Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Is my card DYING? (asus 6850) *SOLVED*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is my card DYING? (asus 6850) *SOLVED*

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
suddenly i have this message whenever i try to run ANY 3d application:
"display driver stopped responding and has recovered"
so i cannot open any 3d app/game it crashes.

for example i run furmark, it freezes for second, screen goes black for second, turns on with message: "display driver stopped responding and has recovered", furmark not seen but process running & using 25% cpu... something strange, msi kombuster same thing.

i have latest battlefield 3 driver (11.10 preview2) which worked perfectly since its first installed, i played battlefield 3 beta, bad company 2 and rage with this driver with no issues.

my cpu and ram was overclocked - disabled oc - still same issue
gpu was overclocked 900/1150 - disabled oc - still same issue
uninstalled msi afterburner - still same issue
reinstalled driver - still same issue
reinstalled msi afterburner - still same issue

also strange thing - movies & youtube 1080p works good, it clocks to default speed 790/1000 which should mean 3d profile working good but in apps/games it crashes.


strange cause i did not install anything lately and oc settings worked stable, even now i set all oc's to default nothing 3d not working.

i suspect hardware failing - i have asus eah6850 v1, i can't return it cause i replaced cooling.


any help will help
Edited by bnmbnm - 10/15/11 at 4:38am

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmbnm View Post
suddenly i have this message whenever i try to run ANY 3d application:
"display driver stopped responding and has recovered"
so i cannot open any 3d app/game it crashes.

for example i run furmark, it freezes for second, screen goes black for second, turns on with message: "display driver stopped responding and has recovered", furmark not seen but process running & using 25% cpu... something strange, msi kombuster same thing.

i have latest battlefield 3 driver (11.10 preview2) which worked perfectly since its first installed, i played battlefield 3 beta, bad company 2 and rage with this driver with no issues.

my cpu and ram was overclocked - disabled oc - still same issue
gpu was overclocked 900/1150 - disabled oc - still same issue
uninstalled msi afterburner - still same issue
reinstalled driver - still same issue
reinstalled msi afterburner - still same issue

also strange thing - movies & youtube 1080p works good, it clocks to default speed 790/1000 which should mean 3d profile working good but in apps/games it crashes.


strange cause i did not install anything lately and oc settings worked stable, even now i set all oc's to default nothing 3d not working.

i suspect hardware failing - i have asus eah6850 v1, i can't return it cause i replaced cooling.


any help will help
Try disable "hardware acceleration" in Youtube.
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
Try disable "hardware acceleration" in Youtube.
youtube is the only thing that working good for me.
other games/apps not working while explorer/firefox is not running at all.


is hardware acceleration in flash related to games/apps which dont use flash at all? i don't think so..

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmbnm View Post
youtube is the only thing that working good for me.
other games/apps not working while explorer/firefox is not running at all.


is hardware acceleration in flash related to games/apps which dont use flash at all? i don't think so..
Have you tried to disable it?
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
Have you tried to disable it?
yes now i tried. its not related. its not even logical that it would help...

i disabled h/w acc. both in firefox and explorer, reset pc and made sure its still disabled but still 3d apps/games not working.

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmbnm View Post
yes now i tried. its not related. its not even logical that it would help...

i disabled h/w acc. both in firefox and explorer, reset pc and made sure its still disabled but still 3d apps/games not working.
Try to boot with only one stick of RAM and run the program that crashes. Try each stick and every stick. Could be a faulty RAM.

Edit:

Try to disable UAC since you are using preview driver.
Edited by Ken1649 - 10/15/11 at 1:57am
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 9
I dont know if it would help But have you tried adding some voltages to the card on stock clocks?, im just wondering if it could be degradation. not sure if thats even common for a gpu tho
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
Try to boot with only one stick of RAM and run the program that crashes. Try each stick and every stick. Could be a faulty RAM.

Edit:

Try to disable UAC since you are using preview driver.
problem solved, thanx anyway!

btw uac was disabled and ram was good

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed117 View Post
I dont know if it would help But have you tried adding some voltages to the card on stock clocks?, im just wondering if it could be degradation. not sure if thats even common for a gpu tho
i did try 1.250v did not help



PROBLEM SOLVED


long story short i installed driver 11.9 and it solved the problem.


first i was sure that driver is not the reason cause i used this driver since its released, played week bf3 beta with this driver and all was good. suddenly it started giving me this error so i was sure hardware failing maybe cause it was oc'd all the time but apparently with ati software also degrading with time.....

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply

(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-540 Asus P7H55-M/USB3 Asus EAH 6850 1GB Kingston HyperX 4x2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 1TB SATA3 Asus 24B1ST DVDRW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit AOC 23" e2343 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 800 Seasonic X650 Gold Sharkoon T9 Value Black Razer DeathAdder 3.5G 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 9
Congratz glad you got your card working.
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1800x ASUS Prime 370 Pro RX 480 Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 850 Pro  None Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CMStorm Quick Fire. CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Is my card DYING? (asus 6850) *SOLVED*