Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Fudzilla] Core i7 3960X is up to 36 percent better than i7 990X
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Fudzilla] Core i7 3960X is up to 36 percent better than i7 990X - Page 8

post #71 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
Main reason why i've decided to go SBE. I want 6 cores.
I do too, but i just can't bring myself to spend the dough, as i have both a 2600k and a 2500k!

I am primarily a gamer, fyi
post #72 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinomori View Post
Due to faildozer, i doubt we will see a 6core IB processor...

Sad news i know.
Why wouldn't we see them? There will be IBE, just as there SBE.

Mainstream will always adopt new technology first whereas enthusiast will get more potent solutions of older tech with newer mainstream tech trickling down.
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 139
Why do these companies always want it to be like 50% better or 36% in this case than the previous generation product? They should be quiet and see what they reach, otherwise they only put a lot of pressure on themselves.
post #74 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
Why wouldn't we see them? There will be IBE, just as there SBE.

Mainstream will always adopt new technology first whereas enthusiast will get more potent solutions of older tech with newer mainstream tech trickling down.
Ofcourse there will be IB-E...

If we were talking about enthusiast, we would've said so...

IB will remain 4c/8t on the top-of-the-line mainstream CPU as there would be no need to cut into the enthusiast market by releasing a 6c mainstream processor.
post #75 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishinomori View Post
Ofcourse there will be IB-E...

If we were talking about enthusiast, we would've said so...

IB will remain 4c/8t on the top-of-the-line mainstream CPU as there would be no need to cut into the enthusiast market by releasing a 6c mainstream processor.
In a thread i posted yesterday i speculated that if Intel were to release a 6 core IB on 1155 all they would have to do is not allow it to have HT and the 3930K would still be attractive.
post #76 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post
Gaming there almost the same, only in synthetic and multithreaded apps the 990x demolishes the 2600k.
What a n00b, in general performance the 2600K wins, in gaming the 2600K kicks the 990x ass, in Audio Processing 2600K blows up the 990x, in video trans-coding and rendering the 990x wins but not by a big difference (a 15% faster).

And you know what: The 990x consumes more power (a 40% more), has less overclocking and, above all:

i7 2600K: $315
i7 990x: $1000

Want to know the proof of concept? http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu...x_7.html#sect0

There you have your proof .
Edited by Saizer - 10/15/11 at 12:42pm
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
My Console Killer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K EVGA P67 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590 G-Skill Ripjaws+ 4GB + Trubulence II Fan 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
G. Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bits Samsung 17' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Wireless Microsoft Keyboard OCZ 750W Modular Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Wireless Microsoft Mouse 
Audio
Creative SB Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
In a thread i posted yesterday i speculated that if Intel were to release a 6 core IB on 1155 all they would have to do is not allow it to have HT and the 3930K would still be attractive.
Indeed, i was thinking along these lines as well, but they have no competition, why would they even bother!
post #78 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnography View Post
Guys your mistaking 2 chips here.

3960K = $580
3960X = $1000 ish

Both are unlocked

This is about the X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillz Here View Post
You mean $400 more? There's literally no reason to buy the 3960X over the 3960K when they're virtually the same processors.
Guys, it's 3930K, not 3960K.

Yes, the difference is only an extra 3MB cache on the 3960X, plus a slightly faster stock speed. ( 100 MHZ ) 3930K is definitely the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolas11x12 View Post
Why do these companies always want it to be like 50% better or 36% in this case than the previous generation product? They should be quiet and see what they reach, otherwise they only put a lot of pressure on themselves.
They're not putting pressure on themselves, if you read the article, it explains where the 36% came from, as well as the 101% improvement. But on average it's 10% - 15%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
In a thread i posted yesterday i speculated that if Intel were to release a 6 core IB on 1155 all they would have to do is not allow it to have HT and the 3930K would still be attractive.
They don't do it, because they don't have to, IB on 1155 is an APU, and their focus is mainly on increasing the GPU.

If Bulldozer delivered, they'd find a way to get a cheaper 6 core on 1155, but, that's what happens when you have no competition. I was waiting for Bulldozer, and actually wanting it to succeed for this very reason.

Intel can't monopolize the market either. They're happy with their 80/20 lead, and 95/5 in the server market.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010rig View Post
They don't do it, because they don't have to, IB on 1155 is an APU, and their focus is mainly on increasing the GPU.

If Bulldozer delivered, they'd find a way to get a cheaper 6 core on 1155, but, that's what happens when you have no competition. I was waiting for Bulldozer, and actually wanting it to succeed for this very reason.

Intel can't monopolize the market either. They're happy with their 80/20 lead, and 95/5 in the server market.
Intel hasn't had competition since 2006 on mainstream and they still released cheap amazing products.
post #80 of 139
Impressive wish I had the $$$ to get one lol!
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Afterburner
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme 4.5Ghz Asus X99 Pro SLI Titan Xp Kingston HyperX 16GB 2400 DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
3X Samsung 850 EVO 1TB WD 2TB Black DVD/RW Combo Corsair H110i GT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate Dell 3415W 21:9 Das Keyboard Ultimate Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC-A77FA Logitech G9x Evga Titan Signature Pad DT 990 Creative Ti HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [Fudzilla] Core i7 3960X is up to 36 percent better than i7 990X