Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › I need help deciding on a high End PSU
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need help deciding on a high End PSU - Page 2

post #11 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin;15324038 
Here you go; Lightning 800W, SX 850W, ZX 850, XXX Edition 850 and Strider Plus 1000

Pick what you like the most, performance wise they go like this:
Lightning 800 > XXX Edition 850 > SX 850 ~ Stride Plus 1000 ~ ZX 850

The XFX is the best performing unit on that list. And the Strider Plus is a little better than the SX850.
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoy;15329750 
The XFX is the best performing unit on that list. And the Strider Plus is a little better than the SX850.
No.
post #13 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdorty;15329638 
I wouldn't go with Roswill, Cougar, or XFX for a PSU. Not trying to be mean, but most of those are bad suggestions for a PSU. I haven't read reviews on those particular models, but those companies as a whole are not known for high quality PSUs. When shopping for a PSU, go with a well known, high quality manufacturer.

That deal on the AX850 is awesome, as Corsair is known for making very high quality and reliable PSUs.

You're not being mean, just ignorant.. you have no idea what you're talking about.. don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know(as you yourself said) why do you feel compelled to post and argue with 0 arguments?
post #14 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdorty;15329638 
I wouldn't go with Roswill, Cougar, or XFX for a PSU. Not trying to be mean, but most of those are bad suggestions for a PSU. I haven't read reviews on those particular models, but those companies as a whole are not known for high quality PSUs. When shopping for a PSU, go with a well known, high quality manufacturer.

That deal on the AX850 is awesome, as Corsair is known for making very high quality and reliable PSUs.

firstly corsair has never made a psu in their whole existence

as most psu companies corsair uses an oem to design,build a assemble the psu to thier standards and with corsair labeling and packaging

seasonic are responsible for the ax650 to ax850 as in

seasonic x660= corsair ax650
seasonic x760= corsair ax750
seasonic x850= corsair ax850

the rosewill lightning is very good from the oem Superflower who have come to challenge some of the best with their new products

the lightning rosewill are indentical to the

kingwin lazer gold series
nzxt hale 90 series

all which have been proven to be good reliable psu's

not to be mean

just saying
Edited by obsidian86 - 10/16/11 at 8:35am
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 42
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8 ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 GTX 680 SLI G Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256GB M4 SSD Raystorm CPU block Asus VW246H Nvidia Surround Kingwin Lazer 1kw 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8 ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 GTX 680 SLI G Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256GB M4 SSD Raystorm CPU block Asus VW246H Nvidia Surround Kingwin Lazer 1kw 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unoriginal Sin;15329944 
You're not being mean, just ignorant.. you have no idea what you're talking about.. don't take this the wrong way, but if you don't know(as you yourself said) why do you feel compelled to post and argue with 0 arguments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian86;15330115 
firstly corsair has never made a psu in their whole existence

as most psu companies corsair uses an oem to design,build a assemble the psu to thier standards and with corsair labeling and packaging

seasonic are responsible for the ax650 to ax850 as in

seasonic x660= corsair ax650
seasonic x760= corsair ax750
seasonic x850= corsair ax850

the rosewill lightning is very good from the oem Superflower who have come to challenge some of the best with their new products

the lightning rosewill are indentical to the

kingwin lazer gold series
nzxt hale 90 series

all which have been proven to be good reliable psu's

just saying, not to be mean

As I said, that particular model may be great, but as a whole, Rosewill is not known for their quality PSUs, and Corsair is. Whether or not its actually made by Corsair is irrelevant, Corsair's branded PSUs are known for their quality. And so are Seasonics.
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdorty;15330157 
As I said, that particular model may be great, but as a whole, Rosewill is not known for their quality PSUs, and Corsair is. Whether or not its actually made by Corsair is irrelevant, Corsair's branded PSUs are known for their quality. And so are Seasonics.

Rosewill is newegg's very own inhouse brand ,buying a rosewill from newegg is like buying a corsair psu directly from corsair

i have not dealt with newegg since im too far away but i cant really see a negative in buying an inhouse branded item from one of the biggest retailers online
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultra mega
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
The brain of Leonardo da Vinci the skill of Michelangelo  The passion of Enzo Ferrari  Fort Knox 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Hubble telescope Bio organic dark matter when you see it you'll know the irl eyes 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Neural interface  SSj 9001 Goku Im on it Sabretooth wolf rat 
Mouse PadAudio
skin of a t-rex the yell 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidian86;15330228 
Rosewill is newegg's very own inhouse brand ,buying a rosewill from newegg is like buying a corsair psu directly from corsair

i have not dealt with newegg since im too far away but i cant really see a negative in buying an inhouse branded item from one of the biggest retailers online

No its not like that, Rosewill(Newegg) doesnt make the PSUs like corsair and antec doesnt make their PSUs, they buy them from a psu maker like seasonic and brand them their own.

Most Rosewill PSUs are crap from crap psu makers, their Green series and supposedly new Hive series are good.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8 ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 GTX 680 SLI G Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256GB M4 SSD Raystorm CPU block Asus VW246H Nvidia Surround Kingwin Lazer 1kw 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k 4.8 ghz ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 GTX 680 SLI G Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingMonitorPower
256GB M4 SSD Raystorm CPU block Asus VW246H Nvidia Surround Kingwin Lazer 1kw 
Case
NZXT Switch 810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwood;15330370 
No its not like that, Rosewill(Newegg) doesnt make the PSUs like corsair and antec doesnt make their PSUs, they buy them from a psu maker like seasonic and brand them their own.

Most Rosewill PSUs are crap from crap psu makers, their Green series and supposedly new Hive series are good.

This. Just because a certain brand is known for below par products, doesn't mean all of their products are bad. Like I said, overall, Rosewill isn't known for top of the line (in quality) PSUs. I believe that a few of their products are good, but personally I'd stick with a brand/company that is well known for very high quality PSUs.
post #20 of 42
@ Mdorty & Dwood
Ignorance is not an argument.. again, stop posting crap and stop swallowing crap(from Corsair's marketing department and alike).

The fact that something "isn't know" by you does not invalidate that something.. it just makes you ignorant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › I need help deciding on a high End PSU