Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim - Page 9  

post #81 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou View Post
We probably won't see JF around here anymore because there are a bunch of immature, rude fantards on this forum.
I am actually pissed off about this.
He was a solid guy who did his best and we cant fault him for the failings of other people, and if you get mad over marketing spin you may want to look back at most of the history of technology.
This is selective amnesia people. Plain and simple.

But, just like with everything, all it takes is a few idiots to ruin something good.

JF, Please stay, at least on OCN.
We value your input and I for one, have always enjoyed how you approach answering questions. You are one of the few pseudo-marketing people I have seen who is obviously genuine, and I truly appreciate.


Quote:
Originally Posted by greed View Post
lots of cpus and boards were already available months ago.

withholding information from customers is the same as being dishonest.

lots of investments from from individual buyers started pouring in when the 990 boards came out.

not cool in my book
Withholding info from customers is buisness. Especially in the Tech industry whicn is almost as secretive as the flavor industry. Get used to it.
Dont blame him for people being silly.
If you want to sink $150+ into a new platform before you have ANY idea how it will preform, you are more than welcome to. But dont get upset when your decision made out of willful ignorance burns you. That is 100% your fault for not waiting and being an educated consumer.
Every time I see someone with a 990FX board talking about being an educated consumer I cringe because the VAST majority of them were bought to put an untested and overhyped processor into, not for the features added.
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
Micro Mule
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k MSI Z170I Gaming Pro AC Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
250GB Crucial MX200, 960GB Adata , 1TB WD Black Noctua NH-L12 LG 27UD68 4k Seasonic M12II 620W 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech Performance Mouse MX Topping TP-30 Mk2, 2x Polk M10, Sony MDR-7506 
  hide details  
post #82 of 152
People should never take Rumens seriously no matter who they come from. Evem if you ask AMD now they will say there is nothing wrong with BD and its very competitive.
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
Ishimura
(21 items)
 
Silent Knight
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX eVGA GTX 1080 Ti Hybrid AMD Radeon R9 16GB DDR3-2400MHz  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Toshiba X300 5TB Corsair H100i GTX eVGA Hybrid Water Cooler  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
4x GentleTyphoon AP-15 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Philips Brilliance BDM4065UC 4K Razer BlackWidow Chroma  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
eVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 Define Nano S Logitech G502 Proteus Core PECHAM Gaming Mouse Pad XX-Large 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Audioengine D1 DAC Mackie CR Series CR3 Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Sennheiser HD 598 
Audio
Sony XB950BT 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 4.2GHz ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB @ 1200/1500 2x 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OCZ Agility 3 60GB WD Caviar Green 1.5TB 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB XSPC Raystorm 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
EK-FC7970 XSPC RS360 Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Corsair TX750 
Case
NZXT Switch 810  
  hide details  
post #83 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
Here's proof he posted it elsewhere. The man has a problem with truth. He was called out within five posts if you read the rest of that thread. (post 106 is his, 110 called him on it)

Proof: http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost...&postcount=101 "I have said it several times. IPC WILL BE HIGHER. "
There is a lot of evidence that promotes a hardware flaw within Bulldozer that hampers performance. The delay we had summer was because of a flaw that would cause the hypertransport to flood and slow down. I have not seen any evidence that shows that particular defect has been fixed.
post #84 of 152
Did anyone actually read what he wrote? He shared with us what he knew at the time which turned out to be wrong. Big deal. This is him trying to inform us.
post #85 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post
People should never take Rumens seriously no matter who they come from. Evem if you ask AMD now they will say there is nothing wrong with BD and its very competitive.
Actually in the context of applications BD owns 2500k in productivity apps.

Its in the Anandtech review. it outscores the competition in that area. so for people like me who use lots of content creation and productivity apps, BD is a winner. for gamers its a mixed bag. BD delivers FPS good enough for almost all gamers with a few exceptions.

So as I have said before in this forum, buy what suits your needs.

BTW the IPC increase might not be a lie if you evaluate the performance improvements in fma/xop/ etc.

it really depends on the context of the question JF-AMD posed to the engineer in question and how the engineer responded.

Life is not black and white.
post #86 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramComplex View Post
Why attack a person who works for a company but give information on "his own free time" and doesn't veer away from his NDA. I think people should be glad that we've got a person who directly works for AMD to give us a little bit more information than most sites or forums can offer.

If you're going to send hate mail to someone send it to the marketing people that decided to go with the "FX" name or even to the higher-ups that said "yes" to the marketing campaign.

I for one do not resort to hate-mail or personal attacks of any kind. I've done enough of those in my younger years.

People need to realize that JF is sharing what he knows from the inside that normally you wouldn't be able to get as a non-AMD employee.

If he lied about something at least tell him in a civilized manner...no need for respect just be civil about it.

Are we regressing as a species back to the old barbaric ages?
First off, I agree with you when you say hate mail is juvenile. I'm not e-mailing or PM'ing him and berating him.

Second, the problem lies in the fact that the information he shared turned out to be wildly misleading.

Third, I'd like to point out he -is- part of the marketing department at AMD. Surely he's not the guy that decided on the FX name or anything of the sort, but he was giving a false impression of his company's upcoming product. A product the community had been waiting for, chops wide open.

If AMD was paying him to spread the misinformation, then both need to be blamed. However he insists he did it, as you say, "on his own time" therefore he's going to get the backlash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcool63 View Post
People are real idiots sometimes.. Hate mail?? If you dont like BD then shut up and get lost!! What purpose does it serve in sending hate mails?? Was he personally responsible for creating BD or its low IPC??

Get some sense into your heads people.. Dont kill the messenger just because the message was bad!!
So if I don't like a product I'm not allowed to talk about it or the way it was launched? I have to "get lost"? Do you own this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
Yes, you need to grow up. Quit being a little girl and wipe your tears. Bulldozer isn't what we expected, big deal. It means nothing to me to buy Intel over AMD. What AMD needs more than a high end enthusiast part is market share. If you really want a stong AMD, you should show more enthusiasm their mainstream components, because that is where the money is made. Can you grasp basic economics?
You're calling me a "little girl" then telling me to "grow up"? I wish I could be like you.

I've already stated I want a strong AMD. I have plenty of enthusiasm for their mainstream products. Mobile Llano is awesome. However...

I'm not sure why you think *I* am on trial here. I wasn't the one spreading the information, remember? Also, this thread isn't about our opinion of AMDs financial situation. You might want to check the thread title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poisoner View Post
There is a lot of evidence that promotes a hardware flaw within Bulldozer that hampers performance. The delay we had summer was because of a flaw that would cause the hypertransport to flood and slow down. I have not seen any evidence that shows that particular defect has been fixed.
I agree wholeheartedly with you here. See, now we're getting somewhere. Speaking like adults.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCollins View Post
Its in the Anandtech review. it outscores the competition in that area. so for people like me who use lots of content creation and productivity apps, BD is a winner.

Life is not black and white.

Definitely agree with those two points.

But it is really power hungry, the 2600k may be cheaper in the long run. Doubly so if you overclock them as far as you can.
Edited by pursuinginsanity - 10/15/11 at 11:47am
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
post #87 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhh View Post
The only people that really have a right to be upset at him and/or AMD are the ones that went out and got a new 990fx board based on the info they provided to the community.
What? Nobody is responsible for your wallet but yourself. While using excessive complaining might have worked at 5 years old, you would think at the very least people would adapt more advanced tactics by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
Regarding 990fx, you still got a better board. Not only does it support SLI, but it supports it at x16 x16. It's a better board overall, and you got a nice upgrade.

There is no excuse for being childish and attacking people.
Also this. CHV is much more pleasant than the 790GX board I was using.

If you look at ANYONE's post history on this forum, there will be an instance where they will provide misinformation based on what information they believe at the time.

There's no need to run someone off who actually believes in the spirit of being an enthusiast, simply because you lack the maturity to function in society. How many things could JF have done in the time it took to share information with the community and help people understand the underlying technology/implementation of a new product? Instead he chose to believe that this community appreciates vendor outreach and that we find value in new information.

Unfortunately, he seems to be wrong about that one too.
Waiting on X399
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B57 @ X4 3.9 Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Sapphire Radeon 290 8 GB G.Skill 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
250 GB 840 EVO Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Logitech K350 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x750 Corsair 600T Logitech G100s Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Plantronics Gamecom 788 
  hide details  
Waiting on X399
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B57 @ X4 3.9 Gigabyte 790FXTA-UD5 Sapphire Radeon 290 8 GB G.Skill 2133 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
250 GB 840 EVO Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 Logitech K350 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic x750 Corsair 600T Logitech G100s Razer Goliathus Speed 
Audio
Plantronics Gamecom 788 
  hide details  
post #88 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
First off, I agree with you when you say hate mail is juvenile. I'm not e-mailing or PM'ing him and berating him.

Second, the problem lies in the fact that the information he shared turned out to be wildly misleading.

Third, I'd like to point out he -is- part of the marketing department at AMD. Surely he's not the guy that decided on the FX name or anything of the sort, but he was giving a false impression of his company's upcoming product. A product the community had been waiting for, chops wide open.

If AMD was paying him to spread the misinformation, then both need to be blamed. However he insists he did it, as you say, "on his own time" therefore he's going to get the backlash.
I agree on some points, there are too many variables to account for; in this case the topic title. Misleading information is based on the fact that either:

a.) he was misinformed
b.) he was paid to do so

If he was paid to do so then sure, blame him, he's just doing his job, if you worked for AMD and AMD told you the same thing to tell everyone would you do it (w/ the risk of getting repercussions if you didn't)? I for one would do it if it was part of my "job description". And if it was...then I myself would get ready for the fact that people will be attacking me personally based on what I spread as "information" regarding the company's product.

The fact that he spoke out and said he was getting tired of all the PM's and hate-mail may be proof that "he" himself was misinformed about the performance of the product.

My $0.02
Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
post #89 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post




Definitely agree with those two points.

But it is really power hungry, the 2600k may be cheaper in the long run. Doubly so if you overclock them as far as you can.
My time is worth more then the $2-3 a month my bill might see.
post #90 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droogie View Post
Only he didn't lie to them. AMD might have, but he did not. He never gave any numbers. He would constantly push the NDA, and said that stating anything one way or the other would violate it. He couldn't give any info, and people believed what they wanted to believe.

There's a big difference between expressing anger and attacking someone/harassing them. So, yes, they should be banned.
QFT In case anyone missed this or are still rambling on and on about how JF "lied" to everyone.
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim