Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread - Page 587

post #5861 of 22618
Ahh. So i een taken a few days off from CS:GO since got into a fight with some friends i have been gaming with for over an year and a half. But after carring them 5 matches in a row, i cant help but point out every mistake they make. When we start a match 15 to 0. An the other team starts winning bc they are goofing about. It gets annoying bc one of them ranked up every one of the 5 matches yet he was at the bottom each time. Then we lose the one an they have the mind to talk **** to me. Map was Italy my score 45/18 next closes on my team was like 9. An so i removed one of them from my friends list an began to watch them play. Well i removed them all after seeing them lose time after time. I dont mind carring bc sometimes i need a carry. But when you are a lower rank an u call everyone who knows how to awp or use an ak really good a hacker. Maybe they should stop an let someone take control. But no they rather run an do there own thing. Which left me several times 1v3, 1v4, and a few 1v5s. when you dont clutch them all an ppl below you are telling you yuo suck it gets kinda annoying. That said since that i have been playing like **** an i call playing bad not haveing a 2.0 k/d in a round. So i been debating just taking a break from csgo for a wile.
post #5862 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dveight View Post

Ahh. So i een taken a few days off from CS:GO since got into a fight with some friends i have been gaming with for over an year and a half. But after carring them 5 matches in a row, i cant help but point out every mistake they make. When we start a match 15 to 0. An the other team starts winning bc they are goofing about. It gets annoying bc one of them ranked up every one of the 5 matches yet he was at the bottom each time. Then we lose the one an they have the mind to talk **** to me. Map was Italy my score 45/18 next closes on my team was like 9. An so i removed one of them from my friends list an began to watch them play. Well i removed them all after seeing them lose time after time. I dont mind carring bc sometimes i need a carry. But when you are a lower rank an u call everyone who knows how to awp or use an ak really good a hacker. Maybe they should stop an let someone take control. But no they rather run an do there own thing. Which left me several times 1v3, 1v4, and a few 1v5s. when you dont clutch them all an ppl below you are telling you yuo suck it gets kinda annoying. That said since that i have been playing like **** an i call playing bad not haveing a 2.0 k/d in a round. So i been debating just taking a break from csgo for a wile.

What is your current rank?

Your "friends" do sound like a bunch of noobs to be honest.
In the sense that they are doing badly and not trying to improve like at all.
Crappy attitude to say the least.

If you can play with people like minded, within a similar skill range, maybe you'll enjoy ranking more.

Carrying people does not help at all in CSGO.
People getting carried will rank down as soon as they'll be on their own, getting killed by people with skill matching their actual rank.
Strider 2.0
(7 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
Intel Core I5 MSI R9 290X Asus VG248QE POK3R with MX Clear 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival Artisan Hien  Sennheiser HD558 / Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
Strider 2.0
(7 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsMonitorKeyboard
Intel Core I5 MSI R9 290X Asus VG248QE POK3R with MX Clear 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival Artisan Hien  Sennheiser HD558 / Creative Soundblaster Z 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5863 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard Wolf View Post

What is your current rank?

Your "friends" do sound like a bunch of noobs to be honest.
In the sense that they are doing badly and not trying to improve like at all.
Crappy attitude to say the least.

If you can play with people like minded, within a similar skill range, maybe you'll enjoy ranking more.

Carrying people does not help at all in CSGO.
People getting carried will rank down as soon as they'll be on their own, getting killed by people with skill matching their actual rank.
im only a nova 2 an the one friend who was at the bottom who ranked up every match was a nova 4. which when im playing good i feel im more in the nova3 to ak range
post #5864 of 22618
Sometimes I just wanna quit CS....
I was starting to play good 2nd half, top fragger, we got a 6 match lead.
Then suddenly it went downhill....
Got draw.... /quitCS4ever tongue.gif
post #5865 of 22618
Ok, this might sound ridiculous to some of you, but I think I had a revelation. I've been doing research on autoexec's since every decent player seems to have one. I'm currently using a modified version of kiloswiss's from steam forums (may be here too, not sure), anyway, among the most useful information he brought to the table was about the cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate values. He said these values (or at least one of them), should never be above your framerate, something about packets received per rendered frame something or other. Using this autoexec I was able to use the netgraph, and at my current settings (using v-sync, 60fps cap) I was seeing 5-20% choke, this is with almost 200 hours of gameplay! Per his suggestion I set my framerate at 300fps, and use cl_cmdrate "128" and cl_updaterate "128", 0% choke and it's buttery smooth. I went like 30-10 ish 3 games in a row. I'm only a measly gn1, but I seriously think the choke I was experiencing before was really hindering me. Is it in my head or is that a reasonable assumption?

Oh yea, I also play with a small pink dot crosshair, I think that helped me too.
post #5866 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post

I think the AWPs that can be unboxed don't look terrible while being field-tested or minimal wear. Except maybe the Asiimov. Which is stupid. The Lightning Strike, Redline, Hive, and Boom all look very decent while FT or MW ( except the LS, cuz there's no FT )

Unboxed this last night....


Looks pretty good for a battle scarred. (Also 2 awp asiimovs in a row from my phoenix crate drops biggrin.gif )
Quote:
Originally Posted by w35t View Post

Ok, this might sound ridiculous to some of you, but I think I had a revelation. I've been doing research on autoexec's since every decent player seems to have one. I'm currently using a modified version of kiloswiss's from steam forums (may be here too, not sure), anyway, among the most useful information he brought to the table was about the cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate values. He said these values (or at least one of them), should never be above your framerate, something about packets received per rendered frame something or other. Using this autoexec I was able to use the netgraph, and at my current settings (using v-sync, 60fps cap) I was seeing 5-20% choke, this is with almost 200 hours of gameplay! Per his suggestion I set my framerate at 300fps, and use cl_cmdrate "128" and cl_updaterate "128", 0% choke and it's buttery smooth. I went like 30-10 ish 3 games in a row. I'm only a measly gn1, but I seriously think the choke I was experiencing before was really hindering me. Is it in my head or is that a reasonable assumption?

Oh yea, I also play with a small pink dot crosshair, I think that helped me too.

I believe that the autoexec that dmaster posted a few pages back would have done the same, I posted one a few months ago as well.
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5867 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickles View Post

Unboxed this last night....


Looks pretty good for a battle scarred. (Also 2 awp asiimovs in a row from my phoenix crate drops biggrin.gif )
I believe that the autoexec that dmaster posted a few pages back would have done the same, I posted one a few months ago as well.

((Ignore, you know if you take this seriously you're gonna start opening cases again and get even more battle scarred ump corporals, don't do it, don't do it...))


Yea I'm sure it would have done the same, dmaster has posted tons of great information pertaining to this game. thumb.gif

The main reason I went with kiloswiss's is that he has comments next to every line describing what the command does, including limits. Convenient for a noob like me. biggrin.gif
post #5868 of 22618
I'm currently stocking up on Weapon Case 3s.

Why is this? Well, just look at Weapon Case 1, I'm sure that will explain enough.
post #5869 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by w35t View Post

((Ignore, you know if you take this seriously you're gonna start opening cases again and get even more battle scarred ump corporals, don't do it, don't do it...))


Yea I'm sure it would have done the same, dmaster has posted tons of great information pertaining to this game. thumb.gif

The main reason I went with kiloswiss's is that he has comments next to every line describing what the command does, including limits. Convenient for a noob like me. biggrin.gif

I have had this habit of opening every case that drops for me since the first series.. probably some mixed form of OCD and curiosity. smile.gif
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
See Pee Yoo
(17 items)
 
Lian Mi
(12 items)
 
Craptop
(5 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k asrock extreme4 980ti corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial m3 seagate green lg dvdrw Noctua D14 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
win 7 64bit 2 x 1920 x 1080p (ASUS and LG) xl2420te ocz zx 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
haf bx g600 / / Roccat Savu Puretrak Talent Soundblaster Z 
Audio
sennheiser hd558 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
celereon g1610 g1 sniper m3 parema seagate barracuda 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
dvdrw windows vista vizio 3d tv rosewill green 530 
CaseMouse
lian li pc v354b logitech g300 
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
4810MQ GTX 870M samsung evo  Windows 8.1 
Other
Sager 8728 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5870 of 22618
Quote:
Originally Posted by w35t View Post

Ok, this might sound ridiculous to some of you, but I think I had a revelation. I've been doing research on autoexec's since every decent player seems to have one. I'm currently using a modified version of kiloswiss's from steam forums (may be here too, not sure), anyway, among the most useful information he brought to the table was about the cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate values. He said these values (or at least one of them), should never be above your framerate, something about packets received per rendered frame something or other. Using this autoexec I was able to use the netgraph, and at my current settings (using v-sync, 60fps cap) I was seeing 5-20% choke, this is with almost 200 hours of gameplay! Per his suggestion I set my framerate at 300fps, and use cl_cmdrate "128" and cl_updaterate "128", 0% choke and it's buttery smooth. I went like 30-10 ish 3 games in a row. I'm only a measly gn1, but I seriously think the choke I was experiencing before was really hindering me. Is it in my head or is that a reasonable assumption?

Oh yea, I also play with a small pink dot crosshair, I think that helped me too.

Having high choke will have massively affected your game. I was having a bit of an issue with >30% choke on a deathmatch server at one point, probably due to the huge amount of players on that specific server. What I had there was people stuttering and surfing around, and it really screws with the hitreg so I just upped my rate and it was fine from then on. Ideally if you're on 128 tick you want >128FPS on both your client and the server with your rates on 128 too. Don't know a huge amount about the netcode, but from what I've read as long as everything is updating at the same rate per second then it'll be fine. Interp is a different ballgame, but usually the best option with that is to go with 0 and then change the ratio depending on the server/match you're playing. I can get away with it really low when I play against friends because they have stable connections and have their rates set correctly, in a community deathmatch server it might not be the case.

I personally play with a tiny crosshair, some people prefer a gap, I prefer to not have one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickles View Post

I have had this habit of opening every case that drops for me since the first series.. probably some mixed form of OCD and curiosity. smile.gif

I have the same problem, it's the thought that you didn't open it, but you could have got something really nice that makes me open them. It's the same sense of curiosity that you have I think. Got a Stattrak USP-S Stainless last night, so not too bad, especially considering that's my favourite skin for that weapon. I don't mind paying to open it if whatever comes out is worth more, obviously that isn't always the case but if it's a cheap item I can always yolobet it on CSGL for a laugh.
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
Wingman Fuzzi
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.6GHz 1.37v Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 Zotac GTX 680 @ 1215/3005MHz (347.09) 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 120GB + 850 1TB + Intel 520 240GB Samsung F3 1TB Thermalright Venomous X w/ FM122 Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM 1920x1080 @ 60Hz Ducky Shine II (Blues w/ White Backlight) Corsair HX 620W Fractal Design XL (Black Pearl) 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
MX518 Steelseries QcK+ Creative X-FI Xtreme Music Sennheiser HD598 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Counter Strike Global Offensive Thread