Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Newegg Shenanigans. (not their fault)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Newegg Shenanigans. (not their fault) - Page 10  

post #91 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSlippers View Post
AMD was shipping a badge in the box that said "Sandy Bridge Slayer". They're having retailers remove these badges prior to shipping.
I'll admit I had to take another look in the box, just to be sure

I also remembered I never broke the back seal, so if anyone wants proof my box was sealed, then here ya go.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120, and a bunch more AM3/AM2+ Crosshair V, Crosshair IV Lots of green Dominator GT 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Dominator GT Perfect Storm M4 64Gb Dihydrogen monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Liquid Nit... 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
OCN Marksman pot k|ngp|n F1 Dark pot Stripped Xp Antec 1200W HCP 
Case
Dimastech Hard 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-8120, and a bunch more AM3/AM2+ Crosshair V, Crosshair IV Lots of green Dominator GT 
RAMRAMHard DriveCooling
Dominator GT Perfect Storm M4 64Gb Dihydrogen monoxide, Carbon dioxide, Liquid Nit... 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
OCN Marksman pot k|ngp|n F1 Dark pot Stripped Xp Antec 1200W HCP 
Case
Dimastech Hard 
  hide details  
post #92 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkSlippers View Post
AMD was shipping a badge in the box that said "Sandy Bridge Slayer". They're having retailers remove these badges prior to shipping.
post #93 of 105
This is why I love microcenter. Nothing like picking up expensive parts personally and being able to inspect the box BEFORE you pay. I bought my CPU there. My MB was an open box from newegg though (saved about 40% on it).
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 3.2 GHz at 1.0V Asus Rampage III Formula Asus HD6870 6GB Mushkin Redline 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 250 GB SSD,2X 1TB F3, 250GB WD Blue, 1T... Asus BD Megahalems black chrome edition Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus 24" Mac keyboard Enermax ERV950EWT Silverstone FT02 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Steelseries I-2 Onkyo 1000W 7.1 surround through HDMI 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 3.2 GHz at 1.0V Asus Rampage III Formula Asus HD6870 6GB Mushkin Redline 1600MHz 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 250 GB SSD,2X 1TB F3, 250GB WD Blue, 1T... Asus BD Megahalems black chrome edition Windows 7 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x Asus 24" Mac keyboard Enermax ERV950EWT Silverstone FT02 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX518 Steelseries I-2 Onkyo 1000W 7.1 surround through HDMI 
  hide details  
post #94 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
Regardless of Newegg's actions, if AMD asked them to open the box, you open the box.

There is no magical fairy land where you get sent new stickers.

AMD chose to honorably remove something from the box and break the seals...That to me, says a lot.

Again, I had to remove manuals from the 2500ks and 2600ks when they were ordered through our company...Did I ever tell the end user? No, Intel told us not to.

Thus why I actually have little blowtorches in the office.



The second release of AMD products will likely come without whatever is/was removed so, if you're that hyped up about it, wait...but, don't dismiss a vendor because they're doing exactly what the manufacturer asked them to do.

Just give up Mask, these guys will never be satisfied with your responses. They are infatuated with this sticker/seal. They believe that the processor should be labeled as "open boxed" b/c the seal was broken even though it was due to AMD's demands. They don't know that "open boxed" products are returns from customers and COULD have been used for a varying amount of time, 1 min to half a year or more. They want Newegg to put another seal onto the box even though the first seal was already broken. For some reason, they believe that this second sticker will magically make this "open box" product "new" again. They don't understand that during a product launch, waiting a day or two for new AMD stickers, can cost Newegg to lose more money than their monthly income. They already know the reasons why the seal was broken but yet they are not satisfied with a $20 discount for a NEW product by AMD's standards. They are blaming Newegg instead of blaming AMD for not informing the end-user.




Newegg actually did sell me a REAL open box item as new awhile back. That is actually something that people can argue about! However, they refunded me the full amount and let me keep the product. THIS situation with the processor shouldn't cause consumers to blacklist Newegg.
Edited by listen to remix - 10/18/11 at 1:07pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
post #95 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
Personally, I'd rather have a broken seal then something shady.
...well isn't a broken seal pretty shady as it is?

Regardless of what you describe, anything could've been tampered with in that box. Send it back, demand an unopened one. I wouldn't pay full retail price for something that could possibly be second hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix View Post
They believe that the processor should be labeled as "open boxed" b/c the seal was broken even though it was due to AMD's demands. They don't know that "open boxed" products are returns from customers and COULD have been used for a varying amount of time, 1 min to half a year or more.
I Don't really get your point. So "opened box" doesn't actually mean "opened box"? Perhaps the problem is the stupid term used to describe what it is you're describing. an opened box is...an opened box.

..and these are...opened.

I don't care how reputable the retailer, if the box is opened, i'm not paying full retail price for a product that's been tampered with. I'd rather a full refund.
Edited by Thingamajig - 10/18/11 at 1:21pm
post #96 of 105
Yet another failed OCN thread.
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
BULLDOZER!!!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8120FX Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 2ea MSI r9-270x 16gb G-Skill Snipers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 3x1tb greens, 1x1tb black Adata S599 120gb LG DVDR/RW, LG Blueray CM V8 Win7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG2762D Microsoft Antec TPN-750 CM HAF 932 
MouseMouse Pad
Microsoft X5 Generic 
  hide details  
post #97 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix View Post
Just give up Mask, these guys will never be satisfied with your responses. They are infatuated with this sticker/seal. They believe that the processor should be labeled as "open boxed" b/c the seal was broken even though it was due to AMD's demands. They don't know that "open boxed" products are returns from customers and COULD have been used for a varying amount of time, 1 min to half a year or more. They want Newegg to put another seal onto the box even though the first seal was already broken. For some reason, they believe that this second sticker will magically make this "open box" product "new" again. They don't understand that during a product launch, waiting a day or two for new AMD stickers, can cost Newegg to lose more money than their monthly income. They already know the reasons why the seal was broken but yet they are not satisfied with a $20 discount for a NEW product by AMD's standards. They are blaming Newegg instead of blaming AMD for not informing the end-user.

I know what "open box" from a store is.

We had someone show that their 8120 seal wasn't broken from a retailer.

Now, I'd like for you to show proof that AMD ordered those items to be opened. Do you work for a retailer and have that proof?

Simply put, neither does the customer at home who orders online. And, the OP didn't get any notice from Newegg. This could have been easily solved by including a piece of paper stating:

Dear customer,
We opened your AMD FX product at the request of the manufacturer. We assure you nothing has been altered.
Thank you
(insert retailer name here)

Fact is, AMD *is* to accept some of the blame too if they didn't include something they should have. Their QC/QA process should have caught this before shipment.

However as was alleged earlier that it was a "please make sure your BIOS is updated" noticed, there is still no reason the CPU box had to be opened to include this. Period.

Really. It would have been minutes of programming to put a check into the order generation to see if a product code was one of the FX items a notice on the invoice or print an extra insert.

It would have cost Newegg a few hundred dollars at most...labor, paper, and all.

Now if they're refunding $20 per CPU, and say 1,000 CPU buyers got a gift card given...that's $20k of profit...poof!

Oops anyone?
2009-2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 555BE @ 3.96GHz MSI 790FX-GD70 2x Sapphire 5850s 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ VertexII RAID0 + 2xSamsung F1s RAID0 Lite-On BD-ROM/DVD-RW WinXP Pro x64/Win 7 Pro x64/Kubuntu 9.10 x64 Acer G24 Ferrari 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
merc SteelSeries Enermax Evolution 1050W Azza Solano 1000 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 
  hide details  
2009-2010 Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 555BE @ 3.96GHz MSI 790FX-GD70 2x Sapphire 5850s 2x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ VertexII RAID0 + 2xSamsung F1s RAID0 Lite-On BD-ROM/DVD-RW WinXP Pro x64/Win 7 Pro x64/Kubuntu 9.10 x64 Acer G24 Ferrari 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
merc SteelSeries Enermax Evolution 1050W Azza Solano 1000 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 
  hide details  
post #98 of 105
If I buy something new, I want it sealed at the factory, and unsealed by me.

If I sold something new, I wouldn't unseal it, because I wouldn't want to give a customer any reason to doubt the product's "newness".

If I manufactured something new, I would make damn sure everything was correct before I send out 1000's of them.
Whitey
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Geforce GTX 660 Corsair Vengence 2x4GB 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
1TB WD Caviar Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ EVGA 650W 
CaseMouse
Corsaid 600T White  Mionix Avior7000 
  hide details  
Whitey
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4670k Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H Geforce GTX 660 Corsair Vengence 2x4GB 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
1TB WD Caviar Dell S2340M Logitech G710+ EVGA 650W 
CaseMouse
Corsaid 600T White  Mionix Avior7000 
  hide details  
post #99 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joephis19 View Post
If I buy something new, I want it sealed at the factory, and unsealed by me.

If I sold something new, I wouldn't unseal it, because I wouldn't want to give a customer any reason to doubt the product's "newness".

If I manufactured something new, I would make damn sure everything was correct before I send out 1000's of them.
**** happens, as listen to remix said, why would they wait for new stickers and possible lose a lot of money when those stickers change nothing about the actual product?
You guys are way to paranoid.
2013
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700k GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost G.SKILL 1866 Sniper 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Basic Crucial MX200 Windows 10 HP IPS 23-inch 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Be quiet! BN144 System Power 7 500W NZXT Tempest 210 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
2013
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2700k GIGABYTE GA-Z77-D3H Sapphire HD 7870 XT Boost G.SKILL 1866 Sniper 2x4 GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Basic Crucial MX200 Windows 10 HP IPS 23-inch 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
Be quiet! BN144 System Power 7 500W NZXT Tempest 210 Zowie FK1 
  hide details  
post #100 of 105
AMD couldn't even get the packaging correct.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Newegg Shenanigans. (not their fault)