Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread - Page 311

post #3101 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

That's interesting. Well, I, for one, have a problem seeing heads in pit. And I play at 1280x720 on a 1080p monitor. I think it has something to do with display scaling. Try scaling with your GPU instead of your display, and see if it works out better for you.
I just did a small test. The 1024x768 movement is slightly higher than my 1280x720 movement with the same sensi and dpi.

1280x720 look worse then 1280x960 for me.
I use full screen scaling thru Nvidia controlpanel so it get stretched.
I made a thread about it and apparently its because 2560x1440 have better multiplication and therefore looks better then a 1920x1080 montor at for example 4:3
post #3102 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventadoor View Post

1280x720 look worse then 1280x960 for me.
I use full screen scaling thru Nvidia controlpanel so it get stretched.
I made a thread about it and apparently its because 2560x1440 have better multiplication and therefore looks better then a 1920x1080 montor at for example 4:3

That's interesting. Especially considering 2560x1440 is proper 16:9 like 1280x720. There's something else about display resolution that I can't remember which results in better/worse scaling.
post #3103 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

That's interesting. Especially considering 2560x1440 is proper 16:9 like 1280x720. There's something else about display resolution that I can't remember which results in better/worse scaling.
Well, the interpolation in that game looks pretty horrible, IMO. It feels like everything gets blurry if you aren't at your native resolution.
post #3104 of 22077
Quote from "mdrejhon's" answer to my thread:

"The XL2720T probably will not help because scaling 1280x960 -> 1920x1080 won't look as good as scaling 1280x960 -> 2560x1440, because of scalers don't do good jobs of small scaling steps such as 960p->1080p, it causes a lot of softening. Upconversion operates best with a large difference in resolution. Also, for a motion fluidity upgrade, check out LightBoost too.

When CS:GO upgraded to 1.6, the advantage of using 4:3 resolution mostly disappeared for a lot of people, because of game engine changes, so consider using the native resolution.

SOLUTIONS
(if you want to stay 144Hz)

-- Use 1920x1080 in CS:GO. It will work much better. If your GPU is unable to play at 1920x1080, then upgrade your GPU. CS:GO doesn't need much of a GPU upgrade to run 1080p@144Hz.

-- If you must stay at a 4:3 resolution, try running 1440x1080 instead. Create this custom resolution via NVIDIA Custom Resolution (if using NVIDIA). That way, it can run at 1:1 pixel exact mapping, with zero scaling. Fixing your soft-pixels problem.

-- If you must keep 1280x960, then first disable GPU scaling (e.g. NVIDIA Control Panel, etc), and then configure your BENQ OSD Menu -> Display Mode -> 1:1 ... That will disable your scaling. You will get a little black bars above and below, as your 960 pixels snap to exactly 960 pixels.
Edited by mdrejhon - 11/29/13 at 12:46pm"
post #3105 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Well, the interpolation in that game looks pretty horrible, IMO. It feels like everything gets blurry if you aren't at your native resolution.

I agree. Sadly, because of my GPU, can't do native on my screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aventadoor View Post

Quote from "mdrejhon's" answer to my thread:

"The XL2720T probably will not help because scaling 1280x960 -> 1920x1080 won't look as good as scaling 1280x960 -> 2560x1440, because of scalers don't do good jobs of small scaling steps such as 960p->1080p, it causes a lot of softening. Upconversion operates best with a large difference in resolution. Also, for a motion fluidity upgrade, check out LightBoost too.

When CS:GO upgraded to 1.6, the advantage of using 4:3 resolution mostly disappeared for a lot of people, because of game engine changes, so consider using the native resolution.

SOLUTIONS
(if you want to stay 144Hz)

-- Use 1920x1080 in CS:GO. It will work much better. If your GPU is unable to play at 1920x1080, then upgrade your GPU. CS:GO doesn't need much of a GPU upgrade to run 1080p@144Hz.

-- If you must stay at a 4:3 resolution, try running 1440x1080 instead. Create this custom resolution via NVIDIA Custom Resolution (if using NVIDIA). That way, it can run at 1:1 pixel exact mapping, with zero scaling. Fixing your soft-pixels problem.

-- If you must keep 1280x960, then first disable GPU scaling (e.g. NVIDIA Control Panel, etc), and then configure your BENQ OSD Menu -> Display Mode -> 1:1 ... That will disable your scaling. You will get a little black bars above and below, as your 960 pixels snap to exactly 960 pixels.
Edited by mdrejhon - 11/29/13 at 12:46pm"

Softening, yeah. That's the biggest glaring issue for me. Did not know that scalers don't do good jobs in small scaling steps. What I'm currently testing right now is 1280x720 with GPU scaling ( because for my monitor to change between 1920x1080, which is my desktop resolution, to 1280x720, which is my ingame resolution, it takes more than just a few seconds). This causes issues for me especially when I'm alt tabbed and want to get back into the game or vice versa.

I'm also testing the dynamic contrast setting on my monitor with game-mode. So let's see how that works for me. I've also increased the sharpness settings.
post #3106 of 22077
I played quite a few games last night and didn't run into any hackers. Hell, I even got hack-u-sated once so that def means something.

Then again, I don't play comp.
post #3107 of 22077
Just got 390 kills on AWP_lego. What am I doing with my life?
post #3108 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHo29388 View Post

I played quite a few games last night and didn't run into any hackers. Hell, I even got hack-u-sated once so that def means something.

Then again, I don't play comp.

Comp is where it's at! Although I rarely face hackers since most of them are four star ranked. I'm currently master guardian II. ADD ME... Aznpersuazn615
post #3109 of 22077
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpersuazn View Post

Comp is where the awps and autos are at!
fixed
post #3110 of 22077
Where do guys play other than comp MM?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread