Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › nVIDIA Cards for Film Editing (confused, desperate, etc.)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

nVIDIA Cards for Film Editing (confused, desperate, etc.) - Page 7

post #61 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
Your original statement that I quoted:

An OC'd 2600k does it in 165 seconds; a stock 990x does it in 188 seconds.

You're wrong; just say "I was wrong, I'm sorry" and move on...

Ugh; reminds me of a post I came across earlier:
Wow, so instead of actually supplying good information you'd rather pic on a bull**** semantic.

In an office of over 30 PC's I've benched that our stock 980x and 990x beat the OC'd 2600ks...Most of our 2600k's are OC'd to 4.0ghz.

Perhaps you should go into politics...You sure are good at "smoke and mirrors"...And considering clock for clock the 990x destroys the 2600k in every single category I absolutely don't see/understand what your argument caters to...Other than "proving me wrong" on 1 review...Congratulations.

According to your chart, I'm incorrect...According to reality, I'm still //100%// correct.

Any professional in this field will actually agree with me because time is an incredible amount of money and this is a concept you obviously fail to comprehend.
post #62 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilly View Post
Please do not do this !!!! it does not work. The quadros are specialized for 3d rendering ect.Know i know i'm in a different field but the geforce performance in autodesk products 3ds max and the like is absolutly awful and unworkable.

When we were building our work machines we fell into this trap/ myth. after a lot of emails and support calls with Nvidia and Autodesk they basically told us Geforce Will work with profesional tools but will not provide the optimal experiance. Trust me thats an understatement if there ever was one.

For example viewport fps in the new 3dsmax 2011 latest geforce drivers on GTX480's 3.4 fps. so installed quaddro drivers 3fps........

Anyway in the end we bought quaddros and wow there is so much difference between these products. i am sat here with ~1 million polygons on screen close to 200fps.

The Quaddros are expensive and there is a reason for it because they are professional products.

Anyone feels like testing go download 3ds max 2011 trial and take a look, draw a simple poly and add a few particle sources then scroll the timeline now thats a slide show.

The story is the same i'm told with our graphics guys who work in Adobe CS5 all day, they also swear by the quaddros.

Now i can't comment on ATi's offerings as we have never used them but i will suggest if your using you pc for serious work get a serious card.

Kind regrads
Thank you. I make a living with these tools. I think I know them.
post #63 of 84
The CS5 benchmarks PROVE YOU TO BE WRONG; end of story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I'm incorrect
Good job!
Edited by jlells01 - 10/20/11 at 7:35am
post #64 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger S. View Post
Thank you. I make a living with these tools. I think I know them.
Sorry i was not attempting to sound condersending in any way i was just hoping to protect the OP from making a mistake by wasting money on a geforce.

OOOO yeeah i also make a living by these tools
Skylake build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII RANGER EVGA GTX 1080 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum Samsung 960 evo M.2 NVME Western digital Black Corsair H100i V2 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro X64 Corsair K70 Lux EVGA 750 G2L Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Sabre  Corsair MM300 Senheiser GSP350 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700K MAXIMUS VIII RANGER EVGA GTX 1080 Classified Corsair Dominator Platinum 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Dominator Platinum Samsung 960 evo M.2 NVME Western digital Black Corsair H100i V2 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro X64 Corsair K70 Lux EVGA 750 G2L Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Sabre  Corsair MM300 Senheiser GSP350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #65 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
The CS5 benchmarks PROVE YOU TO BE WRONG; end of story.

Good job!
The sad thing is...I can find 100 reviews that prove me right but, I don't feel like going back and forth with stupid, it offends me.

Gluck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghilly View Post
Sorry i was not attempting to sound condersending in any way i was just hoping to protect the OP from making a mistake by wasting money on a geforce.

OOOO yeeah i also make a living by these tools
The Quadro's make an incredible difference in rendering, actually...And I do agree with these guys.

I'd suggest looking into the 6000 series, great performers...

Especially when coupled with that 2600k's will make a tremendous difference!
post #66 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
The sad thing is...I can find 100 reviews that prove me right but, I don't feel like going back and forth with stupid, it offends me.
Right...

Lovely how when the data doesn't support your beliefs, personal attacks are what you resort to; classy.

So, instead of finding one Premiere Pro CS5 (or 5.5) benchmark, just one that supports what you're saying ("the 2600k will ALWAYS lose hands down in encoding, even an OC'd 2600k to a stock 990x, it just doesn't have the lanes to handle it")...you'd rather sit here and shout that the benchmark I provided (from Xbit Labs) is wrong because it doesn't match your own version of reality? If you can "find 100 reviews", how long will it take you to find just one?

What you're doing now is nothing more than a disservice to this community by spreading misinformation.
Edited by jlells01 - 10/20/11 at 7:49am
post #67 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
Right...

So instead of finding one Premiere Pro CS5 (or 5.5) benchmark, just one that supports what you're saying ("the 2600k will ALWAYS lose hands down in encoding, even an OC'd 2600k to a stock 990x, it just doesn't have the lanes to handle it")...you'd rather sit here and shout that the benchmark I provided (from Xbit Labs) is wrong because it doesn't match your own version of reality? If you can "find 100 reviews", how long will it take you to find just one?

What you're doing now is nothing more than a disservice to this community by spreading misinformation.
So let me understand this before I put you on ignore.

You provide a chart in which, I'm incorrect under the shown overclocks...Which, is 100% situational...But, otherwise proves my statement and general message that the 980x/990x beat the 2600k in all facets and I'm wrong?

The I7 990x was 15 seconds faster clock for clock than the 2600k at 4.6ghz.
The I7 990x was faster at a LOWER under-clock @4.2ghz when compared to the 2600k @4.4ghz ~ By over 15 seconds.
The I7 990x was 30 seconds faster, 30 when compared @ stock.

But, you're claiming I'm "lying" because the stock 990x does not beat your 100% situational overclock?

From Tom's:







Now we move onto Transcoding from Xbit:







Note that at STOCK the 990x "ties" the 2600k at it's MAX overclock according to Xbit.

Now please, go back to your hole because I'm no longer responding to the idiocy that surrounds the 990x being "beaten" by the 2600k...It's not reality.

That being said, I recalled a review I read about Quadro when I originally made our media machine and while it's on autodesk's forums and only the 5-series, I think you'll appreciate the review itself...It will show/showcase a lot of the differences pre-fermi which, actually haven't changed at all.

Autodesk

Now, you will suffer in gaming using a Qadro so, if you're going to "use" this computer that way, I'd get 2 monitors...Put the Quadro on 1 monitor and have a 580 on the other.

From what I've heard this IS possible and VIA that solution, you can accomplish both tasks.
post #68 of 84
Thread Starter 
Alright I've got the build for a 2600K PC, and the price went down $300. I think I will go with this instead.

With that said, jlells, get the **** out of my thread you obnoxious little twit. Shut your god damn mouth and walk out, you just sound like a pretentious ass chucking your statistics chart as if it were your favorite quote from the bible. The only reason you're being a whining piss-mobile is because I refused to agree with your piece-of-crap PC build. Benchmarks and statistics, benchmarks and statistics, benchmarks and statistics, you're a broken record and I think we're all ready to take you out to the backyard and put you down with the back of a hammer.

Jesus H. Christ, and I came into overclock.net thinking that I had finally found a MATURE FORUM
post #69 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
Now please, go back to your hole because I'm no longer responding to the idiocy that surrounds the 990x being "beaten" by the 2600k...It's not reality.
You made the statement that a 990x will always beat a 2600k; that's false, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfwog View Post
Alright I've got the build for a 2600K PC, and the price went down $300. I think I will go with this instead.

With that said, jlells, get the **** out of my thread you obnoxious little twit. Shut your god damn mouth and walk out, you just sound like a pretentious ass chucking your statistics chart as if it were your favorite quote from the bible. The only reason you're being a whining piss-mobile is because I refused to agree with your piece-of-crap PC build. Benchmarks and statistics, benchmarks and statistics, benchmarks and statistics, you're a broken record and I think we're all ready to take you out to the backyard and put you down with the back of a hammer.

Jesus H. Christ, and I came into overclock.net thinking that I had finally found a MATURE FORUM
Funny; I've been around here years longer than both of you...I'll once again provide a quote by the esteemed CD:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
I remember when you could log onto OCN and start a thread and get good solid answers. Not BS and misinformation. Which is all I see in this thread.
For sure, I'm sorry to see the place coming to this.
post #70 of 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
You made the statement that a 990x will always beat a 2600k; that's false, period.
Okay, prove to me that CLOCK FOR CLOCK a 990x is not superior to the 2600k in overall encoding and I will drop this completely.

Again, I want a FAIR comparison, clock for clock...Not your skewed statistics, clock for clock analysis.

Which, I provided MANY charts on clock for clock analysis that you have yet to acknowledge or comprehend...

Until that happens, you're on ignore...Which is good because I won't have to deal with this stupidity on these forums anymore...

For our Quadro, I found a sample 6000 series for far less and we're actually using that for the media machine right now.

PNY honors their workstations and supports them wonderfully.

For YOU, I'd search for the 5-series...Again, I'd contact PNY and see what they'll do for you about a "used" warranty transfer but, most of the time business wise, it's "okay" once you contact them and ask about it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › nVIDIA Cards for Film Editing (confused, desperate, etc.)