Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Are you on a 16:10 or 16:9 monitor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Are you on a 16:10 or 16:9 monitor? - Page 16  

Poll Results: Which aspect ratio is your monitor?

 
  • 49% (200)
    16:10
  • 50% (208)
    16:9
408 Total Votes  
post #151 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
You're right, they didn't back then because 2560x1440 didn't exist. Even if they did have a choice between the two, they would've gone for 2560x1600 monitors because it displays more content at one time.
Most choose 2560x1440 over 2560x1600 simply because it is much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
Not really sure where they pull their data from, plus the rest of their market share data goes against what you were just arguing about earlier how old=/=common because 1024x768 tops everything on that list which is older than the 16:9 resolutions listed under it.
Not really. 1024x768 still is the most common resolution but that doesnt say they sell well. If you follow the development you see that the amount of 1024x768 users fall pretty quickly.
post #152 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Infact, that isnt the case. 2560x1440 is more common than 2560x1600. What your school use is irrelevant in this matter.

2560 x 14400.46%
2560 x 16000.09%
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...&qptimeframe=M
it doesnt matter cuz 16:10 is better anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
Sir, you really do fail and I can't believe you're still referencing that market share website. I've toured 3 different well known colleges and all of their labs regarding graphic design or photography all use 2560x1600 monitors. You should really go outside sometime and not hide behind that market share website.
hahahahahahahaha yeah ur right.
Trash Box
(15 items)
 
 
G73JH-A1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x @ 4.4GHz Asus P6X58D-E Gigabyte 8GB GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 24GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x256GB C300's R0 1TB Samsung 850 Pro ASUS MG279Q, Catleap Q270 G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone RV-02 G9x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 965BE 125W Asus M4A77D Asus 5770 Cucore 4GB Kingston 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
2x750GB Seagates 22x LG DVD-RW w7 Ultimate 64-bit  G15 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430W 80+ Antec New Solution NSK6580B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720QM AsusTek Mobility HD5870 8GB Kingston 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB C300/500GB Seagate Bluray Combo w7 Ultimate 64-bit 17'' 1080P 
Case
G73JH-A1 
  hide details  
Trash Box
(15 items)
 
 
G73JH-A1
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980x @ 4.4GHz Asus P6X58D-E Gigabyte 8GB GTX 1070 G1 Gaming 24GB Corsair Dominators 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveMonitorKeyboard
2x256GB C300's R0 1TB Samsung 850 Pro ASUS MG279Q, Catleap Q270 G19 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX1200 Silverstone RV-02 G9x 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 965BE 125W Asus M4A77D Asus 5770 Cucore 4GB Kingston 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
2x750GB Seagates 22x LG DVD-RW w7 Ultimate 64-bit  G15 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430W 80+ Antec New Solution NSK6580B 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720QM AsusTek Mobility HD5870 8GB Kingston 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB C300/500GB Seagate Bluray Combo w7 Ultimate 64-bit 17'' 1080P 
Case
G73JH-A1 
  hide details  
post #153 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Most choose 2560x1440 over 2560x1600 simply because it is much cheaper.
I take it you didn't even read what I said. They chose 2560x1600 because 2560x1440 didn't even exist 5 years ago. So how could they choose a monitor resolution that didn't even exist? Also, I love how you're arguing with yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Not really. 1024x768 still is the most common resolution but that doesnt say they sell well. If you follow the development you see that the amount of 1024x768 users fall pretty quickly.
Uhhh, what?

I'm done arguing with you, it's really a waste of time.
Edited by ImmortalKenny - 10/19/11 at 1:49am
post #154 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalKenny View Post
Sir, you really do fail and I can't believe you're still referencing that market share website. I've toured 3 different well known colleges and all of their labs regarding graphic design or photography all use 2560x1600 monitors. You should really go outside sometime and not hide behind that market share website.
If you just look at a few examples you can find whatever you want.

2560x1440 is more common than 2560x1600. It is ridicolous that you try to deny that because of that you have visited some labs. With that kind of investigation the result will be pretty random.
post #155 of 285
@Immortal Kenny

Just one question.

What is it that you are trying to say?
post #156 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
@Immortal Kenny

Just one question.

What is it that you are trying to say?
I think he is trying to say that you are both ignorant and arrogant. Not everyone has 16:9 and 16:9 might be the best aspect ratio for you, but not every one likes it. The people who don't like 16:9 and get a 16:10 monitor don't care about letterboxing, 99% of the people who get a 16:10 monitor know that they will get some letterboxing when watching a film or playing one of the 15 games you listed as not supporting 16:10. Wait better make that 14, one of them had

Quote:
(before it was patched)
after it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Infact, that isnt the case. 2560x1440 is more common than 2560x1600. What your school use is irrelevant in this matter.

2560 x 14400.46%
2560 x 16000.09%
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/repo...&qptimeframe=M
What you say and what the marketshare is, is irrelevant. All that matters is the people who chose 16:10 chose it for a reason. By the way., I asked the IT guys at my college why the graphics/coding computers use 16:10, and they all said "Because for photo editing and coding the more pixels you have the better" OK now get a calculator and put this into it. 1920*1080 (for 16:9) and then after that put in 1920*1200 (for 16:10) and tell me which one has more pixels.

EDIT: LOL, 136 people have voted for 16:10, 134 voted for 16:9. Now which aspect ratio is the most common one?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
post #157 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post
Not everyone has 16:9 and 16:9 might be the best aspect ratio for you, but not every one likes it.
I simply said based on trusted stats that 2560x1440 is more common than 2560x1600.

I didnt argue with him which was to prefer or which was better.





Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post
All that matters is the people who chose 16:10 chose it for a reason. By the way., I asked the IT guys at my college why the graphics/coding computers use 16:10, and they all said "Because for photo editing and coding the more pixels you have the better" OK now get a calculator and put this into it. 1920*1080 (for 16:9) and then after that put in 1920*1200 (for 16:10) and tell me which one has more pixels.
Well, then he doesnt understand the basics of aspect ratio. It has nothing to do with amount of pixels. It is just a ratio. The length in relation with the height.
post #158 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Well, then he doesnt understand the basics of aspect ratio. It has nothing to do with amount of pixels. It is just a ratio. The length in relation with a height..
22" 16:9 monitor at 1920x1080 has 2073600 pixels
22" 16:10 monitor at 1920x1200 has 2304000 pixels

a similar sized and resolution 16:10 monitor has 230400 more pixels than a similar sized and resolution 16:9. I think four people who has worked with computers for 25, 20, 17, 15 years can't all be wrong especially if two of them have worked in the graphics and coding department at Jagex.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
post #159 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post
22" 16:9 monitor at 1920x1080 has 2073600 pixels
22" 16:10 monitor at 1920x1200 has 2304000 pixels
Yes, 1920x1200 has more pixels than 1920x1080.

So?

2048x1152 (16:9), 2560x1440 (16:9) and so on have more pixels than 1920x1200 (16:10). It isnt about aspect ratio but resolution.
post #160 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Yes, 1920x1200 has more pixels than 1920x1080.

So?

2048x1152 (16:9), 2560x1440 (16:9) and so on has more pixels than 1920x1200 (16:10). It isnt about aspect ratio but resolution.
2560x1600 (16:10) has more pixels than 2048x1152 and 2560x1440. At this moment in time the only way you can get a higher resolution is if you use the 2560x1600 in eyefinity or [enter nVidia equivalent] I know there are panels with higher resolutions than that but they are not available to the public so they don't count.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Are you on a 16:10 or 16:9 monitor?