I suppose I should tell the whole embarrassing story:
I'm still in the process of trading my motherboard (Asus Sabertooth 990FX) for a Gigabyte 990X-UD3 with a little cash on the side and I still don't have the board in yet, It hadn't even occurred to me during the initial talk with the other party, to ask whether they had a license or not so we could swap licenses. No big deal right? Nope I failed to notice he was using Linux and I even though I got overnight shipping on the UD3 It didn't come in today like it should have. So I don't physically have the board and I'm about to be leaving the house to ship off my motherboard and I came across this disturbing problem.
The question here: Should I just wait for the UD3 then ship it back to him at a cost out of my pocket or should I take the chance that Microsoft will transfer the license to the new Board?
The Problem: The computer I'm on is currently still using the Sabertooth up until the last moment because this is my only computer, my laptops charger is broken so I'll be out of a computer now for a few days which is not fun to say the least.