Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [In] Why AMD Failed, Another Ex-Employee Confession
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[In] Why AMD Failed, Another Ex-Employee Confession - Page 15

post #141 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman;15363018 
And watch what happens when Mainboard Manufacturers fine tune their BIOS.

Look I'm not saying that AMD didn't fail an I'm not sayin they did. Point is the CPU is too new for any review to be a proper review. I apologize if I haven't made myself clear enough to get this across. I just think that if you give Intel some slack for their failure prior to shipping that you should be willing to accept that with new architecture, AMD is probably gonna take a bit to get FX CPUs' running smoothly.

Look how long they took to even put them out. That right there should tell people they were having issues. Sandy Bridge didn't hit a home run for Intel right off the bat. And to expect that from AMD is ridiculous. regardless of how long it took them to launch.


I've never heard of BIOS updates that could improve performance that much. You can implement CPU Errata fixes / workarounds in the BIOS, but it would surely be odd if AMD hadn't made sure the Asus board they sent to the reviewers in the Press Kit didn't already have those fixes implemented.

Intel DID hit a home run with Sandy Bridge. The problem they had was with the Southbridge SATA 2 controller that could, over a period of 5 years, affect between 5% and 15% of computer users. Supposedly, the ports would start degrading over time until the HDD's or SSD's connected to them would not be recognized. Mind you the 2 SATA 3 ports where people ususally connect the HDDs/SSDs first were not affected by this.

Also, Intel promptly reacted, admited there was a problem and put together with motherboard vendors a recall program.

What are you hearing from AMD ? Are you hearing them say there is a BIOS fix or an OS fix in the works to improve the performance of these chips ?

Sure, they can fix the problems with better yields and CPU revisions and the next Piledriver core with better performance. But that is not going to help anyone who bought one of these first FX CPUs.
Edited by tpi2007 - 10/18/11 at 8:54pm
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Metro 2033 review
Metro 2033
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7-3820 Asus Sabertooth X79 MSI GTX 750 Ti TF Gaming 16 GB Corsair DDR3 1866 Mhz Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD 830 128GB + WD Caviar Black 1TB Sony Optiarc DVD-RW Corsair A70 + Noiseblocker M12-P Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ RL2455HM Cooler Master Octane Corsair AX750 Professional Modular 80 Plus Gold Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus 
Mouse
Cooler Master Octane 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post


http://jonpeddie.com/press-releases/...-last-quarter/

This Quarter Market Share:

AMD - 41%
Nvidia - 59%
Wow im actually kind of shocked ATI had that much marketshare even...considering how much more nvidia advertises I would expect it to be more of a 70/30 thing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 MSI R9 390 8GB Gskill Ripsaw 2x4GB 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
500GB 7200RPM 500GB 7200RPM Crucial M500 240GB SSD Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" 1680x1050 Razer Blackwidow Corsair TX650 V2 NZXT Phantom (Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G9 Icemat V2 Eagle Tech ET-AR504LR-BK 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k Asrock Extreme 3 Gen 3 Z68 MSI R9 390 8GB Gskill Ripsaw 2x4GB 1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
500GB 7200RPM 500GB 7200RPM Crucial M500 240GB SSD Windows 7 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" 1680x1050 Razer Blackwidow Corsair TX650 V2 NZXT Phantom (Black) 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G9 Icemat V2 Eagle Tech ET-AR504LR-BK 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi2007 View Post
I've never heard of BIOS updates that could improve performance that much. You can implement CPU Errata fixes / workarounds in the BIOS, but it would surely be odd if AMD hadn't made sure the Asus board they sent to the reviewers in the Press Kit didn't already have those fixes implemented.

Intel DID hit a home run with Sandy Bridge. The problem they had was with the Southbridge SATA 2 controller that could, over a period of 5 years, affect between 5% and 15% of computer users. Supposedly, the ports would start degrading over time until the HDD's or SSD's connected to them would not be recognized. Mind you the 2 SATA 3 ports where people ususally connect the HDDs/SSDs first were not affected by this.

Also, Intel promptly reacted, admited there was a problem and put together with motherboard vendors a recall program.

What are you hearing from AMD ? Are you hearing them say there is a BIOS fix or an OS fix in the works to improve the performance of these chips ?

Sure, they can fix the problems with better yields and CPU revisions and the next Piledriver core with better performance. But that is not going to help anyone who bought one of these first FX CPUs.
No Intel did not hit a Home Run right off the bat. They did save their asses by addressing an issue. And as far as I'm aware of AMD didn't send the reviewers the board. They did sent the CPU however.

And as far as BIOS being a non factor to fix issues? I don't know what to tell you except that my CPU was having issues on my board with the first few BIOS iterations. I'm now on 1902 and things have evened out much better ever since. Other owners were having issues with Thubbie on theirs and things have gotten better with newer BIOS iterations.

I just think it's a bit premature to proclaim fail is all.

Most people that are claiming fail are Intel fanbois who love to pile on at the slightest hint that AMD may have an issue.

I've run both Intel and AMD. I don't run out and claim fail when either of them have issues. I did however say that it wasn't a good thing for Intel to have to recall the manufacturer boards when businesses had them in their warehouses. I thought they should have had their chips in order before they shipped them to other companies but that didn't mean they failed. They would have failed if they had addressed the issue and it still existed.

Sheesh BD hasn't even been out a month yet and everyone is "fail... fail... fail... fail... fail..."

I say give em some time and see what they do about this.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
No Intel did not hit a Home Run right off the bat. They did save their asses by addressing an issue. And as far as I'm aware of AMD didn't send the reviewers the board. They did sent the CPU however.

And as far as BIOS being a non factor to fix issues? I don't know what to tell you except that my CPU was having issues on my board with the first few BIOS iterations. I'm now on 1902 and things have evened out much better ever since. Other owners were having issues with Thubbie on theirs and things have gotten better with newer BIOS iterations.

I just think it's a bit premature to proclaim fail is all.

Most people that are claiming fail are Intel fanbois who love to pile on at the slightest hint that AMD may have an issue.

I've run both Intel and AMD. I don't run out and claim fail when either of them have issues. I did however say that it wasn't a good thing for Intel to have to recall the manufacturer boards when businesses had them in their warehouses. I thought they should have had their chips in order before they shipped them to other companies but that didn't mean they failed. They would have failed if they had addressed the issue and it still existed.

Sheesh BD hasn't even been out a month yet and everyone is "fail... fail... fail... fail... fail..."

I say give em some time and see what they do about this.

~Ceadder
BIOS does not improve performance. It addresses erratas, CPU bugs and general stability. Unless you have word from AMD or it's partners, then please show that official source but on the other hand I can link you every BIOS from Intel motherboards or AMD's and show that there has never been a situation where a new BIOS will improve performance like your claim.

Whether it be Intel or AMD "recommends" reviewers which kind of applications to benchmark. The "advice" is obviously there to skew benches but that's normal industry practice. But you keep thinking that in a month something will change because it won't. Has there ever been a situation where in a month after a CPU is released, it magically gains 30%-50% performance? While it is inexcusable Intel allowed its partners to ship faulty motherboards, it never changed SB performance. Not to mention Intel addressed the issue very quickly.

But you know I don't really care because I don't go around hyping up products for companies that I do not have a stake in. Go ahead and set up your custom loop with a BD platform and pretend it's fast because in reality it's still a piece of crap.
Edited by Clairvoyant129 - 10/18/11 at 9:40pm
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 177
Another question is, if AMD themselves had any notion that a simple BIOS flash could provide this type of performance increase, why aren't they SCREAMING this to us enthusiasts. Why aren't they begging reviewers to wait/warn readers of possible discrepancies to actual performance? It's just not logical.
Edited by Iceman23 - 10/18/11 at 9:37pm
post #146 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman23 View Post
Another question is, if AMD themselves had any notion that a simple BIOS flash could provide this type of performance increase, why aren't that SCREAMING this to us enthusiasts. Why aren't they begging reviewers to wait/warn readers of possible discrepancies to actual performance? It's just not logical.
In the beginning it may have had general stability issues but overall the performance claims are made up by bunch of hard core AMD fanboys like the ones arguing here.

BIOS does not improve or unlock performance, it's mind boggling how these fanboys like to make excuse after excuse for a company they don't have a stake in. And if rational folks point that out, they get labeled as an Intel fanboy. Pathetic.
Edited by Clairvoyant129 - 10/18/11 at 9:43pm
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Surface Pro 3
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3720QM @ 2.6GHz/3.6GHz Turbo  HM77 Geforce GT650M 1GB GDDR5 @ 900MHz 16GB @ 1600MHz  
Hard DriveOSMonitor
256GB Samsung PM830 SSD OSX 10.8 Mountain Lion 2880x1800 Retina Display 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5-4300U @1.9GHz/2.5GHz Turbo Intel HD4400 8GB @ 1600MHz 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 8.1 Pro 2160x1440 ClearType HD  Surface Pro Type Cover 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitallag View Post
quality > quantity.
Not always... depends on price point and usage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
And watch what happens when Mainboard Manufacturers fine tune their BIOS.

Look I'm not saying that AMD didn't fail an I'm not sayin they did. Point is the CPU is too new for any review to be a proper review. I apologize if I haven't made myself clear enough to get this across. I just think that if you give Intel some slack for their failure prior to shipping that you should be willing to accept that with new architecture, AMD is probably gonna take a bit to get FX CPUs' running smoothly.

Look how long they took to even put them out. That right there should tell people they were having issues. Sandy Bridge didn't hit a home run for Intel right off the bat. And to expect that from AMD is ridiculous. regardless of how long it took them to launch.
Ceadderman, please stop making up nonsense... do you even understand what a BIOS does? It does not unlock performance and it is not the responsibility of motherboard companies to tune it.

"New" CPU is a non-reason. This is enterprise stuff. You don't just launch a multi-billion product hoping to tweak it a bit later.

Sandy Bridge was a home run for Intel off the bat. Look at Intel's earning for the last year....
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Not always... depends on price point and usage.


Ceadderman, please stop making up nonsense... do you even understand what a BIOS does? It does not unlock performance and it is not the responsibility of motherboard companies to tune it.

"New" CPU is a non-reason. This is enterprise stuff. You don't just launch a multi-billion product hoping to tweak it a bit later.

Sandy Bridge was a home run for Intel off the bat. Look at Intel's earning for the last year....
This.
Silent Killer
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K MAXIMUS VII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Samsung 840 HGST Deskstar 4TB Western Digital Blue 6TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro (x64) Acer XB270HU Crossover 27Q-LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Corsair RM1000 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG - Satin Black Logitech G900 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX - LME49860NA x3 M-Audio BX5 Carbon Black JBL LSR310S V-Moda Crossfade M100 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Killer
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4770K MAXIMUS VII HERO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 850 Samsung 840 HGST Deskstar 4TB Western Digital Blue 6TB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H115i Windows 10 Pro (x64) Acer XB270HU Crossover 27Q-LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G910 Corsair RM1000 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG - Satin Black Logitech G900 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX - LME49860NA x3 M-Audio BX5 Carbon Black JBL LSR310S V-Moda Crossfade M100 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Not always... depends on price point and usage.


Ceadderman, please stop making up nonsense... do you even understand what a BIOS does? It does not unlock performance and it is not the responsibility of motherboard companies to tune it.

"New" CPU is a non-reason. This is enterprise stuff. You don't just launch a multi-billion product hoping to tweak it a bit later.

Sandy Bridge was a home run for Intel off the bat. Look at Intel's earning for the last year....
Whatever. Some forum moderator you are. You're calling me a liar and imho that's counter to what Mods are here for.

1st I'm not making anything up. My CPU worked better when I upgraded my BIOS. That's FACT. Believe what you choose to believe I don't care. Not making it up though. You don't believe me go through the Crosshair thread. Point of fact people say BD won't work on AM3. When ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi all say that with a BIOS update it will. They're just behind in getting things accomplished. So much for BIOS not being able to fix things huh?

2nd, did I say that AMD launched BD "hoping to tweak it later"? Nope? Then don't make it up like that's what I said Mr Mod.

3rd, Intel is a HUGE company. They sell more than just Sandy Bridge. They also had just launched i7-990x. But that didn't have anything to do with their profit margin right? Nevermind that sales almost NEVER reflects success. I forget who that guy was that was University of Miami's alumnus that got them busted but that guy didn't sell anything. Just ran the largest Ponzi scheme in recent history that surpassed what Bernie Madoff made off chumps that fell for his slick rhetoric. Does that mean that he hit a home run too? It's not sales that make it a Home Run it's PERFORMANCE and for a month Performance was not there because Intel had to recall their boards to replace their onboard chips or something along those lines. That's not Home Run material that's a ground rule double.

I would have to say that you fail in relating how I made anything up. You may not agree with my take on the issue and that's fine. Everyone has an opinion and it's your right as well as mine to relate your thoughts. But don't tell me I made anything up. I didn't and that was rather uncalled for.

It's too early to consider anything fail unless you personally work for Intel. Good day.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #150 of 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Whatever. Some forum moderator you are. You're calling me a liar and imho that's counter to what Mods are here for.

1st I'm not making anything up. My CPU worked better when I upgraded my BIOS. That's FACT. Believe what you choose to believe I don't care. Not making it up though. You don't believe me go through the Crosshair thread. Point of fact people say BD won't work on AM3. When ASUS, Gigabyte and MSi all say that with a BIOS update it will. They're just behind in getting things accomplished. So much for BIOS not being able to fix things huh?

2nd, did I say that AMD launched BD "hoping to tweak it later"? Nope? Then don't make it up like that's what I said Mr Mod.

3rd, Intel is a HUGE company. They sell more than just Sandy Bridge. They also had just launched i7-990x. But that didn't have anything to do with their profit margin right? Nevermind that sales almost NEVER reflects success. I forget who that guy was that was University of Miami's alumnus that got them busted but that guy didn't sell anything. Just ran the largest Ponzi scheme in recent history that surpassed what Bernie Madoff made off chumps that fell for his slick rhetoric. Does that mean that he hit a home run too? It's not sales that make it a Home Run it's PERFORMANCE and for a month Performance was not there because Intel had to recall their boards to replace their onboard chips or something along those lines. That's not Home Run material that's a ground rule double.

I would have to say that you fail in relating how I made anything up. You may not agree with my take on the issue and that's fine. Everyone has an opinion and it's your right as well as mine to relate your thoughts. But don't tell me I made anything up. I didn't and that was rather uncalled for.

It's too early to consider anything fail unless you personally work for Intel. Good day.

~Ceadder
I never called you a liar.... I did say you do not know what a BIOS does nor understand how the business works.

You did imply that you hoped AMD would tweak it later.... hence the BIOS belief.

Sandy Bridge was a success. You are talking about the B2 chipset issue.... so what? Intel ate $1B on it... go look at their quarterly earnings released yesterday: http://www.intc.com/releasedetail.cf...easesType=Home Intel had a $20B revenue on desktop/workstation/mobile CPUs so far this year.... almost all of that would be SB.



Why are you attacking my moderator status? Do you want to attack your non-computer engineer or non-server knowledge?

Oh yeah, about Intel... I am a volunteer moderator there: http://communities.intel.com/people/DuckieHo

(In addition, my aunt is a fabrication manager at Intel and an uncle was chip designer.)


Don't bring a knife to a gun fight....
Edited by DuckieHo - 10/18/11 at 10:30pm
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [In] Why AMD Failed, Another Ex-Employee Confession