Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim - Page 10  

post #91 of 152
So. Much. Pretentious. Nonsense.

Listen here, people; JF-AMD doesn't owe any of you anything. The fact that he took time out of his own day, without an sort of obligation, to give you information about AMD's new CPU means you already received more than you deserved.

The fact that some of you are rationalizing any sort of hate for the guy is completely without any logic or common sense: he was just doing his job! If any blame is to be placed, it's on AMD themselves for deceiving you; ergo, hate mail and any sort of unhappiness should be directed to them, NOT JF-AMD.

What retarded logic; that's like going to McDonald's, finding a bug in your food and raging at the cashier. lolwut?

Here's the best part: the guy even had enough character and decency to man-up and admit he was wrong, among the other things he addressed, and some of you are still directing hate at him.

I'm actually in awe right now at some of these responses. We need some volunteers to be sent on behalf of all the intelligent people on this forum to take you guys out for a nice afternoon of electric shock therapy. You know, just to get to get some of you back on track...

/thread.
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
post #92 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
What retarded logic; that's like going to McDonald's, finding a bug in your food and raging at the cashier. lolwut?
/thread.
I work at a McDonald's, and yes this happens A LOT...not about bugs tho :/
Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Intel System 2011
(18 items)
 
AMD System 2009
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II X4 630 Propus @ 3.5Ghz Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H Rev.1 ASUS EAH5450 SILENT/DI/512MD2(LP) 4x2GB G.Skill NQ DDR3 PC 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Momentus XT LG GSA-H30N Scythe Samurai ZZ Rev.B Win7 x64 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG CS 460 - 32" LCD TV Microsoft Reclusa Gaming Keyboard Thermaltake TR2 750w Fractal Design Core 1000 
Mouse
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
post #93 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
So. Much. Pretentious. Nonsense.

Listen here, people; JF-AMD doesn't owe any of you anything. The fact that he took time out of his own day, without an sort of obligation, to give you information about AMD's new CPU means you already received more than you deserved.

The fact that some of you are rationalizing any sort of hate for the guy is completely without any logic or common sense: he was just doing his job! If any blame is to be placed, it's on AMD themselves for deceiving you; ergo, hate mail and any sort of unhappiness should be directed to them, NOT JF-AMD.

What retarded logic; that's like going to McDonald's, finding a bug in your food and raging at the cashier. lolwut?

Here's the best part: the guy even had enough character and decency to man-up and admit he was wrong, among the other things he addressed, and some of you are still directing hate at him.

I'm actually in awe right now at some of these responses. We need some volunteers to be sent on behalf of all the intelligent people on this forum to take you guys out for a nice afternoon of electric shock therapy. You know, just to get to get some of you back on track...

/thread.
I think you made an error in your statements. JF's sig stated it best, he may work for AMD, but his opinions are his own. When he went to various forums and posted what info he could on BD were what he knew without breaking NDA, that much is certain. But you say he posted that as if it were his job, that's incorrect. He posted it only because he wanted to enlighten the enthusiast community about BD and how as a person working on the server end may give some insight to the Desktop/Client end enthusiasts, on his own free time. He wasn't getting paid to post on forums about BD to us.

Problem is that he should have realized this is the internet. You better be prepared for heat when things backfire. BD destroyed many people's expectations due to it underperforming/underwhelming for desktop/client. I figure it's excellent for server, but that's not the people he was trying to reach on his own time. Part of it is his fault, and while he accepted it, he should have never dealt with this community in the first place if he couldn't stand the heat. So now he's staying out of the kitchen.

Were the hate mails and other things unwarranted? Yes, but expected? Absolutely. Live and learn.
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASROCK P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 Sapphire 7950 Dual X 8GB GSkill Ripjaws@8-9-8-23 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
GSKILL Phoenix Pro 120gb SSD, 3x 1.5TB hdd, 2tb Samsung 24x dvd-rw Thermalright Silver Arrow with 3 TY-140 fans Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 40" Aquos LCD TV as main monitor 2 ASUS 2... Thermaltake TT eSports Meka G1 Corsair TX750 HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
G400 Artisan Hien VE L Samurai Black 
  hide details  
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASROCK P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 Sapphire 7950 Dual X 8GB GSkill Ripjaws@8-9-8-23 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
GSKILL Phoenix Pro 120gb SSD, 3x 1.5TB hdd, 2tb Samsung 24x dvd-rw Thermalright Silver Arrow with 3 TY-140 fans Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 40" Aquos LCD TV as main monitor 2 ASUS 2... Thermaltake TT eSports Meka G1 Corsair TX750 HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
G400 Artisan Hien VE L Samurai Black 
  hide details  
post #94 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
I think you made an error in your statements. JF's sig stated it best, he may work for AMD, but his opinions are his own. When he went to various forums and posted what info he could on BD were what he knew without breaking NDA, that much is certain. But you say he posted that as if it were his job, that's incorrect. He posted it only because he wanted to enlighten the enthusiast community about BD and how as a person working on the server end may give some insight to the Desktop/Client end enthusiasts, on his own free time. He wasn't getting paid to post on forums about BD to us.

Problem is that he should have realized this is the internet. You better be prepared for heat when things backfire. BD destroyed many people's expectations due to it underperforming/underwhelming for desktop/client. I figure it's excellent for server, but that's not the people he was trying to reach on his own time. Part of it is his fault, and while he accepted it, he should have never dealt with this community in the first place if he couldn't stand the heat. So now he's staying out of the kitchen.

Were the hate mails and other things unwarranted? Yes, but expected? Absolutely. Live and learn.
In application benchmarks BD does very well. so maybe it doesn't meet the expectations of Gamers, but for people who actually do work with their PC's, it looks like they might be getting a great deal.
post #95 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCollins View Post
In application benchmarks BD does very well. so maybe it doesn't meet the expectations of Gamers, but for people who actually do work with their PC's, it looks like they might be getting a great deal.
Depends on what applications, if you mean things that truly take advantage of multi core/threaded things like Adobe products, rendering, etc. Sure, we've all seen the benches, but on some other apps (not even talking about games) it won't do as good. Let's also not forget about that power draw..

I was so looking forward to BD too, but I decided to go for my 2500k and after seeing BD benches, I'm another relieved person who switched. I am hoping Piledriver and Steamroller do better in the future, but that remains to be seen.
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASROCK P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 Sapphire 7950 Dual X 8GB GSkill Ripjaws@8-9-8-23 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
GSKILL Phoenix Pro 120gb SSD, 3x 1.5TB hdd, 2tb Samsung 24x dvd-rw Thermalright Silver Arrow with 3 TY-140 fans Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 40" Aquos LCD TV as main monitor 2 ASUS 2... Thermaltake TT eSports Meka G1 Corsair TX750 HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
G400 Artisan Hien VE L Samurai Black 
  hide details  
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k ASROCK P67 Extreme 4 Gen3 Sapphire 7950 Dual X 8GB GSkill Ripjaws@8-9-8-23 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
GSKILL Phoenix Pro 120gb SSD, 3x 1.5TB hdd, 2tb Samsung 24x dvd-rw Thermalright Silver Arrow with 3 TY-140 fans Win7 X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 40" Aquos LCD TV as main monitor 2 ASUS 2... Thermaltake TT eSports Meka G1 Corsair TX750 HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
G400 Artisan Hien VE L Samurai Black 
  hide details  
post #96 of 152
I am so getting turned off here at OCN lately. The trolling and disrespect to other members is way out of control.
post #97 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by CramComplex View Post
The fact that he spoke out and said he was getting tired of all the PM's and hate-mail may be proof that "he" himself was misinformed about the performance of the product.

My $0.02
Quite possible this may well be the case. But his claims of "on his own time" are naturally going to lead the backlash his way. I'm not justifying hate mail, but simply pointing out: people will be upset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCollins View Post
My time is worth more then the $2-3 a month my bill might see.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy MG View Post
QFT In case anyone missed this or are still rambling on and on about how JF "lied" to everyone.
He didn't give any numbers, MG, but he kept on insisting increases. "More" or "10% more" are both misleading if the actual number is "10% less." ( I hope that explains my point well enough.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
-Snipped-
My problem with him is multiple cases of misleading or (downright incorrect) information.

He claimed SB-E wouldn't be out this year, yet everyone is stating a Nov. 15th release. He claimed Intel said Q4 for Ivy's launch, but what they actually said was Ivy would be in prod. in Q4, and available in 2012. (it takes quite a while to go from wafer to finished product - several months) And then on top of that, the IPC increases, and claims of improved power consumption.

Then he has the nerve to call the folks pointing out his errors "idiots"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
Were the hate mails and other things unwarranted? Yes, but expected? Absolutely. Live and learn.
This is what I've been trying to say as well. The backlash was coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbatim81973 View Post
I am so getting turned off here at OCN lately. The trolling and disrespect to other members is way out of control.
I try to treat others the way they treat me. If they're rude, I'll be rude. If they're nice, I'm nice.
Edited by pursuinginsanity - 10/15/11 at 12:31pm
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
Why upgrade?
(14 items)
 
Why overclock?!
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 760 ASUS 55i Sabertooth EVGA 960 4GB 8gb 1600mhz Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
120gb Intel 320 (OS) 500gb Samsung 850 Evo Win 7 64 Viewsonic VX2250-Wm 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonic G 550w Gold Lancool PC-K9B Logitech G5 X-Fi Titanium/AT-H700 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690k Asus Z97 Sabertooth mk2 EVGA 970 8gb Kingston 1833mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
128GB Samsung 830 500GB Samsung 840 Evo allota fans but quiet! Win 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Rev. A01 Mechanical w/ Cherry Blues NZXT Hale 650w NZXT Phantom - white 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Anker CG100 Steelseries 9HD Sennheiser HD555 
  hide details  
post #98 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
Depends on what applications, if you mean things that truly take advantage of multi core/threaded things like Adobe products, rendering, etc. Sure, we've all seen the benches, but on some other apps (not even talking about games) it won't do as good. Let's also not forget about that power draw..

I was so looking forward to BD too, but I decided to go for my 2500k and after seeing BD benches, I'm another relieved person who switched. I am hoping Piledriver and Steamroller do better in the future, but that remains to be seen.
The power consumption at stock clocks is just fine. You don't need to justify your purchase by slamming a competing product.

Also BD seems to have a big improvement with .net applications in particular. I find that interesting.
post #99 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
I think you made an error in your statements. JF's sig stated it best, he may work for AMD, but his opinions are his own. When he went to various forums and posted what info he could on BD were what he knew without breaking NDA, that much is certain. But you say he posted that as if it were his job, that's incorrect. He posted it only because he wanted to enlighten the enthusiast community about BD and how as a person working on the server end may give some insight to the Desktop/Client end enthusiasts, on his own free time. He wasn't getting paid to post on forums about BD to us.
That may be true, but it's absolutely irrelevant. It doesn't change the fact that hate against him is completely illogical and, more importantly, unwarranted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoshi245 View Post
Problem is that he should have realized this is the internet. You better be prepared for heat when things backfire. BD destroyed many people's expectations due to it underperforming/underwhelming for desktop/client. I figure it's excellent for server, but that's not the people he was trying to reach on his own time. Part of it is his fault, and while he accepted it, he should have never dealt with this community in the first place if he couldn't stand the heat. So now he's staying out of the kitchen.
I like your logic.

You know, just for being alive, I'm gonna come to your door and repeatedly bash you in the face with a 9-iron. Just because, well, that's life. Right?

C'mon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pursuinginsanity View Post
My problem with him is multiple cases of misleading or (downright incorrect) information.

He claimed SB-E wouldn't be out this year, yet everyone is stating a Nov. 15th release. He claimed Intel said Q4 for Ivy's launch, but what they actually said was Ivy would be in prod. in Q4, and available in 2012. (it takes quite a while to go from wafer to finished product - several months) And then on top of that, the IPC increases, and claims of improved power consumption.

Then he has the nerve to call the folks pointing out his errors "idiots"?
How many times do you have to be told before it finally sinks in? He (JF-AMD) didn't - repeat: did not - mislead you. AMD mislead you.

Let's think of a hypothetical scenario for a second, maybe it will help you comprehend. Say you have a son, and your son gets mugged and shot. Now, would you blame the mugger or the bullets in the gun for what happened to your son? Obviously, unless you're high on chromosomes, you would blame the robber; however, in the JF-AMD argument, you are blaming the gun/bullets.

I mean, I could say this fluently in 3 other languages, but I figure English is going to finally do it for you.
Edited by Primus - 10/15/11 at 12:40pm
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
Bill Cosby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz/1.5v ASUS M4A88T-V EVO EVGA GTX 460 SE 1GB 940/1880/2050 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD 160GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 x64 ACER AL2016W OCZ StealthXtreme 700W 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Destroyer Logitech 
  hide details  
post #100 of 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhh View Post
You're missing the whole point though. They didn't all buy it because "it's a better board", they got it so they could run Bulldozer. They were misled into buying a new board. Some people (like me with a CHIV) were told that we could run BD with just a bios update. Now if it wouldn't have been compatible, I'm sure a lot of people would have went out and got a new 990fx board for Bulldozer. Being misled into buying something and then having it fall on it's face performance wise would piss me off.

Now how hard do you think it would be for them to sell those boards for anywhere near the price they paid?
How are they being mislead? AMD never made any claims on performance, all we had was a few vague comments from JF months ago and the months of ES chip benchmarks. These people mislead themselves and got caught up on the hype train.
Edited by scyy - 10/15/11 at 12:40pm
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › JF-AMD addresses the IPC claim