Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Crucial SSD Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Crucial SSD Owners Club - Page 35

post #341 of 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

That is the max that the Marvell ports can put out. You need to use native Intel ports to get better performance. That is why the Marvell ports are crap and aren't suggested to be used. I get a higher score on SATA 2 with one M4 than you do with your 2 on the Marvell SATA 3 ports.
So use the SATA 2 ports and rebuild the array. smile.gif

Ohhh, thanks a lot. I was getting a bit frustrated smile.gif Reinstall here we go frown.gif
post #342 of 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

That is the max that the Marvell ports can put out. You need to use native Intel ports to get better performance. That is why the Marvell ports are crap and aren't suggested to be used. I get a higher score on SATA 2 with one M4 than you do with your 2 on the Marvell SATA 3 ports.
So use the SATA 2 ports and rebuild the array. smile.gif

Ohhh, thanks a lot. I was getting a bit frustrated smile.gif Reinstall here we go frown.gif

If you want check out my guide, it will show you how to set up your system for the best performance. smile.gif

www.overclock.net/t/1156654/seans-windows-7-install-guide-optimization-for-ssds-hdds
post #343 of 1783
Yep I have read most of your guide. Excellent guide.

One last question. Is it Marvel in generally or just the one they choosed for the X58D-E motherboard, that has these problems.

As I'm using 3 slots of the 4 available, I can't really do anything at the moment. So I might have to get a new board. Any sugestions ?
post #344 of 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDog View Post

Yep I have read most of your guide. Excellent guide.

One last question. Is it Marvel in generally or just the one they choosed for the X58D-E motherboard, that has these problems.

As I'm using 3 slots of the 4 available, I can't really do anything at the moment. So I might have to get a new board. Any sugestions ?

Just the Marvell ports in general.

What do you mean 3/4 there are 6 SATA 3Gb/s ports on it! And the additional 2 Marvell ports. I had the Premium version of your mobo before this set up. I miss that board lol.

Also, when you go through the guide for the alignment of your RAID 0 array instead of 4096 use 1024, my friend just explained to me that the write performance should go up for MBR formatted discs.
post #345 of 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

Just the Marvell ports in general.
What do you mean 3/4 there are 6 SATA 3Gb/s ports on it! And the additional 2 Marvell ports. I had the Premium version of your mobo before this set up. I miss that board lol.
Also, when you go through the guide for the alignment of your RAID 0 array instead of 4096 use 1024, my friend just explained to me that the write performance should go up for MBR formatted discs.

My bad. I forgot about the 2 blue sata connectors below smile.gif

Ok, I'll give it a go, and "report back" with results smile.gif

Thx a ton dude, you made my evening a bit more relaxing..
post #346 of 1783
reporting in! M4 64Gb338
450
post #347 of 1783
That helped a bit smile.gif

378
post #348 of 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDog View Post

Hi Forum,
I have just installed 2 M4's each 128gb in raid 0. Clean install of windows and installed all chipset drivers etc.
Running AS SSD benchmark gives me a worse result than my single C300 64gb SSD, I had before. I have read 30 pages in this thread, various guides (also that on page 1). No matter what I do, the result of the benchmark is the same.
I have an ASUS P6X58D-E motherboard with an I7 processor. Besides the 2 SSD in RAID on the Marvel 6gbs connections, I have 3 samsung spinpoints F4 running on the 3 sata-2 ports in raid 0 and they perform flawless. I'm very clueless how to obtain higher performance. These 2 babies, should be able to do over 1000mb/sec in raid 0.
511
I would appriciate any help.


And now, running on sata2 connectors.

511
post #349 of 1783
Awesome! biggrin.gif
post #350 of 1783
I'll be buying a crucial m4 128gb version sometime soon. On newegg theres 2 versions, one with the transfer kit and without. I'm planning on buying the one with the kit but the speeds are advertised slower on that one on newegg???

Anyone bought the transfer kit version? Does transferring it require any tinkering?
My PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 Gigabyte GA-970-A-UD3 AM3+ Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB  Kingston HyperX 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 120GB SSD  WD 500GB Caviar Black LiteOn DVD Burner Cooler Master 212 Evo Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Premium x64 Asus VS238H LED 23" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair AX750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G400 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 Gigabyte GA-970-A-UD3 AM3+ Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB  Kingston HyperX 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 120GB SSD  WD 500GB Caviar Black LiteOn DVD Burner Cooler Master 212 Evo Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Premium x64 Asus VS238H LED 23" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair AX750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G400 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Crucial SSD Owners Club