Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › I gotta know how is the bulldozer flagship benching?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I gotta know how is the bulldozer flagship benching? - Page 2

post #11 of 42
I would recommend holding off till/if there are optimization's to be had. Your gambling if you get one right now, once again as stated I'm a gambling man.

If you have the need to ask then your not ready to make a purchase.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 7950 4x4 Corsiar Dominator 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
x2 Corsair f120's in raid 0 ASUS BUDGET CD, DVD,CD-R, DVD-R WIN 7 PRE 64 BIT AOC 23.5 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kensington POS THERMALTAKE 850 BRONZE V9 BLACK EDITION LOGITECH 518 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 7950 4x4 Corsiar Dominator 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
x2 Corsair f120's in raid 0 ASUS BUDGET CD, DVD,CD-R, DVD-R WIN 7 PRE 64 BIT AOC 23.5 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Kensington POS THERMALTAKE 850 BRONZE V9 BLACK EDITION LOGITECH 518 
Mouse Pad
Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 42
i would more likely know how well they perform on older sockets like the am3 since it is backwards compatible
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
ಠ-ಠ
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX580 Mushkin DDR3 Silverline Stilletto(4x4)16GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
WD Caviar BLACK  Kingston V200 2x LG DVD RAM w/ lightscribe Win7 Pro 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XL2410T 23.6" 120Hz LED LCD Razer Lycosa ENERMAX REVOLUTION 850W CM HAF 922M 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba ALLSOP high precision mousepad Creative Labs X-fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Ugh, human patience ftl as usual.

1: 990fx boards have a BIOS to 'accept' a zambezi CPU.
2: They do not have a BIOS that is even remotely optimized for it yet.
3: If you have no idea regarding CPU architecture, don't post and make yourself look foolish.

I'm not saying the Bulldozer is good, or bad, i'm saying anyone with half a working brain will know you cannot tell yet. You could say the same for every new gen cpu, or gpu for that matter with new series drivers, always horrid initially.

TLDR: Cry babies, wait till you have something to cry about, and don't waste your tears..
Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question. I wanted an initial idea of how its doing. Perhaps you should get your head out of your @ss and answer the simple question. Notice my question I stated how are they benching (present tense) Not How will they bench (future tense)
Edited by ussoldier_1984 - 10/18/11 at 7:13am
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukon View Post
I would recommend holding off till/if there are optimization's to be had. Your gambling if you get one right now, once again as stated I'm a gambling man.

If you have the need to ask then your not ready to make a purchase.
See this is a better answer, it is polite and not implying that he is a better person. He gave a legitimate answer without being an @ss.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984 View Post
Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question. I wanted an initial idea of how its doing. Perhaps you should get your head out of your @ss and answer the simple question. Notice my question I stated how are they benching (present tense) Not How will they bench (future tense)
From everything I have been reading it benches very well on certain things and ok to poor on others but hopefully it will be improved. My biggest concern is the power consumption of the chip when overclocked. It does seem to do a lot better when overclocked but when compared to a 1100t overclocked to 4.2 and fx-8150 being overclocked to 4.7-4.8 cinebench scores were not much better. It's new so maybe software out there isn't using this new cpu to the fullest. We really just don't know but initial benches don't look so great overall. I am waiting to see if it improves or not and I might end up getting either a 1090t or 1100t if it doesn't since I am already vested in a am3+ board.
FX8150
(12 items)
 
Q8300
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8150 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair  seagate momentus noctua c14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro aoc e2243fwk corsair gs 700 NZXT Phantom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 DG41RQ Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset Crucial Technology  
RAM
Crucial Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
FX8150
(12 items)
 
Q8300
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8150 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair  seagate momentus noctua c14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro aoc e2243fwk corsair gs 700 NZXT Phantom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 DG41RQ Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset Crucial Technology  
RAM
Crucial Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 42
you want to do cinebench all day long? go for the 8150.. otherwise wait until they revise it and keep your 1090t
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
Reply
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984 View Post
Hmmm someone who has half a brain would read and comprehend, how are they performing now, not tomorrow. I didn't ask for a fortune. I'm asking how its benching now. Man don't get your panties up in a bunch, and don't read too far into a question. It really is a simple question.
+1

Not to mention, Human Patience FTL? - How long has AMD been working on this again? There's patience and then there's ineptitude, this CPU being the later.
post #18 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodean View Post
Ugh, human patience ftl as usual.

1: 990fx boards have a BIOS to 'accept' a zambezi CPU.
2: They do not have a BIOS that is even remotely optimized for it yet.
3: If you have no idea regarding CPU architecture, don't post and make yourself look foolish.

I'm not saying the Bulldozer is good, or bad, i'm saying anyone with half a working brain will know you cannot tell yet. You could say the same for every new gen cpu, or gpu for that matter with new series drivers, always horrid initially.

TLDR: Cry babies, wait till you have something to cry about, and don't waste your tears..
You do realize people have been waiting for this cpu for YEARS right? That's an eternity in computer time, I think expectations for a strong release were warranted - especially after last minute delays (which I would assume would be to clear up those issues you've laid forth). This cpu might be great a few weeks from now, or it might not - what we know for sure is that most software isn't optimized for bulldozer and it won't be for quite a while to come. If you need a cpu now, it simply does not make sense to wait - the 2500k is an exceptional value that will suit a far broader range of needs. If your tasks are completely multithreaded, it may be prudent to wait but otherwise, I don't think it's wise at all (waiting really never is when it comes to computer components).
post #19 of 42
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricksiglin View Post
From everything I have been reading it benches very well on certain things and ok to poor on others but hopefully it will be improved. My biggest concern is the power consumption of the chip when overclocked. It does seem to do a lot better when overclocked but when compared to a 1100t overclocked to 4.2 and fx-8150 being overclocked to 4.7-4.8 cinebench scores were not much better. It's new so maybe software out there isn't using this new cpu to the fullest. We really just don't know but initial benches don't look so great overall. I am waiting to see if it improves or not and I might end up getting either a 1090t or 1100t if it doesn't since I am already vested in a am3+ board.
Yea I am vested in an AM3+ board to, crosshair V formula, my intentions were to wait till the 2nd gen came out or when they fixed all the bugs. I really have high expectations with this new chip I just hope that when everything is worked out it will hold up to the expectations. Otherwise I might stray to the dark side and build my first intel rig...
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd 8350 Asus Crosshair V Formula z GeForce GTX 970 x2 Patriot Viper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
samsung ssd 850 evo Asus Blu ray burner Corsair h110i gt microsoft windows 10  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sharp 32" Tv 1080p logitech k520 thermaltake toughpower 1200 Thermaltake core x9 
Mouse
Logitech m705 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussoldier_1984 View Post
Yea I am vested in an AM3+ board to, crosshair V formula, my intentions were to wait till the 2nd gen came out or when they fixed all the bugs. I really have high expectations with this new chip I just hope that when everything is worked out it will hold up to the expectations. Otherwise I might stray to the dark side and build my first intel rig...
To me you seem to have the perfect setup now if nothing improves on BD but each his own I guess. lol I really have a feeling it will improve just not sure how much. By looking at the reviews and benches I am wondering if the 4 core and 6 core versions are a waste though unless the overclock potential on them can carry them over the phenom II.
FX8150
(12 items)
 
Q8300
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8150 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair  seagate momentus noctua c14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro aoc e2243fwk corsair gs 700 NZXT Phantom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 DG41RQ Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset Crucial Technology  
RAM
Crucial Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
FX8150
(12 items)
 
Q8300
(5 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD FX-8150 SABERTOOTH 990FX NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660  
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Corsair  Corsair  seagate momentus noctua c14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro aoc e2243fwk corsair gs 700 NZXT Phantom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 DG41RQ Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset Crucial Technology  
RAM
Crucial Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › I gotta know how is the bulldozer flagship benching?