2 60 gb + 7.5 TBs of storage Pioneer DVD-RW Cooler Master 212+ Evo Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic 22" 1080p IBM Model M Corsair HX 1050w Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi Creative XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
post #36 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by PvtHudson View Post
Yes wonderful nVidia drivers:
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvi...ting,9802.html

Another instance:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1330412

This bug existed since December 2009 and wasn't fixed until July 2010. I had a GTS 250 back then and every time I wanted to play Shattered Horizon I had to use drivers from October 2009. G92 cards were bugged and would crash the game and the driver.

PhysX an advantage? I already said only 1 game this year uses it (Alice: The Madness) and it's not that fancy. The only good game that actually uses it well is Batman: Arkham Asylum. Mirror's Edge is decent and yes the PhysX effects there are great. Mafia 2 was trash IMO and aside from the benchmark, there was little PhysX. Other games (like Metro) PhysX is nothing more than an extra particle when firing your weapon.

What's the point of buying nVidia? I'm sorry, I thought consumers were smart people and purchased what they liked or what was at the right price not being blind and ignorant and worshiping a corporation.

The only reason I own a card I own now is because it was at the perfect price point. 6970/570 performance for the cost of a 6950. It's my first ATi/AMD card since the Radeon 9800 Pro.
Buying an ati is like buying an AMD processor: You buy it because its cheaper. But you're not buying the best. And don't tell me that BZ is better than SB becase, haha, SB came almost one year ago. Ivy bridge will kick BZ's ass.

And that's the truth. If you want the best, go for nvidia. If you want to buy something cheaper get an amd.
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
post #37 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post
Buying an ati is like buying an AMD processor: You buy it because its cheaper. But you're not buying the best. And don't tell me that BZ is better than SB becase, haha, SB came almost one year ago. Ivy bridge will kick BZ's ass.

And that's the truth. If you want the best, go for nvidia. If you want to buy something cheaper get an amd.
Never compare an AMD processor to an AMD graphics. Big difference. And who writes stuff like? Buying the best.... go nvidia. What are you a little spoiled kid? Think....
Liquid
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4 x 4Gb Corsair Dominator 1866MHz Samsung 830 256GB LG DVD Burner Win 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
DELL U3011 DELL U3011 DELL U2410 Ducy Shine 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Platinum 1200W Silverstone FT03 G500 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
Audio
Yamaha HS80m 
  hide details  
Liquid
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k ASUS Rampage IV Gene EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V EVGA GTX480 @ 900MHz @ 1.1V 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4 x 4Gb Corsair Dominator 1866MHz Samsung 830 256GB LG DVD Burner Win 7 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
DELL U3011 DELL U3011 DELL U2410 Ducy Shine 2 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Enermax Platinum 1200W Silverstone FT03 G500 Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
Audio
Yamaha HS80m 
  hide details  
post #38 of 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saizer View Post
Instead of having an intelligent discussion I am going to ignore all of the points you made, all the evidence you provided, and everything you said and insult you while praising my brand with no reason whatsoever aside from the fact that I own it and worship it.
That's how you sound like.

I'm done with you.

And why bring processors into this? I never said anything about Bulldozer. And I know its trash.

That's the difference between you and me. You're a blind fanboy for God knows what reason. Having no brand loyalty allows me to see the strengths and weaknesses of individual products regardless of what color or name is stamped on it. It makes me a better consumer.
LV-426
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k Asrock x79 Extreme6 Gigabyte 6950 unlocked 920/1375 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 2 60 gb + 7.5 TBs of storage Pioneer DVD-RW Cooler Master 212+ Evo Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic 22" 1080p IBM Model M Corsair HX 1050w Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi Creative XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
LV-426
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k Asrock x79 Extreme6 Gigabyte 6950 unlocked 920/1375 16gb G.Skill DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 2 60 gb + 7.5 TBs of storage Pioneer DVD-RW Cooler Master 212+ Evo Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ViewSonic 22" 1080p IBM Model M Corsair HX 1050w Cooler Master HAF X 
MouseAudio
Razer Lachesis 4000 dpi Creative XtremeMusic 
  hide details  
post #39 of 147

Haha Cryostasis without physx looks ridiculous.

Few games supporting physx?

2 Days to Vegas
Adrenalin 2: Rush Hour
Age of Empires III
Age of Empires III: The WarChiefs
Alpha Prime
Auto Assault
Backbreaker
B.A.S.E. Jumping
Bet on Soldier: Blackout Saigon
Bet on Soldier: Blood of Sahara
Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport
Beowulf
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years' War
Captain Blood
Cellfactor: Combat Training
Cellfactor: Revolution
City of Villains
Crazy hines II
Cryostasis
Dark Physics
Desert Diner
Dragonshard
Dusk 12
Empire Above All
Empire Earth III
Entropia Universe
Fallen Earth
Fury
Gears Of War
Gluk'Oza: Action
GooBall
Gothic 3
Gunship Apocalypse
Heavy Rain
Hero's Jorney
Hour of Victory
Hunt
Huxley
Infernal
Inhabited island: Prisoner of Power
Joint Task Force
Kuma\\WAR
Magic ball 3
Mass Effect
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Metro 2033
Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia
Monster Truck Maniax
Myst Online: URU Live
Open Fire
Paragraph 78
Pirates of the Burning Sea
PT Boats: Knights of the Sea
Rail Simulator
Red Steel
Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends
Roboblitz
Sacred 2
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened
Showdown: Scorpion
Silverfall
Sovereign Symphony
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Speedball 2
Stalin Subway
Stoked Rider: Alaska Alien
Switchball
Tension
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter GRIN
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 GRIN
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (multiplayer)
Tortuga: Two Treasures
Two Worlds
Ultra Tubes
Unreal Tournament 3
Unreal Tournament 3: Extreme Physics Mod
Warfare
Warmonger: Operation Downtown Destruction
W.E.L.L. Online
Winterheart's Guild
WorldShift

That big list are games that support physx. 83 games, yeah, not so many. Haha.
Edited by Saizer - 10/13/11 at 4:52pm
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
post #40 of 147
"Buying an ati is like buying an AMD processor: You buy it because its cheaper. But you're not buying the best. And don't tell me that BZ is better than SB becase, haha, SB came almost one year ago. Ivy bridge will kick BZ's ass.

And that's the truth. If you want the best, go for nvidia. If you want to buy something cheaper get an amd."

I hear someones mom calling them. Time for your bath!
__________________
Time Consumer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T Crosshair IV Formula HD6970 CU II Patriot Division 2 Viper Xtreme 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120 GB Kingston Hyper X (OS/Program files/Origin) 64 GB Kingston V series  1TB Western Digital Black (Stuff that could get... Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Samsung 27" LED (SA550) G19 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec DF85 G700 Onkyo TX-NR509 via AMD HDMI 
  hide details  
Time Consumer
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T Crosshair IV Formula HD6970 CU II Patriot Division 2 Viper Xtreme 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
120 GB Kingston Hyper X (OS/Program files/Origin) 64 GB Kingston V series  1TB Western Digital Black (Stuff that could get... Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Samsung 27" LED (SA550) G19 Corsair HX850W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec DF85 G700 Onkyo TX-NR509 via AMD HDMI 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Reasons why I should switch to nVidia?