Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread - Page 514

post #5131 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

Lol, that's odd. When my team plays Mirage, we usually play 1 pushed up cat and me at window with 3 at A. Usually, the b apartments are smoked out and someone or the other makes noise so we can call appropriately. It's much easier to retake B from ktichen/cat.
Well, when you match with people who can't hold A, naturally you stack 3 of them at A, then just realize it's GG when 3 can't hold A at all.
post #5132 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkamore View Post

I had a very similar game while playing with a friend on Cache.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Guy on the enemy team was going around one shotting everybody with an AK. Around corners, while running, peaking, all of it. We accused him of hacking and even reported him midway through the game. He didn't help knowing he only had ~40 hours in the game and none for any previous CS game.

After that things changed though. Now I was the one doing it. I even clutched a few 1v3 and 1v4's. It's cemented my feeling that sometimes, in Valve's Match Making, the game literally 'favours' some guns/people over others. Literally, gives others better hit reg or bigger hit boxes. It's something I've noticed for a long time and hearing your experience really just cements it further.

I felt invincible lol at the end I just started merrily running around and just tapping my mouse near their heads. Strafe through a door way.... BAM....Headshot... Run around the corner... BAM.... Headshot....

CS is very luck based you have to remember once you reach a certain point and I've had crazy crazy games/rounds/shots as well in the older CS games and it was attributed all to luck.

I'll never forget the one match where I 1 deaged 4 people in the face long range (long A) on D2 on an eco and got kick/banned after the 4th 1 deag which was from t cross mid at long a all the way to ct side double doors......even my own team questioned if it was legit.

It's also why a lot of the top teams and players can get aced by unknown players and the top teams players can bottom frag or close to it in ESEA. I've seen top players play poorly as well in pugs.

CS isn't a game like SC2 where pretty much everything is static and aim is unimportant. Any game that involves aim/luck/recoil and a ton of variables such as where the player can be and where getting killed once and you're out so to speak (until the next round) is going to involve a lot of luck.
Edited by Mwarren - 3/4/14 at 8:43pm
My Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 965BE @ 3.4GHz Gigabyte Nvidia GTX260 216 2X2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD HDD & 250GB WD HDD Windows 7 Asus VH 23" LED LCD Logitech Media 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550w CM690 MS Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
My Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom X4 965BE @ 3.4GHz Gigabyte Nvidia GTX260 216 2X2GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB WD HDD & 250GB WD HDD Windows 7 Asus VH 23" LED LCD Logitech Media 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Sparkle 550w CM690 MS Intellimouse 3.0 Qck+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5133 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

Lol, that's odd. When my team plays Mirage, we usually play 1 pushed up cat and me at window with 3 at A. Usually, the b apartments are smoked out and someone or the other makes noise so we can call appropriately. It's much easier to retake B from ktichen/cat.
Well, when you match with people who can't hold A, naturally you stack 3 of them at A, then just realize it's GG when 3 can't hold A at all.

I agree. If you play at a high rank, most people stop doing strats when they realize they can exploit one of your sites when they're T side. CS:GO is the perfect example of "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link". When you have a site that can't be held even after having 3 people to defend it, you're left with only 2 options. Admitting you lost because they probably died in the incursion and retakes nearly impossible, or you mix up the positions.

I played a bit of ESEA, it's nice to have and the lack of hackers is beautiful. I said before, I got stuck in a PUG with dmasteR's CEVO teammates and they were ridiculously good. Only reason why I still play MM is because it's nice to just troll games. smile.gif
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5134 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

Well, when you match with people who can't hold A, naturally you stack 3 of them at A, then just realize it's GG when 3 can't hold A at all.

Well, not really. When we have weak links like that, we move our more powerful players there, and explore different holding options. And with proper reporting, 1 in window room adds to a 4th at A. 1 below house, one in site, one stairs. And to protect the one below house, can always have a teammate smoke there just to force a ninja retake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

I agree. If you play at a high rank, most people stop doing strats when they realize they can exploit one of your sites when they're T side. CS:GO is the perfect example of "A chain is only as strong as its weakest link". When you have a site that can't be held even after having 3 people to defend it, you're left with only 2 options. Admitting you lost because they probably died in the incursion and retakes nearly impossible, or you mix up the positions.

I played a bit of ESEA, it's nice to have and the lack of hackers is beautiful. I said before, I got stuck in a PUG with dmasteR's CEVO teammates and they were ridiculously good. Only reason why I still play MM is because it's nice to just troll games. smile.gif

Usually my buddy and me who play at window/cat have excellent comm and chemistry. Very useful so we try to play the same side of the map and we can retake together.
post #5135 of 22617
Thread Starter 

This is pretty funny lol
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5136 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post

CS is very luck based you have to remember once you reach a certain point and I've had crazy crazy games/rounds/shots as well in the older CS games and it was attributed all to luck.

I'll never forget the one match where I 1 deaged 4 people in the face long range (long A) on D2 on an eco and got kick/banned after the 4th 1 deag which was from t cross mid at long a all the way to ct side double doors......even my own team questioned if it was legit.

It's also why a lot of the top teams and players can get aced by unknown players and the top teams players can bottom frag or close to it in ESEA. I've seen top players play poorly as well in pugs.

CS isn't a game like SC2 where pretty much everything is static and aim is unimportant. Any game that involves aim/luck/recoil and a ton of variables such as where the player can be and where getting killed once and you're out so to speak (until the next round) is going to involve a lot of luck.
Speaking of luck, I got my first overwatch case today. The suspect got 2 or 3 crazy shots, but he also missed a lot, so I just figured the crazy shots could be luck so I voted for insufficient evidence.
My rig
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion TL-60 x2 2Ghz Acer Aspire 5517 Radeon HD 3200 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
64GB Kingston SSD Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion TL-60 x2 2Ghz Acer Aspire 5517 Radeon HD 3200 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
64GB Kingston SSD Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5137 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcHo29388 View Post

Even better scenario.

It's 5 or 4 vs 1 with an awp and we have the bomb planted. Everyone goes searching for the awper one by one and eventually they all get killed.

Then in most cases he also makes it to the bombsite in time to kill me and defuse.

lol this is the story of my life, even the 4 guys I play with on a regular basis sometimes do this until I remind them to stop chasing people out 1 by 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheYonderGod View Post

Speaking of luck, I got my first overwatch case today. The suspect got 2 or 3 crazy shots, but he also missed a lot, so I just figured the crazy shots could be luck so I voted for insufficient evidence.

I have actually received about about 4 Overwatch Cases in the past 5 days, is that a lot? I figured I would maybe get one once in a while but they were back to back almost. Watching some of the cases, some people dont even try to hide it.
post #5138 of 22617
i think at my level ~ MGE to lower ranks CTs peek too much and of course gets wrecked by A executions on mirage
post #5139 of 22617
I had a fun game this afternoon. Actually, multiple fun games. Where we tore people apart.

steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-AXPTh-fdQaG-eqR6s-Tk8Ob-JFSiA - Inferno


steam://rungame/730/76561202255233023/+csgo_download_match%20CSGO-kUNk9-NvzEK-6wP9J-6r6Pz-rquLA - Mirage - Tore Legends.GO's Huyak a new anus.
post #5140 of 22617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralliartninja View Post

I have actually received about about 4 Overwatch Cases in the past 5 days, is that a lot? I figured I would maybe get one once in a while but they were back to back almost. Watching some of the cases, some people dont even try to hide it.
Idk, got my first case today, and then 2 more a couple hours after. The one I just did, the guy runs to their base at warmup and shoots a 5 round burst and kills all 5, and then more of the same for the rest of the game, LOL.

If I understand correctly, the way it works is if you judge the same as the majority, you keep getting more, and if you're wrong you stop.
Edited by TheYonderGod - 3/5/14 at 2:35am
My rig
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion TL-60 x2 2Ghz Acer Aspire 5517 Radeon HD 3200 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
64GB Kingston SSD Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
My rig
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Turion TL-60 x2 2Ghz Acer Aspire 5517 Radeon HD 3200 4GB DDR2 800 Mhz 
Hard DriveOS
64GB Kingston SSD Windows 7 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread