Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread - Page 398

post #3971 of 22611
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzlePro View Post






these silver ranks are terrible, it's like they have no game sense at all (yes i'm a silver But......)

while playing de_dust 2

1. guy on my was telling us to votekick him otherwise he will keep shooting us, when i did everyone else choose no, i ending up TK'ing him but 1 round but it wasn't worth the $3300, he ended up getting a 2hr cooldown
2. Everyone goes to A long, i go to defend B alone, & they leave catwalk wide open & get flanked

also is there a way of reporting guys like this?

Yep.

Hit Tab to View Scoreboard and scroll down to their name with your Arrow Keys. Hit Enter and Report.

Might wanna add some OCN members and get your rank up if you feel like you belong in a higher rank. I'm from the US, but heck i'd be willing to help you out even if I end up getting 100+ ping to European Servers lol.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3972 of 22611
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizzlePro View Post

i have a few questions

1. how does the csgo ranking work? is it based on wins, Kdr?
2. is mm the only way to rank up?
3. what is the point of surfing?
1. mostly based on wins. It's an ELO system. I think the ranks of players in both teams affect it and your score affects it a bit.

I like the way ESEA does their rank better. It's mostly based on wins but also on damage done.

2. yes

3. You get better at movement I guess. It's not a really a big deal, but it's fun.
post #3973 of 22611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

1. mostly based on wins. It's an ELO system. I think the ranks of players in both teams affect it and your score affects it a bit.

I like the way ESEA does their rank better. It's mostly based on wins but also on damage done.

2. yes

3. You get better at movement I guess. It's not a really a big deal, but it's fun.

Isn't ESEA/Pugs mainly based on how much you help your team on the rounds you win? So basically if the team does well as a whole but you don't do anything you don't really get any RWS? I might be completely wrong as I honestly don't know, it just seems how that works. Obviously it cant count for well placed calls/smokes etc. Though I am pretty sure frags(1vX, XK rounds, assists, ADR... etc) play a role. Actually now that you mention it must mainly be that. You can't really measure much else except bomb plants/defuses.

To add what others said: surfing allows you to get better movement(even if you never have to move like that in a match) in terms of mouse control and strafing. I know there are a lot of people that use that to warmup prior to dm and matches. Never really got into it myself. It seems like it might be fun to do for a little bit each day before playing while listening to some music.
post #3974 of 22611
Quote:
Originally Posted by imok View Post

Isn't ESEA/Pugs mainly based on how much you help your team on the rounds you win? So basically if the team does well as a whole but you don't do anything you don't really get any RWS? I might be completely wrong as I honestly don't know, it just seems how that works. Obviously it cant count for well placed calls/smokes etc. Though I am pretty sure frags(1vX, XK rounds, assists, ADR... etc) play a role. Actually now that you mention it must mainly be that. You can't really measure much else except bomb plants/defuses.
Someone told me that it's how much damage you do on winning rounds, so you have to be a team player to do well.

I think there should be more of a focus on doing damage rather than getting kills. Sometimes you can get 20 kills and 5 deaths, but only get there by shooting people in the ankles.
post #3975 of 22611
yay for 30-45 fps! biggrin.gif

I'm stuck on a laptop until I can get a new wireless adapter. frown.gif
post #3976 of 22611
im new to counter strike but i have this problem. after playing it all month, and then going back to battlefield I found it awkward how slow the movements are and how chaotic it was. this is bad. how do you guys play different FPS with same degree of skill?
AVARIS REBORN
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4Ghz ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 Corsair Sniper (2x4GB) DDR3-1600  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System Windows 8  DELL U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC700R (Brown Cherry) seasonic G-550w Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Aktimate Micro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.78ghz 1.325v Asus P6T Deluxe V1 MSI GTX 570 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Green 1TB LG DVD Windows 7 Acer AL22W16 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000 Antec Quattro 850w CM 690 II Plus Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
  hide details  
Reply
AVARIS REBORN
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K @ 4.4Ghz ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Galaxy GeForce GTX 670 Corsair Sniper (2x4GB) DDR3-1600  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240GB Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid Cooling System Windows 8  DELL U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC700R (Brown Cherry) seasonic G-550w Fractal Design Define R4 Logitech Performance MX 
Audio
Aktimate Micro 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 @ 3.78ghz 1.325v Asus P6T Deluxe V1 MSI GTX 570 6GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Green 1TB LG DVD Windows 7 Acer AL22W16 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Media Desktop 1000 Antec Quattro 850w CM 690 II Plus Logitech Performance Mouse MX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3977 of 22611
Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxholster View Post

im new to counter strike but i have this problem. after playing it all month, and then going back to battlefield I found it awkward how slow the movements are and how chaotic it was. this is bad. how do you guys play different FPS with same degree of skill?

I only play CS:GO and LoL atm. Did play some CoD MW2 long time ago though, could be fun sometimes to just run around have fun quickscoping people in CoD. But unlike CS you don't realy have to control recoil or anything in that game so it didn't affect my game in CS. They are so different even tough both are FPS. I think it's pretty good to have at least one more game, like if I play terrible in CS:GO and get in a bad mood I maybe take a break and play 1-3 games in LoL.
post #3978 of 22611
Hi guys. I currently play CS GO on MAC, OS X 10.9.1 (MAVERICKS). I have two major plroblems that make the game unplayable.

Fps drops form 100+ to 30, 40 and the biggest flaw, the sound is allways behind with allmost a second. What can i do? I tried everything, i updated my OS, reinstalled steam, nothing works. Tried low settings, high settings, low res, high res... makes no diffrence. Maybe you know some tricks for this stupid horrid MAC system from work ....

Thanks in advance for any solution given.
post #3979 of 22611
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnx2y View Post

Hi guys. I currently play CS GO on MAC, OS X 10.9.1 (MAVERICKS). I have two major plroblems that make the game unplayable.

Fps drops form 100+ to 30, 40 and the biggest flaw, the sound is allways behind with allmost a second. What can i do? I tried everything, i updated my OS, reinstalled steam, nothing works. Tried low settings, high settings, low res, high res... makes no diffrence. Maybe you know some tricks for this stupid horrid MAC system from work ....

Thanks in advance for any solution given.

Try snd_mixahead 0.05 in console.
post #3980 of 22611
snd_mixahead 0.02 allmost did the trick. To have a true audio response, i should set it to 0, but then i have a lot of funcky noises, some sort of distorsions... For being less laggy there are any tricks? the internet connection is perfect, no loss, aprox. 50ms ping on valve servers...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread