Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA GTX 570 Classified SLI Installed HOT
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA GTX 570 Classified SLI Installed HOT

post #1 of 27
Thread Starter 
Alright I got these puppies installed. I flashed it with the new firmware, if you have a classified, get it, it opens up 100% fan and increases the default voltage slightly. As I was told, they are EXTREMELY snug and not surprisingly my temps are pretty bad. Playing BC2 with the fan on auto it got up to 87 and 85 degrees which is nuts. If I play with the fan at 80-100% it gets down to 50's and 60's. If you haven't heard it, 2 570's at 100% fan is EXTREMELY loud. Considering these temperatures I can only assume I won't be able to overclock at all which is a big disappointment as one of the benefits of the classified is it will overclock pretty high. Even without overclocking, I don't want to have to run my fans at 80-100% just to keep the temperatures decent. I had looked into water cooling before and I think I would need something like the XSPC 360 with an additional radiator to support my cpu and 2 gpus. Is this really my only option at getting these temps down (that's probably 500 dollars) aside from getting a new motherboard?

Edit:quick side note, when I first started playing I parts of the screen got a reddish hue in stripes across my screen a couple times. It didn't appear again after the first couple times it happened. Any ideas what that could be?

Thanks
Edited by Jarobata - 10/13/11 at 10:40pm
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 27
Create a custom fan profile with afterburner or EVGA precision, have it hit like 65-70% at 80*C and you should be ok. I ran Tri-sli 570's in a crap airflow case with a heavy OC and had no issues keeping them under 80*C give or take a few even after hours of gaming. Make some of your case fans intake and let the cards to the exhausting so they get plenty of cool air. The P183 should have enough fans to do it, just turn them all around as illogical as it sounds. Good positive pressure works wonders for blower-style fans.
post #3 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarobata View Post
Alright I got these puppies installed. I flashed it with the new firmware, if you have a classified, get it, it opens up 100% fan and increases the default voltage slightly. As I was told, they are EXTREMELY snug and not surprisingly my temps are pretty bad. Playing BC2 with the fan on auto it got up to 87 and 85 degrees which is nuts. If I play with the fan at 80-100% it gets down to 50's and 60's. If you haven't heard it, 2 570's at 100% fan is EXTREMELY loud. Considering these temperatures I can only assume I won't be able to overclock at all which is a big disappointment as one of the benefits of the classified is it will overclock pretty high. Even without overclocking, I don't want to have to run my fans at 80-100% just to keep the temperatures decent. I had looked into water cooling before and I think I would need something like the XSPC 360 with an additional radiator to support my cpu and 2 gpus. Is this really my only option at getting these temps down (that's probably 500 dollars) aside from getting a new motherboard?

Edit:quick side note, when I first started playing I parts of the screen got a reddish hue in stripes across my screen a couple times. It didn't appear again after the first couple times it happened. Any ideas what that could be?

Thanks
Put your cards into the 1st and 3rd slot.
This should give both cards enough air flow to keep those temps and fan speed down.
Back Breaker
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32V Asus Z87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Classified G.SKill Ares DDR3 2x4 GB 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Western Digitial Caviar Black 1TB Samsung F3 1TB Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung S27B970D Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 850W Black Edition 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Stormtrooper Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Back Breaker
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz - 1.32V Asus Z87 Deluxe EVGA GTX 780 Classified G.SKill Ares DDR3 2x4 GB 2400mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB Western Digitial Caviar Black 1TB Samsung F3 1TB Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit Samsung S27B970D Logitech G710+ XFX Pro 850W Black Edition 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Stormtrooper Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 27
U can be very happy my gfx hit 97C° on both gfx are fans on 100%
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 Gigabyte r9 280x Kingston HyperX blu DDR3 8GB 1600 Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 640GB Blue Vertex 3 240 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Dell 2209wa LC Arkangel 850W Enermax Chakra Sennheiser HD 598 
Other
Creative X-FI Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500K Asus P8Z68-V Gen3 Gigabyte r9 280x Kingston HyperX blu DDR3 8GB 1600 Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD 640GB Blue Vertex 3 240 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseOther
Dell 2209wa LC Arkangel 850W Enermax Chakra Sennheiser HD 598 
Other
Creative X-FI Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 27
With the p183 you may mount a fan in the middle drive bay. The cage becomes a tunnel to push or pull air from the front and blow directly at the cards.

For your wcing consideration .... I have a Phobya 200mm radiator to keep my 2 570s under 50C with stock clock (~60C if oc to 900). I prefer silent; so both the 180mm fan and the pump are set to minimum speed.
650D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4B3 GTX 980  G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 730 SSD 480GB  Corsair H80 + 2 x Nexus 120mm Fans EK Full Cover Block Phobya 200mm Rad + SST AP181 Fan  
OSPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64bit Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
650D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4B3 GTX 980  G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 730 SSD 480GB  Corsair H80 + 2 x Nexus 120mm Fans EK Full Cover Block Phobya 200mm Rad + SST AP181 Fan  
OSPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64bit Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 27
incorrect placement of fans?

cable management?
Personal Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 3.5ghz MSI P55 GD65 Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce Corsair XMS3 8GB C9 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 640 GB Sony DVD-RW Win 7 Professional 64 Bit LG w2261vp-pf 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO tenkeyless Corsair 650TX HAF 922 SteelSeries XAI 
Mouse Pad
STEELSERIES HD9 
  hide details  
Reply
Personal Computer
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 3.5ghz MSI P55 GD65 Gigabyte GTX 670 windforce Corsair XMS3 8GB C9 1600MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 640 GB Sony DVD-RW Win 7 Professional 64 Bit LG w2261vp-pf 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO tenkeyless Corsair 650TX HAF 922 SteelSeries XAI 
Mouse Pad
STEELSERIES HD9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazzaq2004 View Post
Put your cards into the 1st and 3rd slot.
This should give both cards enough air flow to keep those temps and fan speed down.
I can put it in the third slot? Can you point me at some information regarding this? That would be huge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
With the p183 you may mount a fan in the middle drive bay. The cage becomes a tunnel to push or pull air from the front and blow directly at the cards.

For your wcing consideration .... I have a Phobya 200mm radiator to keep my 2 570s under 50C with stock clock (~60C if oc to 900). I prefer silent; so both the 180mm fan and the pump are set to minimum speed.
I have a 120mm Fan in the middle drive bay with the cage removed. Do you think I'd see a benefit by squeezing the cage in?

So you did an H80 for your CPU and a second loop for your 570s?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengore View Post
incorrect placement of fans?

cable management?
Perhaps I'll take a picture so you guys can critique
Edited by Jarobata - 10/14/11 at 7:02am
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 27
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qazzaq2004 View Post
Put your cards into the 1st and 3rd slot.
This should give both cards enough air flow to keep those temps and fan speed down.
The other slot is x4:



Or is it:
One card in first slot = 16x
Card in first slot and second or third slot = 8x/8x
Three cards = 8x/8x/4x
???

Edit: that would actually be double awesome because having a card in the second slot makes the front audio header unreachable.
Edited by Jarobata - 10/14/11 at 7:11am
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @ 4.0GHz eVGA P55 SLI 2 x GTX 570 Classified 900/1800/2000 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 1600MHz 
PowerCase
Antec HCG 750W Antec P183 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarobata View Post
I have a 120mm Fan in the middle drive bay with the cage removed. Do you think I'd see a benefit by squeezing the cage in?
Yes slightly.... by mounting the fan at the middle (using the mounting bracket supplied) instead of at the front of the case.

Quote:
So you did an H80 for your CPU and a second loop for your 570s?
I only put the gpus under water after I got the second 570. I had the same you are experiencing now. I couldn't stand the noise and didn't even attempt to increase the voltage given the temp.

I am now planning to move the H80 to the non-gaming rig and get another 200mm to the loop with the cpu. So this will eliminate a fan and a pump
650D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4B3 GTX 980  G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 730 SSD 480GB  Corsair H80 + 2 x Nexus 120mm Fans EK Full Cover Block Phobya 200mm Rad + SST AP181 Fan  
OSPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64bit Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
650D
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4B3 GTX 980  G.Skill 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Intel 730 SSD 480GB  Corsair H80 + 2 x Nexus 120mm Fans EK Full Cover Block Phobya 200mm Rad + SST AP181 Fan  
OSPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64bit Corsair AX850 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 27
I would give the card a shot in the x4 slot. If you notice no performance difference it might be a solution. I really recommend turning most if not all of your case fans around to intake, I succeeded in running tri-sli in an air cooler 800D with very good temps (34-40*C idle, 62-68*C load) like that.

Also, another thing you can try is hanging a 120mm fan off of the top card to help push some air at them. Also, try to find a hard SLI bridge as it forces the cards apart a little more allowing more airflow as you can see like in my old rig:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA GTX 570 Classified SLI Installed HOT