Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD hasn't lost anything
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD hasn't lost anything - Page 4  

post #31 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0314 View Post
Yes, its called i5 2500K
But no, core for core is still valid because during those tests they run a single thread, which does not benefit for HT at all.



It was not a performance issue though. The performance of SB rocked right from the start. It was having to do with the SATA ports degrading over time. The thing that bugs me the most is that Intel fixed it right away and they paid for it. AMD is pretty much saying "our chip is (your preferred deity)'s gift to the world, youre just doing it wrong."
So you own a 2600k which is really an over hyped 2500k
RIG 1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CH-V 990FX EVGA GTX 980 G-SKILL F3-14900 SNIPER 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro WD Black² PIONEER BDR-205 XSPC Raystorm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 8.1 MCE Nec 463 MX5500 DARK POWER PRO 1200 - P10 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Cosmos II REVO DIRTY ASUS HDAV 1.3 Deluxe 
  hide details  
RIG 1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8350 ASUS CH-V 990FX EVGA GTX 980 G-SKILL F3-14900 SNIPER 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 840 Pro WD Black² PIONEER BDR-205 XSPC Raystorm 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
WIN 8.1 MCE Nec 463 MX5500 DARK POWER PRO 1200 - P10 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CoolerMaster Cosmos II REVO DIRTY ASUS HDAV 1.3 Deluxe 
  hide details  
post #32 of 78
Of course they haven't lost anything. The performance crown was lost over 5 years ago to Core 2.

They haven't gained anything either, though. (Except maybe jeers from a thousand sheep.)
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
GE60
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsHard DriveOS
Intel Core i5 4200M Geforce GTX760M 750GB WD Scorpio Black Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardMouseMouse Pad
15.6" CM Quickfire Rapid CM Xornet Steelseries QcK+ 
  hide details  
post #33 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sLowEnd View Post
Of course they haven't lost anything. The performance crown was lost over 5 years ago to Core 2.

They haven't gained anything either, though. (Except maybe jeers from a thousand sheep.)
Oh, there is always a price to pay, for creating a hype before failing to meet the expectation.
BluePiglet 5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @4.6ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-12800 4GB x2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel X25-M G2, WD 640G x3 raid0 SAMSUNG T260 Corsair HX 850w Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
BluePiglet 5
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @4.6ghz ASUS P8P67 Pro HIS 7950 IceQ G.SKILL Sniper DDR3-12800 4GB x2 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Intel X25-M G2, WD 640G x3 raid0 SAMSUNG T260 Corsair HX 850w Corsair 800D 
  hide details  
post #34 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepiglet View Post
Oh, there is always a price to pay, for creating a hype before failing to meet the expectation.
Much of the hype was created by users,still being into they hype is what makes most people call it a "fail".
Quote:
Originally Posted by transhour View Post
why do amd fanboy's always say this about intel, its almost as bad as the constant statements i keep reading about "intel $1k cpu's vs amd's $200 cpu's"
Huh?
Are you talking about the fact that Intel would indeed become stagnant and charge $500 for a CPU if they had no competition?
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
Moar cores!
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 @ 4.0Ghz/4.2Ghz turbo gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 rev. 4.0 Gigabyte Nvida GTX 770OC 2GB/ Gigabyte 970 G1 G... Gskill Sniper 1866Mhz 8GB (4GB x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB WD Black 1TB Asus 24X CM Hyper 212Evo 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home X64 HP 22BW 21.5" LED-IPS CM Storm Trigger/MX Brown Corsair TX 650V2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM HAF922 Logitech G500S Steelseries QCK Mini Asus Xonar DX 7.1 
  hide details  
post #35 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy MG View Post
Much of the hype was created by users,still being into they hype is what makes most people call it a "fail".

Huh?
Are you talking about the fact that Intel would indeed become stagnant and charge $500 for a CPU if they had no competition?
you speak like this is a fact, sounds like fear mongering to me to some how swing the undecided on to your side.
Bazinga Punk
(12 items)
 
ooh shiny!
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon 3440 AsRock P55 extreme Evga 8800 GT 512 MB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Antec Khuler 620 Ubuntu 11.10 Asus vw264H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GIGABYTE KM7600 CORSAIR TX 650 Cooler Master 590 GIGABYTE GM-M6800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 6500 Gigabyte z170xp-SLI Nvidia 970gtx Corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz  
Hard DriveOS
250gb Samsung Evo 850 Windows 10 & Ubuntu 15.10 
  hide details  
Bazinga Punk
(12 items)
 
ooh shiny!
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon 3440 AsRock P55 extreme Evga 8800 GT 512 MB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Antec Khuler 620 Ubuntu 11.10 Asus vw264H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GIGABYTE KM7600 CORSAIR TX 650 Cooler Master 590 GIGABYTE GM-M6800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 6500 Gigabyte z170xp-SLI Nvidia 970gtx Corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz  
Hard DriveOS
250gb Samsung Evo 850 Windows 10 & Ubuntu 15.10 
  hide details  
post #36 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepiglet View Post
Oh, there is always a price to pay, for creating a hype before failing to meet the expectation.
Oh I do agree with this. I am not sure whether more blame falls on AMD or the fans blowing it up though. Both were definitely at fault here. I was surprised to be honest it landed only where it did from what I had heard. Where as I feel the direction is right it just was not on mark quite yet. Lots of potential though.

Transhour -- As for calling my a fan boy is really funny because I currently own 4 systems and 3 of those four are Intel. 2xi3s and 1xi7. Rather than calling me a fan boy then how about showing me where I am wrong?

EDIT: It just so happens the system I use the most is my AMD. I enjoy overclocking and tweaking it more with the additional functions and capabilities. My i7 and one i3 laptop are now my GFs and the other i3 is my laptop. Although I will most likely abandon the i3 laptop in favor of an APU based unit because I love how they perform in light gaming. Need something cheap to run Eve Online when on the road.
Edited by ORL - 10/16/11 at 9:04pm
ORL||H2O
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 5.1Ghz Asus 990FX Sabertooth XFX 7950 Mushkin Enhanced 2x8G 11/11/11/30 - 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SSD:2xM4 120Gb // 2x640Gb Black Win7 Ultimate 64b Corsair K90 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Air 540 RAT7 + G9x 
  hide details  
ORL||H2O
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8350 5.1Ghz Asus 990FX Sabertooth XFX 7950 Mushkin Enhanced 2x8G 11/11/11/30 - 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
SSD:2xM4 120Gb // 2x640Gb Black Win7 Ultimate 64b Corsair K90 Enermax Revo85+ 1020W 
CaseMouse
Corsair Air 540 RAT7 + G9x 
  hide details  
post #37 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORL View Post
Oh I do agree with this. I am not sure whether more blame falls on AMD or the fans blowing it up though. Both were definitely at fault here. I was surprised to be honest it landed only where it did from what I had heard. Where as I feel the direction is right it just was not on mark quite yet. Lots of potential though.

Transhour -- As for calling my a fan boy is really funny because I currently own 4 systems and 3 of those four are Intel. 2xi3s and 1xi7. Rather than calling me a fan boy then how about showing me where I am wrong?

EDIT: It just so happens the system I use the most is my AMD. I enjoy overclocking and tweaking it more with the additional functions and capabilities. My i7 and one i3 laptop are now my GFs and the other i3 is my laptop. Although I will most likely abandon the i3 laptop in favor of an APU based unit because I love how they perform in light gaming. Need something cheap to run Eve Online when on the road.
how can i show you where you are wrong? you are theorizing about a impossible situation, from what i've seen intel has moved forward, even when there hasn't been any real challenge from amd in the last 4 or 5 years. so you state opinion as fact, sounds like you've already made up your mind that intel will dominate with zero innovation or change since amd has failed with this generation.

to me this is just the phenom I all over again, there next generation will be on par to the improvement that phenom II offered over its first iteration.

in the last 4 years of buying intel, i have yet to see them price gouging for their processors, especially in the mid-range, they've remained competitive in both their prices and performance, to say otherwise is just FUD. each time i've upgraded, has been when amd has launched their new architecture, and its always to me would've cost the same to go either platform, so it came down to features for me, intel offered the better features with each upgrade for the same price, so i stayed with them. when it comes time for my next upgrade, if it changes, i would consider going with amd if they had the better platform.
Bazinga Punk
(12 items)
 
ooh shiny!
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon 3440 AsRock P55 extreme Evga 8800 GT 512 MB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Antec Khuler 620 Ubuntu 11.10 Asus vw264H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GIGABYTE KM7600 CORSAIR TX 650 Cooler Master 590 GIGABYTE GM-M6800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 6500 Gigabyte z170xp-SLI Nvidia 970gtx Corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz  
Hard DriveOS
250gb Samsung Evo 850 Windows 10 & Ubuntu 15.10 
  hide details  
Bazinga Punk
(12 items)
 
ooh shiny!
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon 3440 AsRock P55 extreme Evga 8800 GT 512 MB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Blue Antec Khuler 620 Ubuntu 11.10 Asus vw264H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
GIGABYTE KM7600 CORSAIR TX 650 Cooler Master 590 GIGABYTE GM-M6800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I5 6500 Gigabyte z170xp-SLI Nvidia 970gtx Corsair 16gb ddr4 2666mhz  
Hard DriveOS
250gb Samsung Evo 850 Windows 10 & Ubuntu 15.10 
  hide details  
post #38 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy MG View Post
Much of the hype was created by users,still being into they hype is what makes most people call it a "fail".

Huh?
Are you talking about the fact that Intel would indeed become stagnant and charge $500 for a CPU if they had no competition?
Quote:
Originally Posted by transhour View Post
how can i show you where you are wrong? you are theorizing about a impossible situation, from what i've seen intel has moved forward, even when there hasn't been any real challenge from amd in the last 4 or 5 years. so you state opinion as fact, sounds like you've already made up your mind that intel will dominate with zero innovation or change since amd has failed with this generation.

to me this is just the phenom I all over again, there next generation will be on par to the improvement that phenom II offered over its first iteration.

in the last 4 years of buying intel, i have yet to see them price gouging for their processors, especially in the mid-range, they've remained competitive in both their prices and performance, to say otherwise is just FUD. each time i've upgraded, has been when amd has launched their new architecture, and its always to me would've cost the same to go either platform, so it came down to features for me, intel offered the better features with each upgrade for the same price, so i stayed with them. when it comes time for my next upgrade, if it changes, i would consider going with amd if they had the better platform.
hmm, and to back that up with some concrete evidence everyone can relate to.

In January, Sandy Bridge launched to what Intel knew was NO competition from Phenom II. The 2500K became the best bang for buck CPU at only $215, and it STILL is 10 months later.
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
post #39 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORL View Post
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2048824

Just one of many links starting to show up. I picked this one because he is a resident member on the forums. Telling me to go somewhere else because you cannot stomach the fact of being wrong is closed minded and shows little to your character. Face the facts, this CPU was not a failure.

I know you want your beloved Intel to always be the best but for the love of god this is a terrible thought process. It slows down Intels development, It raises prices, its just bad for consumers. The CPU is solid, it does use a lot of juice. Which is a draw back.

AMD has a solid product that is a great stepping stone.
That's a CPUZ validation. Where's the proof of stability?

The CPU is a failure. Every review points to it. And don't even think about calling me an Intel fanboy. I was dumb enough to buy a 940BE instead of an i7 920 and I'm about to do it again with a 8120 instead of 2500k.
Derptron 9000
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5/3.7 ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 EVGA GTX 1070 FE SLI 4x4gb Ballistix Sport @ DDR2933 15-15-15-36 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 750 400GB XSPC RayStorm Windows 10 x64 Wasabi Mango UHD400 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition EVGA Supernova 1000P Corsair 330R Blackout Corsair Vengeance M60 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Control Gungnir DS/Ragnarok/HE-560 
  hide details  
Derptron 9000
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 5820k @ 4.5/3.7 ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 EVGA GTX 1070 FE SLI 4x4gb Ballistix Sport @ DDR2933 15-15-15-36 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Intel 750 400GB XSPC RayStorm Windows 10 x64 Wasabi Mango UHD400 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition EVGA Supernova 1000P Corsair 330R Blackout Corsair Vengeance M60 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Control Gungnir DS/Ragnarok/HE-560 
  hide details  
post #40 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewlazer View Post
That's a CPUZ validation. Where's the proof of stability?

The CPU is a failure. Every review points to it. And don't even think about calling me an Intel fanboy. I was dumb enough to buy a 940BE instead of an i7 920 and I'm about to do it again with a 8120 instead of 2500k.
Im not giving any credence to this link but it's spot on for why I'd like to see some real stability testing on prime or ibt or any other bread and butter stress program. If these posted #'s prove to be correct then it's a pretty dismal outlook. Im sitting her now a 5.1 1.48 16 hour stable and been running this way since June. Hopefully the proclockers can prove these #'s wrong but if not imo this chip has no place in competing with intels sb cpu's. I wouldnt even compare them at this point since the pretty much bottom line is both 2500k/2600k are superior to fx in nearly all tests. Even the tests where they are on par isn't enough to justify comparisons. Now everyone's chiming in with well "just you wait, piledriver will bring it home". Maybe, but just keep in mind that we all bought into the fx hype waiting and waiting only to get a dud and Im not gonna wait around only to be let down again.....

http://techreport.com/articles.x/21813/18http://techreport.com/articles.x/21813/18
Devil Inside
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Powercolor Devil 13 7990 x 2 QUAD Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enh Chronos Deluxe LG DVD burner Custom  Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 144hz in Eyefinity/Surround Logitech g19 Corsair ax1200 Caselabs s5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g700 Razer Ironclad 
  hide details  
Devil Inside
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus Maximus V Gene Powercolor Devil 13 7990 x 2 QUAD Corsair Dominator GT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Mushkin Enh Chronos Deluxe LG DVD burner Custom  Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus 144hz in Eyefinity/Surround Logitech g19 Corsair ax1200 Caselabs s5 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech g700 Razer Ironclad 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › AMD hasn't lost anything