Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings) - Page 56

post #551 of 1515
this is my setup:
MB: ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
RAM: SAMSUNG 16GB 1600Mhz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Storage: WD Blue 1TB
Case: SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E
Optical Drive: ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner
VGA: not yet
PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 128GB

When I ran Prime 95 the processor temp reached 72c is this normal with H80i cooler ?
post #552 of 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyd893 View Post

The concern in this specific case is not the RAM but the VRM heatsinks on the motherboard...



Normally run horizontally above the CPU socket and/or vertically to the left of the socket is all your power delivery and voltage regulation, dependant on the motherboard it can be quite large. Higher end boards that are designed specifically with OC'ing in mind often have larger velyheatsinks,
Yes, that's something I'm actively researching. I will be getting a Sabertooth x79 and I already have the Corsair 500R.
post #553 of 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennakhi View Post

this is my setup:
MB: ASUS P8Z77-M LGA 1155 Intel Z77
Processor: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
RAM: SAMSUNG 16GB 1600Mhz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
Storage: WD Blue 1TB
Case: SilverStone Temjin Series TJ08B-E
Optical Drive: ASUS Black Blu-ray Burner
VGA: not yet
PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 128GB

When I ran Prime 95 the processor temp reached 72c is this normal with H80i cooler ?

Are you running at stock or overclocking? You should run CPUZ when running Prime95 so we can see what you're running. I also like to use a program called Real Temp to determine temps are. http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/

While 75c is a bit high, even for Ivy which can run hotter, also what kind of ambient temps do you have? Do you have your H80i in an exhaust setup or intake setup?
post #554 of 1515
H80i fits easily in my Azza Solano 1000 case with the exception of the side fan on the case. I had to take the fan off. If I put one fan on the outside of the case and one on the inside it might work as the measurements are so so close...but not sure if I can do that. There was absolutely nothing in the way on my Asus Sabertooth MB...it fit easily and mounted easily. corsair2.jpg 474k .jpg file corsairfan.jpg 1315k .jpg file corsorfan1.jpg 1311k .jpg file
Edited by Westfields - 1/28/13 at 5:09pm
post #555 of 1515
I'm running a H100i push pull in a CM690 II Adv. Black & White edition using 2 140mm's in pull between the mesh and the case, then the rad underneath the top of the case and the stock corsair fans in push.

Fits like a glove only it is VERY close to the RAM, hanging above the locks with the fans, and it blocks the EPS 8 pins completely.

Now, I saw a very cheap second hand case I wanna use for a second S1366 build with a H100i as well but I dunno if it'll fit..

So, does a H100i in either Push or Pull or Both fit in a Aerocool Strike-X Advance (White Blue)?

Judging by the pics it might fit in the top just like the CM690 II has. Even in p+p but there's no confirmation anywhere.
Thundahcat.
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP-M Barton @ 2612Mhz ASUS A7N8X-X HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB w/ V-MOD @ 585Mhz GPU 5... 3x512MB Samsung PC-3200 CL3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Maxtor 80GB IDE Cooler Master alu/copper block with a Slipstrea... Windows 98 SE Windows XP Pro SP3 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Real Power M520W OEM with great airflow and even cable management 
  hide details  
Reply
Thundahcat.
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon XP-M Barton @ 2612Mhz ASUS A7N8X-X HIS Radeon X800XL 256MB w/ V-MOD @ 585Mhz GPU 5... 3x512MB Samsung PC-3200 CL3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSOS
Maxtor 80GB IDE Cooler Master alu/copper block with a Slipstrea... Windows 98 SE Windows XP Pro SP3 
PowerCase
Cooler Master Real Power M520W OEM with great airflow and even cable management 
  hide details  
Reply
post #556 of 1515
Edit: Moved to an appropriate thread.
Edited by BenC - 1/29/13 at 9:14am
Moneypit
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370E ASUS Sabertooth MSI 7950 G SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Agility 2 Agility 3 Western Digital Black  Custom Loop 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Pro Corsair 750W NZXT 
  hide details  
Reply
Moneypit
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370E ASUS Sabertooth MSI 7950 G SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Agility 2 Agility 3 Western Digital Black  Custom Loop 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Pro Corsair 750W NZXT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #557 of 1515
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenC View Post

I've finally decided it is time to retire the Thermaltake Armor 2 I've been using for 9 years now.

My biggest goal is to mount my radiator vertically within the case. Here is the catch; I am using a Swiftech MCR220.



The internal reservoir adds a bit of height to the radiator.

I've been hoping to attach the rad push/pull, rad inside the door of either a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139010] Corsair 500r,
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139008] 400R, or something similar.

I do not mind modding the door a bit.

Any input suggestions?

Cheers.

Probably posted this in the wrong thread. Good luck though. thumb.gif
post #558 of 1515
Deleted by User.
Edited by BenC - 1/29/13 at 9:14am
Moneypit
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370E ASUS Sabertooth MSI 7950 G SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Agility 2 Agility 3 Western Digital Black  Custom Loop 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Pro Corsair 750W NZXT 
  hide details  
Reply
Moneypit
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8370E ASUS Sabertooth MSI 7950 G SKILL Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Agility 2 Agility 3 Western Digital Black  Custom Loop 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 Pro Corsair 750W NZXT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #559 of 1515
Just for the lulz:

H40 did not fit my Thermaltake V3. Who cares?
post #560 of 1515
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezzion View Post

I'm running a H100i push pull in a CM690 II Adv. Black & White edition using 2 140mm's in pull between the mesh and the case, then the rad underneath the top of the case and the stock corsair fans in push.

Fits like a glove only it is VERY close to the RAM, hanging above the locks with the fans, and it blocks the EPS 8 pins completely.

Now, I saw a very cheap second hand case I wanna use for a second S1366 build with a H100i as well but I dunno if it'll fit..

So, does a H100i in either Push or Pull or Both fit in a Aerocool Strike-X Advance (White Blue)?

Judging by the pics it might fit in the top just like the CM690 II has. Even in p+p but there's no confirmation anywhere.

This is the first time I've heard of this case so had a look but couldn't find anything definitive.

The case you're looking at has a good review and internal pics here http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Aerocool/Strike-X_Advance/5.html

The cases bigger brother the Strike-X ST has a horrendous amount of room.. http://forum.donanimhaber.com/m_64501864/tm.htm

Is this a done deal? Or are you open to other cases?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordfire View Post

Just for the lulz:

H40 did not fit my Thermaltake V3. Who cares? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Side Panels...... pft..... who needs side panels wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westfields View Post

H80i fits easily in my Azza Solano 1000 case with the exception of the side fan on the case. I had to take the fan off. If I put one fan on the outside of the case and one on the inside it might work as the measurements are so so close...but not sure if I can do that. There was absolutely nothing in the way on my Asus Sabertooth MB...it fit easily and mounted easily. corsair2.jpg 474k .jpg file corsairfan.jpg 1315k .jpg file corsorfan1.jpg 1311k .jpg file

The first Azza for the thread, I shall add it to the OP! Thanks

Reference the fan, no problems with putting a fan on the outside as long as you have somewhere to route the fan cable. I once did the same on a CM690 Std simply to give more room inside the case. It had no effect on cooling or performance.
Edited by Mattyd893 - 1/30/13 at 9:26am
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MSI HD5970 @ 950MHz & 1250MHz Mem 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Custom Loop Black Ice GT Stealth 360mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice GT Stealth 240mm Rad Laing DDC-1+ Pump EK Waterblocks 10335 EK-Supreme Highflow CPU Bl... EK-FC5970  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate X64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff 
CaseMouse
Xigmatek Elysium Steelseries Xai 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R XFX HD 5970 @ 950MHz 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Corsair H80 Win 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff CoolerMaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R XFX HD 5970 @ 950MHz & 1250MHz Mem 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Custom Loop Win 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff HAF 922 
Mouse
Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R MSI HD5970 @ 950MHz & 1250MHz Mem 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Custom Loop Black Ice GT Stealth 360mm Rad 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Ice GT Stealth 240mm Rad Laing DDC-1+ Pump EK Waterblocks 10335 EK-Supreme Highflow CPU Bl... EK-FC5970  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Ultimate X64 Samsung Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff 
CaseMouse
Xigmatek Elysium Steelseries Xai 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R XFX HD 5970 @ 950MHz 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Corsair H80 Win 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff CoolerMaster CM690 
Mouse
Logitech G500 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R XFX HD 5970 @ 950MHz & 1250MHz Mem 12GB Corsair Vengeance 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Xtreme 240GB Who Cares? Custom Loop Win 7 Ultimate X64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung Syncmaster 2494 Steelseries 6Gv2 XFX Pro 850W Silver 88%Eff HAF 922 
Mouse
Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › H80 / H80i / H90 / H100 / H100i / H110 Case Compatibility Thread (Page 1 for full listings)