Originally Posted by TerrabyteX
Your welcome. you can get your build today par example and add a second gtx580 next year and keep the rig for 3 years and then upgrade or you can wait more and spend more a bit on the new CPU as for new gpus you have to wait more then 2 months.
I went for getting a new rig in september and will add another 590 and go watercool on them and get the next cpu after ivy bridge since ivy is only 35%-40% faster then i7 and the next gen will be 100% faster. Also keplar ( new nvidia gpu ) will be 40% faster then fermi ( 570 580 590 ) so i will get the next one after keplar wich promisses 16 times more performance.
Just my way of thinking. I can track down the info i am telling you about if you wish or you can google it yourself. so my vote would be get your rid now if you think like i do or wait more if you want.
After what you wrote, i am very confused now. Do you think it's worth waiting for like 2 months as you know i will be building this rig from scratch. When will the CPU/GPU hit the market? Approx. date? It would be really nice of you if you could point me towards the information regarding this. Once again, Thank you for being really helpful.